Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Disable clothing deterioration, and custom race performance during world-gen.

(1/1)

BoogieMan:
I'm getting a little frustrated how littered my aged forts get with discarded clothing. Or how they seem to love dropping socks in doorways, forcing them to stay open.. And how it can take a year for someone to come pick it up.

So I decided I was going to look in to disabling or increasing the required time for clothing items to wear out. I looked in the raws without seeing anything obvious, and I expected to find something in the wiki or forum, since I went in to this assuming it's been asked and done before. I used a number of different searching terms, but nothing useful came up.

So, could someone please help me deal with this problem?

EDIT: I forgot to ask my other questions about custom races.

When you add a custom race to the game, how much of what you change about them beyond their morals affect their performance, impact, and longevity during world gen?

I assume a longer lifespan helps with population as they have more children and of course the rate at which they mature. But how much, if any, impact does things like innate skills, combat prowess, attributes like strength and willpower, and body size? What about custom weapons and armor? Will two races identical other than material access affect it in any way? Such as stone weapons vs. iron.

For example, if you modded in a ridiculous cheat race, will they do really good during world gen or is that handled more abstractly and not closely based upon the racial attributes?

And lastly if you add extra organs, say lungs, to a creature will it suffer less/be less likely to die when one of them is damage? Or are they just more of a liability by giving them more squishy innards to be damaged?

BlackFlyme:
1) Clothing deterioration cannot be disabled as far as I know. The only way to work around that is to make all clothing an armour level, as armour does not degrade over time like clothing. But then civilians would always be naked, because they will not wear armour unless they are in a military squad that is told to wear armour.

2) Innate and gained skills are taken into account, though size can be important as well. I'm unsure if a creature's physical attributes are taken into account, however. I'm fairly certain that what weapons/armour/etc. are used are not considered in world-gen.

3) Redundant organs can help improve a creature's survivability. For an in-game example, ettins can survive losing a head because they have two brains. Though you can suffocate with only one lung damaged, and it does create more targets to hit. It's a bit of a double-edged sword.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version