Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ash Collection Zone  (Read 716 times)

Nostrolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ash Collection Zone
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:44:32 am »

So whenever a dragon or fire breathing baddie comes along, they tend to set most of the map on fire, fight? This tends to leave behind large burned areas, and if you 'k' view these tiles they are ashes. So, why not implement an ash collection zone? If you can collect sand and clay in the same manner, why not? It would save having to burn mass amounts of trees for potash. Plus it just kind of makes sense.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Ash Collection Zone
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:49:21 am »

So whenever a dragon or fire breathing baddie comes along, they tend to set most of the map on fire, fight? This tends to leave behind large burned areas, and if you 'k' view these tiles they are ashes. So, why not implement an ash collection zone? If you can collect sand and clay in the same manner, why not? It would save having to burn mass amounts of trees for potash. Plus it just kind of makes sense.
Sand and clay collection don't actually remove the stuff from the tile.  Maybe something akin to "gather webs" so that you get the ashes and do some clean-up.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:34 am »

I suspect that ash won't be 'pure' enough for any industrial use, but it would be nice to see the ashes cleaned so grass can regrow. Right now one campfire tips over and the map becomes Mordor, except with miraculously living trees.
Alternatively, coat everything with a contaminant (a dusting of ash?) but burn down to the dirt without a mysterious ashen layer sterilizing the map.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 12:34:09 pm »

I suspect that ash won't be 'pure' enough for any industrial use, but it would be nice to see the ashes cleaned so grass can regrow. Right now one campfire tips over and the map becomes Mordor, except with miraculously living trees.
Alternatively, coat everything with a contaminant (a dusting of ash?) but burn down to the dirt without a mysterious ashen layer sterilizing the map.

Well, dragonfire, at least, would create plenty of pure ash.

Nostrolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 12:31:25 pm »

or a giant beakless falcon that shoots fireballs out of the hole in its face, as was my case