Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Surroundings Summary  (Read 410 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Surroundings Summary
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

Rather then "Looking" at everything to get a sense of place when i tap my way forward, i would like a scene-setting description of my surroundings, at the immediate level of the visible map and possibly the overall geography of an area. The closest we come is a list of visible enemies, i think, and expanding that could do more then any graphics pack.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Surroundings Summary
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:52 pm »

Someone posted the exact same idea about 10 days ago:
A shortcut to quickly assess environment (Adventure mode mainly)

(I've personally had the same idea, too, but was waiting for the tracking mechanics to be implemented to see if it could become part of that.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:48:26 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:56 pm »

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:40:04 am »

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
"Get ye flask"
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?