Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: We're Off to Kill the Space-Dragon!  (Read 2586 times)

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
We're Off to Kill the Space-Dragon!
« on: April 17, 2014, 02:51:28 pm »

I'm back! Are you ready to roll a one and stab yourself accidentally?

Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TLDR:
Nazi aliens took over the world. They worship a space-dragon. You have to kill it.

Rules:

1.If a party-member dies, he/she will be replaced at the next space-port.

2.If all 4 party-members die in space, a new expedition starts from the last space-port.

3.Health System: You have an amount of blood/soul/integrity in your body. If you get sliced open, there is less. When there is none, you are dead. There may be enemies or traps that are 1-hit kills, but they will only be the result of extreme foolishness or rolling a 1.

4.Basic Roll To Dodge rules.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Class: The party will need at least one “tank”(anything from a space marine to a samurai), a healer(cleric or M.D.), and a pilot/captain.
Race: Human, Vampire, Golem or Cyborg. (Cyborgs cannot use magic. Golems are extremely strong, but not very dexterous. Vampires have unique strengths and weaknesses.)
Description: A short rundown of appearance, personality, and motivation.
Inventory: Mediocre versions of your preferred weapons and armor.

Current party:

Waiting List:

Inventory:
Your bullets are surplus from wars which no living person can remember. Your guns were bought from shady men in alleys. Your enhancements were done in abandoned warehouses with cheap parts and amateur doctors. You are not killing machines... yet.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:02:15 pm by Slothman400 »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: We're Off to Kill the Space-Dragon!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:58:06 pm »

Name: M.U.R.D.E.R.B.O.R.G.
Class: S.A.M.U.R.A.I. M.A.R.I.N.E.
Race: CYBORG
Description: M.U.R.D.E.R.B.O.R.G. IS HERE TO KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM, AND HE'S ALL OUTTA GUM. M.U.R.D.E.R.B.O.R.G. IS A RELATIVELY BIG CYBORG. THAT IS ALL HE IS WILLING TO PROVIDE.
Inventory: GRENADE FIRING DUAL SMG'S, EMPTY PACK OF BUBBLEGUM, BODY ARMOR
On a more serious note, shouldn't this be in the RTD section?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 03:07:44 pm »

Name: Dave David Davidson
Class: Paradox Mage (Could be ether a tank or a healer as he can go back in time to back himself up and he can heal your wounds by stopping them from ever happening.)
Race: Human
Description: Looks like the tenth doctor. Believes and somehow convinces others (including the alien overlords for added haha) that he is a Timelord.
Inventory: Malfunctioning Sonic Screwdriver, Time Wand (Opens time portals with !!SCIENCE!!)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:57:00 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:10:39 pm »

Sorry, posted this in the wrong forum.

I'll be moving it now.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »

Name: Uther
Class: Bounty Hunter (can fulfill any role except healer)
Race: Vampire
Description:
     Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin, shorter than average but not by much.
     Personality: Stubborn and prideful. Dislikes most people and all. Likes shooting things.
     Motivations: Resents being told he is inferior to livestock, and just likes shooting things in general.
Inventory:
     Weapons: Lots and lots of guns. Rapid fire preferred but not required.
     Armor: Light jumpsuit with plate inserts and lots of holsters for his guns.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:13:50 pm »

Name: Kathi Navik
Class: Pilot/spellsword
Race: Chimerically Altered Human.
Description: Kathi has rather long brown hair down to her lower back, her eyes look rather feline due to her alterations and provide her with excellent night vision. She has a cat tail and cat ears resulting in enhanced balance and hearing, she cannot eat plant matter as she can no longer metabolize it. She is a pure carnivore and has no inhibitions about eating sentient beings if she is hungry, food is food. She has fangs and claws, they are quite capable of rending meat and some armor.

She normally carries claw gauntlets as a primary weapon set and her armor is a Kevlar and leather lattice that doesn't limit maneuverability. It had many pockets sewn in it.

She hates being called genetically when she is clearly superior. She has eaten enough of them to know she is better. They shouldn't be so killable and tasty!

She is normally hyper and tends to act somewhat like a cat. She hates people being above her and is quite willing to kill her way to the top.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:17:17 pm by Kevak »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »

Name: Pope Clement XXIIV
Class: Pope
Race: Human
Description: His Holiness Pope Clement XXIIV, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God - most only call him by one of these - eh.. right. His Holiness is a frail old man in his later 70's. Like many popes have been. Go figure. He obviously has seen through the heathen plot of the aliens, for there is only one god, and that space-dragon-thingy certainly is not the one. Thus, by the process of elimination, it hereby can only be a demon, if not lucifer himself!
Inventory: Papal Staff of Healing, Papal Robes of Protection, Papal Plasma-Rifle of unneccessarily gory deaths

Yeah... don't ask. Just what popped into my head. I mean, a mans gotta do, right?

Oh, right. Here, have a Space-Dragon for relevance;

;3
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:34:42 pm by escaped lurker »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:16:36 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
That alright?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 03:17:37 pm »

This thread has already been moved to the RTD section. You guys may want to repost your sheets there.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:15 pm »

You know you can move the thread, and not just repost it, right?

It moved after I clicked on it. Embarrassing.

You know this is space-discrimination, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:51 pm »

I'm in both threads! Yush!

Edit: Well, since you are a healer, you are probably going to be part of the first group.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:20:52 pm by Kevak »

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 03:55:57 pm »

Alright, this is the thread we'll be using. I don't know what to do about the other one, other than waiting for it to slink its way off of the front page, and for everyone to forget that I don't know how to move threads.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

You can lock the other one if it isn't locked, or delete it.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 05:59:52 pm »

That's four acceptable character sheets. Time to begin.

Part 1:
Turn 1:

The four conspirators meet in a crowded market-place. The plaza is crowded with ragged customers and dingy stands. Burlap is 21 bits per bolt. Cotton cloth is 47 bits. The price of cloth isn't discussed by the party of four. Secret words are exchanged and the party get a good look at each other. Strangers, meeting for the first time, determined to kill a god. Church bells ring, and the party march off to their first mission; get a ship.

They could try the nearby police-fort, or the junkyard. If they managed to scrounge up enough money, they might even be able to buy a ship from an old merchant. Most human space-merchants have been run out of business by the heavy 'undesirables' tax.

If all else fails they could seek guidance from the nearby underground-church. Clement has connections.

The Party:

Anyone who wants to join in should still post character sheets. We're probably going to need a waiting list for this game.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:36:24 pm by Slothman400 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 06:28:00 pm »

Why wasn't mine acceptable?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4