Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53

Author Topic: Civilization Beyond Earth - A spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri by Firaxis  (Read 146371 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

More like combined console and PC users don't amount to more than 20% total of gamers.

Mobile.
They said gamers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urgh, I meant real gamers obviously.

#WeAreTheMasterRaceAndWeTravelThroughTimeandSpace
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Mobile applications are not games, pacman and tetris are the only excetions. MANDATORY!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, I'm sure like 80% of all gamers use steam

I feel obliged to point out that Steam doesn't exist on XBox or Playstation.

Psh, everyone knows console users aren't gamers.

#PCmasterrace

Mobile applications are not games, pacman and tetris are the only excetions. MANDATORY!

#NoTrueScotsman
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Downloaded the game a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I haven't been to work, the dog has died, my refrigerator was stolen, and I am being evicted.

While it certainly isn't Alpha Centauri 2 in it's atmosphere, and didn't innovate on Civ 5's contributions quite as much as some folks might have liked, I feel it is a real gem in its own right and is probably my favorite installment in the series. In fact, I find the faction sponsors and lore to actually be more engaging than they were in SMAC, owing to the greater plausibility and subtlety in their presentation; everything about Alpha's Centauri's factions was ultraistic to the point of caricature or fanciful abstraction.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile

Downloaded the game a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I haven't been to work, the dog has died, my refrigerator was stolen, and I am being evicted.

But you've still got internet, so everything is okay, right?  :D?
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Trade:
• Previous trade routes appear in their own category at top of trade route chooser

They didn't just implement a 'Check here to activate auto-renewing of trade routes' toggle? Really? Really? The most tedious part of the endgame? This is the change necessitated?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can just go into the config file and set the default trade route duration to some really high value. Set it to longer than your games last and you'll never have to renew them.
The only downside is that station level-ups trigger on trade-route completion, so that'll never happen if they never finish. Still, you can just change the value after leveling up your stations if you don't mind handling renewal in the early game.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Or, alternatively, there can be a toggle that makes the routes auto renew.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not disagreeing that that would be a useful change - I'm suggesting a solution that works with the current version while such a change hasn't been made.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Or, alternatively, there can be a toggle that makes the routes auto renew.
Over the CivFanatics forums I asked the very same thing. Was told that since trade routes perks change dynamically the player  should must/should fiddle periodically to maximize the profit. Or in one word, stupid. Granted, there's people that are into that kind of stuff, I don't judge, but I would very much like that auto-renew option please.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Honestly, even if that were the case, set it to auto-renew, have a pop-up at each renewal period if there's a better route available saying so, and set it so you can either disable that pop-up or checkmark a "Choose the best route available" option so it does that for you. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Honestly, even if that were the case, set it to auto-renew, have a pop-up at each renewal period if there's a better route available saying so, and set it so you can either disable that pop-up or checkmark a "Choose the best route available" option so it does that for you. :V
Or an "Automate Trade Units" checkbox like the one for workers.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Does this game have mind worms?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53