Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup  (Read 2351 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandate II: Improvements and New Setup
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 12:36:30 pm »

I'll share it, I guess.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 12:30:41 pm »

In case anybody is wondering update is rollign in tomorrow. today was just a terribly long day.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:16 pm »

How did I miss this? Anyway, working on a sheet right now..

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »

Ptw

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 05:34:26 pm »

argh screw it after writing an hour on the new post i hit the wrong button and the thing is gone...update tomorrow...goddamn useless internet thingy....*flips table and gives up for the day*

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 11:05:04 pm »

Oooh... Yeah, those updates are the worst. Just take your time man.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 02:39:38 am »

Most annoying, that is.

Anyway, time to ask more questions.  About shipyards this time. Do their effects take place the turn they're build, or only the turn thereafter. Also, is the refund instantly*, or only at the end of the turn.

*In other words, could I build a ship using a state-owned shipyards and 50% of the price, or do I need the full sum.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 07:10:06 am »

Well you can't use a state-owned ( if you mean the mandate here) shipyard to get cheaper ships.

But if you (aka your Nation/Entity) possesses one you can build ships at 50% the price. On the other hand if lets say Nerjin builds one on your planet, he gets 50%, while you produce at 100%...
in hindsight i should make it somehow more attractive to let others build shipyards on your planet...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 11:22:32 am »

Well, at a price of just 2000 credits, the calculation is quickly made. For anything equal or above to an lvl 4 ship. (Or for that matter, 4 lvl 1 ships) it's cheaper to build a shipyard first.

Probably shouldn't have brought this up, I mean I have to heavily rely on this sort of stuff to have any chance of being somewhat influential. I mean, most nations outspend me. Terra is worst of course, capable of getting almost 80 000  revenue by turn 2.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:51:02 am by 10ebbor10 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 01:37:42 pm »

Terra is fwend to all! Build stuff wherever!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 03:17:24 am »

Kind of right. However, seems like I accidentally misread something, thinking that trade goods were worth 10 000, rather than 5000.

Well, that significantly improves my economic situation.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 12:00:04 pm »

Poke

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 12:43:05 pm »

this game is currently on hold. i apologize to the people who all put effort into signing up but i realized that the game is still far too unpolished and needs some serious working on. If anybody wants to run this with rules as they are pm me i will send you the basic ruleset and stuff but be warned its logistically a huge pain in the ass (the gming of this game) and as i stated before has still too many flaws.

Consider this game dead for now. It will definetly come back either in this or a similiar fashion but with (hopefully) better worked out game mechancis

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 12:50:36 pm »

:(

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 07:07:18 pm »

Name of Nation: The Fimbulian Federation
Type of Government:Federal Republic (Like our modern Russia but with higher regional autonomy the federal government only really exists to collect meager taxes and provide protection)
Requested Planet: Fimbul IV
Willing to Share Planet: N Though I am not strongly opposed to sharing a planet I dont really know how the sharing of a planet works and would need that explained to me before I was to share.
Other Things:
History: When the mandate was first issued and the first wave of colonists left for fimbulian they left with hope in there hearts and a sparkle in there eye. But when they arrived on Fimbul IV there dreams of easily accessed riches and wealth beyond imagination was quickly dispelled as they viewed the desolate rock they were to make there home on. But nonetheless they went about the work of colonizing the planet. They accomplished this by digging deep into Fimbul's crust and hollowing out great caverns for them to live in. After the initial work of establishing the colony was done it was decided that a more effective form of government must be established. Two schools of thought emerged those who favored a direct democracy where every man had a equal share in the way his life was to be ran, or a religious theocracy that believed the teachings of God should be the basis of there nation and that no citizen should have a say in what is done because the bible clearly states what should be done. After months of arguing neither of the sides could come to a peaceful decision and war broke out between the two factions. The Fimbulian massacre is what it has come to be called it is called this because it was truly a massacre the religious forces attacked without warning and destroyed all of the oppositions defense forces with in the first week. Forcing the survivors to flee above ground. The religious faction then instated there government that ruled for near half a century before the democrats returned with a force like no other they had repurposed old and derelict equipment that had been abandoned on the surface to machines of war like no other. After twelve years of brutal conflict and the loss of countless lives a accord was reached between the two factions. The religious government was to be disbanded and in its place a one house legislature with minimal power was to be instated. Thus the Fimbulian Federation has been born.
Culture:
The people of Fimbul un like many other colonists held on to there old religion and typically avoid science as much as practical preferring to stick to there God. Much of the population is eastern Orthodox with a small population of Muslims and Christians mixed in. The architecture of the Fimbulian people tends to lend itself to practicality more then anything else from there homes small slate grey boxes to there cars small grey slate boxes with wheels. The fimbulian people have always shown a tenacity to accomplish any job assigned to them and the entrepreneurship to accomplish it through any means. But what advantage the Fimbulian's may have do to there work ethic is quickly lost due to there lack of imagination and education.

I know that this game has been delayed this is just more of me reserving a spot
Pages: 1 2 [3]