Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: demon tower  (Read 2220 times)

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
Re: demon tower
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 08:50:16 am »

Aren't demons magma proof?

Burn the heathen! OOC, it depends. Some are, some aren't. It has something to do with their base temp. I've never really tried much with the Circus.

Just remembered: If any of the demons either A) have deadly blood or B) some sort of venom they spew, KEEP AWAY. The blood will contaminate your fortress and likely kill the majority of your dwarves like FB syndromes. And your dwarves will track it EVERYWHERE.

Strategically placed bathtubs can prevent that, I think.

Ditches with water tiles 3 deep are a necessity for any cavern entrance.

I'm assuming [if the guy's fortress is still intact] its a tab bit too late for bathtubs ATM. Unless...quick! Magma bathtubs! Everywhere! With artifact furniture lures and noble bait!

"Why not just magma the whole world?" Said Urist McGoodidea

Sir, you have just blown my mind.
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
Re: demon tower
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 09:43:33 am »

I had a modified silk farm set up where a dragon was on one side and a demon of snow was on the other. The demon was completely unaffected by the dragon fire (which burns much hotter than magma) and I put it on top of my 5z lvl tower for decoration.

too bad a random elite marksdwarf saw the demon and shot it in the face, prematurely ending my badass flame tower. (dragonfire also doesn't spread to additional z lvls, a happy accident)
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 [2]