Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got a programming blog - Post was made  (Read 1029 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Got a programming blog - Post was made
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:25:03 am »

For those interested I have it posted now though if anyone still wants to take a look and tell me if anything is wrong that would be great. Will probably use this thread when I need another post checked.
Spoiler: history of OP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:21:58 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Got a programming blog - please proofread my post before it is one
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:18:12 am »

'Lets' takes an apostrophe after the 't' when it's a contraction of 'let us', as is the case most of the time in your article.
The second image under 'Start of Actual Code' (the one headed Projects/targets options) has 'where' instead of 'were'.
After the snippet of the window-creation code you spelled 'aesthetics' as 'esthetics'.
Two paragraphs later, you have a double capital 'AS for it staying...'
"This is beyond the scope of the current project though so later date won't be in this post." Consider revising? I'm not sure what you're saying.
"To note I will be..." Perhaps you meant 'Do note'?

That's about it that I noticed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:55:58 am »

Thank you, I fixed what you suggested. As for the line you said to consider revising I just deleted it as it really did serve no real purpose. Probably was just me being up too late.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 04:20:54 pm »

For those interested I have it posted now though if anyone still wants to take a look and tell me if anything is wrong that would be great. Will probably use this thread when I need another post checked.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got a programming blog - Post was made
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:52:51 am »

Cool, ptw.  I love this kind of thing, will keep an eye on this just in case I go back to C++ someday.  Presentation is very clear and I like the detail with which you explain each step.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Got a programming blog - Post was made
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:24 am »

Thank you, I will note that it isn't specifically a C++ blog. It just happens that I am currently working with C++. When I go to learning another language that will show up as well. Though I do admit I am probably going to be focusing on C++ for at least this summer barring interesting circumstances.