Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: We're Off to Kill the Space-Dragon!  (Read 2592 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: We're Off to Kill the Space-Dragon!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 04:09:08 am »

Erm smurf, you aren't part of the party I don't think. I'm pretty sure you are waitlisted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2014, 01:22:19 pm »

I'm off to join the waitlist!
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:57:27 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 02:23:52 pm »

(I'm not going to reply to ridiculous characters. You'll know you're on the wait-list when I update it.)

Turn 2:

The Party:

You make your way to the abandoned cathedral in Oldtown. Clement gives the guard the password, and you head into the catacombs.

You are lead into the priest's chambers. As you enter, you are all struck by a familiar scent. The room is full of smoke. The priest is sitting on a couch, grinning. He wears dreadlocks, and has a slight Jamaican accent. The priest stands up and greets you.

"So you need a ship? I'm just a humble servant of Almighty Jah, I can't help you there. But I can help you get a little bit of money, if you can help me. One of the church's oldest and most loyal brothers has been arrested. Now, I'm not asking you to storm the fort. The old Babylon wasn't toppled in a day, and neither will this one be. I'm just asking you to retrieve his... more holy belongings from his home. I will lend you all masks, to hide your faces from any police you might meet."

Will you go to the junkyard or the old man's home first? Will you split up?

The Party:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 03:16:02 pm »

I'm heading to the junkyard first, I want to upgrade my claws a bit. I'll head over to the geezer's house afterwards.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:49 pm »

His Holiness is visibly shaken by the appearance of his "brother", but is somehow able to hold back a frown. Except that Clement is frowning by default.

I am sure everyone here would be more than glad to retrieve artifacts of the church, and HE is sure to lead us in his own... mysterious ways.

( Yes, he did look at the priest while speaking the last few words. How did you know? )

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 04:08:23 pm »

Name: Kirby (no one knows his real name)Ravies.
Class: Trapmaster
Race: Round blue ball thing. Human
Description: Kirby is an experiment, who was created with the original Kirby as a base.
Upon completion, it was revealed that he was incapable of gaining superpowers by eating things. On the way to the Disposal Unit, Kirby escaped. He wants to kill Crystal Dragon Jesus because of the existence of the Disposal Unit. However, similarly to Kirby, he will eat just about anything. Anything.
He is what most would qualify as insane, although it's mostly the fact that his morals are entirely different to the ones of humans and even most aliens.
Ravies is the son of a police-turned-mafia boss. He wants to kill Crystal Dragon Jesus for the lols, and also due to the strange moral compass he possesses. This somehow involves someone stealing his noodles (no, you don't want to know). He I'd what is generally referred to as insane. He has black hair, and red eyes (yes, this is possible in real life).
Inventory: Metal Wire, god knows how many knifes, a short sword, 10 bombs.
Wait list plz.
Does this qualify?
Well? Does it? If not, tell me what I need to change.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »

I'm up for retrieving some artifacts.

remember whether the cops are aliens or humans. I'm guessing aliens, but I just want to be sure.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »

Humans are relegated to the lower ranks, and used for expendable cannon-fodder. Higher-ranking officers will be aliens.

The waiting list is updated. Blitz, there's not going to be much use for a trap-user in this game. Also, rebel cells usually don't recruit the mentally disturbed. I would let someone get away with that kind of character if they were to portray mental illness realistically. Your understanding of the thoughts and actions of the mentally ill looks to be "lol so random."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »

I'm slightly surprised that magic guy got on the waitlist while everything slightly more fitting did not.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »

I'm slightly surprised that magic guy got on the waitlist while everything slightly more fitting did not.
So am I. I must have mistook the genre, as I thought this was cyberpunk.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 10:46:33 pm »

You've never seen my character in the one magic girl game.

Future tech and magic girls mix very well.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 10:47:05 pm »

So am I. I must have mistook the genre, as I thought this was cyberpunk.

I think it is cyberpunk with magic.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:18 pm »

I thought I mentioned magic enough for everybody to notice. Yeah, there's magic. Sorry to anyone who wanted to be a wizard, but then decided to be a koala or a time lord.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2014, 03:50:00 am »

I suppose it depends. How much of a detour would it be to go to the junkyard first?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »

Is this still happening, or did it die?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4