Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.  (Read 19918 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] Part 2: First Blood
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2014, 01:26:13 am »

as opposed to the feeling we got when we found out we're a Druid??

Let's forest walk our way toward the big tree we're crushing on
You don't have enough MP to use Forestwalk!

((Sorry, I forgot to update your MP after Treemeld. My bad.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
  • The ever evolving and malleable me
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2014, 01:43:56 am »

.... -.- ..... Fine. Let's walk through the forest toward the tree we're crushing on in a normal, MP efficient, fashion.
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »

You walk across the forest, with little happening on the way there. It's slow and slightly painful, but the vegetation is thin enough for you to get through with a bit of effort. Finally, you make it to the giant tree. There seems to be a gate of some sort built into it. You move towards it, but from a pair of shadows, two men wielding spears step forward, crossing their weapons in front of you and making it impossible to pass.
"State your name and state your business in these parts."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 24, 2014, 02:57:04 am »

"My name's Vivian. I was exploring the area.
"...Can...Can you say your name again?"
He sounds nervous, and somewhat scared.
Er...Vivian? Why?
Both of them quickly hold their weapons at their side, and jump out of your way.
"Please, M'lady, forgive us! We didn't know you were one of the Primaries! Spare us from the gallows, we have children."
"Woah, what? M'lady? Gallows? Primaries? I...what?
"Please, if you'll allow it, the Secondary Warden of the Royal Stables has requested an audience when you showed up. And, if you don't mind my asking, are the other Primaries with you?"
You mean Knoton and Cain?
'We aren't permitted to know your name, by decree of the God of Light. But, since you know them, I should think so, though there should be another as well."
"Hm. Well, Knoton and Cain are both in the Caverns, last I heard. Neither of them have responded to me trying to contact them.
"I see. Should you wish, we can always assemble a royal entourage, and allow you access to the Caverns. Speak with the Warden about that."
"Well, goodbye, I guess."
"Farewell, M'lady."
With that, you enter the interior of the tree. It seems even larger than it did on the outside. The inside is hollowed out, with rings every 20 or so feet on the walls jutting out a considerable distance. In the center is what appears to be a town square of some sort, and high above, you see what almost looks like a flying castle built into the wood. It's filled with people, most of whom are humans, but a rare few of them appear to be elves. They seem to be taking note of your appearance, and you realize that you probably look rather ragged, given your time in the woods. Built into the sides of the tree are various shops, with signs written in an alphabet entirely unknown to you.
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 24, 2014, 10:00:34 am »

Ask a random bystander what the Primaries are.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »

Make them give us stuff!
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2014, 12:09:11 pm »

You grab a random person by the shoulder.
"Hey, random person! I'm new in town. What are the Primaries?"
"...What? How do you not know what the Primaries are? And where did you come from if not from the Great Malith? Anyways, if you somehow don't know, the four Primaries are the most active of our nobles, and second most powerful, underneath only the God of Light himself. The current ones are, I think, Vivian the Druid, Cain the Sorcerer of Water, Knoton the Disciple of Air, and Aedus the Warrior of Fire."
Is that what my class is? Crap.
"They live in the Great Palace at the top of the Great Malith."
"Alright well bye certainly not a primary nope no siree."
With that, you quickly leave. You walk into one of the stores (It seems to be selling food) and demand that they give you, Vivian the Druid, free stuff. The elf manning the store quickly bows.
"I-I'm sorry M'lady, but it is by order of the God of Light himself that we do not give you discounts or free items."
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2014, 03:32:31 pm »

By order of the god of light eh? Sounds like deus ex to me...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2014, 12:15:11 am »

Due to lack of actions and a presumable lack of interest from the players, I'm officially declaring this game dead. Sorry guys.

Since it's just going to be sitting on my computer if I don't post this, I'll go ahead and give you guys how the plot was going to go, in broad strokes.

First off, a bit of an encyclopedia/glossary. The Transcendents, as you may have guessed, are essentially the link between the Mortal Realm (Earth) and the Deific Realm (Home of the gods). They resided on the Transcendental Plane, naturally, which is also where the game takes place, though it's after what is essentially the apocalypse has been triggered. Knoton, Cain, Vivian, Aedus, Masou, and the other three Chosen Souls (More on them in a moment) were all Transcendents who were born on the Mortal Realm, and therefore survived the Cleansing, which is what destroyed the vast majority of the Transcendental Plane. All that's left is the Shrine of Yala, a shrine to a god named Hathul, eight areas tied to the Chosen Souls, Light, Dark, the Great Tree (Where Vivian was at the time that the game stalled), and Crow's Haunt, a city not dissimilar to the Great Tree, but ruled over by the Dark Chosen Souls, and residing in the Inferno (Masou's area). The Cleansing was triggered by the other gods after it was deemed that too many of them had become too powerful and too corrupt. The actions that take place afterwards decides what the newly formed universe will be like.

It should also be noted that neither Light nor Dark are the good guys. In fact, they're really both totalitarian megalomaniacs. The closest thing to a good guy amongst the surviving gods is Hathul, God of Balance, and even then it's questionable. Anyways, the other three Chosen Souls (The main mortal born Transcendents who are aligned with either Light or Dark; there are 16 others, called the Secondary Souls, but they don't have any respective areas, aren't aligned with any gods, and aren't as powerful) are Lyn, the Beast Master of Water, Adam, the Warrior of Earth, and Aira, the Sorceress of Air. I could go into more detail if you guys want, but I doubt many of you would really be interested in them.

Finally, we come to the Daemon, who is the master of the Spirit. His goal was to use the Spirit to bring all four of the surviving gods and all eight Chosen Souls to their death. Then, with his major obstacles removed, the Spirit could possess a Secondary Soul (Which are too weak for you to be able to interfere with it), and summon the Daemon into the Transcendental plane, dismantling it and bringing about utter oblivion in the new universe. Aside from the Spirit, he had another tool to influence the Chosen Souls: Daemonic Links. These are very powerful weapons with extremely powerful magic abilities charged by it spilling the blood of a living being. However, using these powers caused the bearer to become more and more corrupted, eventually leading to them becoming permanently stuck in their monstrous Daemonic Form, under the direct control of the Daemon. Knoton's Link was the Crimson Kris, Cain's was the unseen Staff of Skulls, you saw Masou using his (In fact, he was very close to becoming locked in his Daemonic Form, and was already pretty much entirely controlled by the Daemon), and I hadn't decided on a name for the other four's.

The most likely ending, I think, was the Omnicide ending, in which both Light and Dark are destroyed, but the Daemon couldn't complete his plan. This would lead to a new world similar to the old one being created, with the gods largely unchanged. It was, all told, the normal ending. The Light ending was the least likely, I think. If you destroyed Dark and summoned Light using four sigil stones (Items left behind by each Chosen Soul upon death; who it came from doesn't matter, only who's using it), then Light would gain absolute control over the new world, causing it to be a dry, scorching plane of absolute law locked in eternal day and drought. The Dark ending was also fairly unlikely, and rather similar. It was caused when Light was destroyed and a member of the Dark team activated four sigils. It  would lead to a tundra with no light existing whatsoever, filled with absolute chaos and insanity. Finally, there was the Balance ending, which was essentially the golden ending. In it, neither Light nor Dark were destroyed, nor where either of them summoned. Instead, Hathul was unleashed, and peace was reached between the inhabitants of the Great Tree and Crow's Haunt. This would create an idyllic world of peace and prosperity, not unlike the Transcendental Realm pre-Cleansing. However, Hathul would be the only god in existence, and he'd quickly smite anyone on either the Mortal Realm or Transcendental Realm who threatened to upset his idea of the balance of the world.

Any questions?

EDIT: Regardless, this is probably my most successful game yet, and I'm quite happy with how it was in the beginning. I think recently I started bogging it down with the serious side of it, when it was a pretty silly game up until that point. In particular, the Aedus bit I feel came waaay too early, creating mood whiplash with Knoton and Cain, and Masou horribly maiming Aedus while giving an infodump of things that probably should have been kept largely in the dark for the time being.

Also, quick note. Masou did not, in fact, kill Aedus. Rather, he essentially brainwashed him (The Lord class gives Masou control over ALL things related to fire, even enemy combatants). It was possible to save him in a showdown with "Masou", which would lead to more exposition and your most powerful melee attacker, aside from maybe some of the creatures summoned by Vivian's later spells.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:19:50 am by flameboy99 »

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2014, 02:34:37 am »

It was fun while it lasted... Well... Until the druid.... Blarg...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]