Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best way to get a werebeast to turn me?  (Read 1803 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to get a werebeast to turn me?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

drank their blood
You can't be a werebeast and vampire, as they are mutually exclusive.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 02:48:05 am »

What about using retirement? It speeds time up for a week or so, I'm not absolutely sure. Retire & come back to adventuring, you'll get some jewelry as a bonus, but your fame would be nullified.

-snip-
I'll test shaking off infected appendages and how it affects everything, then. For the SCIENCE!

As for going nude - not a good choice, even for a very badass adventurer. Once I tried to get infected by lying next to werebeast and skipping turns for a while. It eventually managed to stun me with charge, shattered my leg with the help of RNG and kicked me to the head in two consequent actions.
Yeah I tried testing that too. Unfortunately the beast that I tried to expose my hands to was a werecavy, and it bled to death after I severed one of it's paws. I wonder if it indicates small size or just a bug. Human-sized creatures seem to survive 2 severed limbs ok.

EDIT: you should have damaged it's leg somehow so that it couldn't have charged at you. I forgot to mention it earlier, but that's a must for getting the curse safely.

another edit: I don't know, is it just me or does werecavy just seem not scary enough? Perhaps the game could attribute a "scary" rating to animals based on their size, feeding habits and natural weapons and try to prefer the most fearsome ones for werecurse generation?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:53:24 am by nanomage »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 05:23:38 pm »

What about using retirement? It speeds time up for a week or so, I'm not absolutely sure. Retire & come back to adventuring, you'll get some jewelry as a bonus, but your fame would be nullified.

-snip-
I'll test shaking off infected appendages and how it affects everything, then. For the SCIENCE!

As for going nude - not a good choice, even for a very badass adventurer. Once I tried to get infected by lying next to werebeast and skipping turns for a while. It eventually managed to stun me with charge, shattered my leg with the help of RNG and kicked me to the head in two consequent actions.
Yeah I tried testing that too. Unfortunately the beast that I tried to expose my hands to was a werecavy, and it bled to death after I severed one of it's paws. I wonder if it indicates small size or just a bug. Human-sized creatures seem to survive 2 severed limbs ok.

EDIT: you should have damaged it's leg somehow so that it couldn't have charged at you. I forgot to mention it earlier, but that's a must for getting the curse safely.

another edit: I don't know, is it just me or does werecavy just seem not scary enough? Perhaps the game could attribute a "scary" rating to animals based on their size, feeding habits and natural weapons and try to prefer the most fearsome ones for werecurse generation?

Bad man: I have a Plan! i will profane a temple, and the god will turn me in a fearsome moster to terrorize my enemies!

God: Enjoy being a rabbit.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 02:13:00 am »

Bad man: I have a Plan! i will profane a temple, and the god will turn me in a fearsome moster to terrorize my enemies!

God: Enjoy being a rabbit.
Only I thought about Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 03:49:41 am »

My thoughts were more about bad-tempered Roger Rabbit or Bugs Bunny. Or perhaps a really agressive Easter Bunny with a horrible australian accent. However, they're still not too terrifying compared to the good old werewolf. Perhaps they could still be deadly if they had other traits than brute force, for examples, if wererabbits bred like rabbits, and werecavies were so adorable that you couldn't bring yourself to hit them and so on. But it looks extremely complicated to implement these kinds of traits procedurally.

blazing glory

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:45 am »

What about the good 'ol killer rabbit from monty python and the holy grail?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 07:59:53 am »

He is a nice guy, but not exactly antropomorphic, which I thnk is required from DF werecreatures

bicueites

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 06:35:26 am »

What? Behind the rabbit?

blazing glory

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 07:00:18 am »

What? Behind the rabbit?

*Points dramaticly at the rabbit* it is the rabbit!

Vitellus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »

Still not a werebeast and have been trying for a while
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:51:10 pm by Vitellus »
Perfecting the art of limb removal since U.C. 214

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:07 am »

Perhaps you're doing it wrong. Or became vampire/necro beforehand. You also might be using modded race... Specify your problem and we'll try to help.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 [2]