Advanced search  

Poll

How did our ancestors treat dragons?

Kicked their Ass!
Argued with Them!
Ignored them!
Passively followed them to our DOOM

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Let's Protect Democracy from 'Ol EJ: King of Dragon Pass LP RING MEMBER VOTE!  (Read 7658 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Ok, I'm starting my Let's Play of King of Dragon Pass.  You can put the knife down, Blaze.

For those who don't know, I was recently gifted this game by Blaze in exchange for doing a Let's Play of it.

So, the goals of this LP are both to save my humble tribe and yours truly.  Course, I can still keep living even if my tribe goes kerplunk... :P

I've already decided unilaterally almost all the settings, but I have three choices for you, the readers and fellow tribesfolk!  And I'm totally not just soliciting reader input as a way to delay actually starting this LP!

1) How did our ancestors treat dragons?  Followed them like fools, Ignored them, Argued with them, Tried to kick their asses like fools

2) Earliest Famous Event.  Most events boost leader stats.  Since most skill tests compare to the leaders in our ring, assume that if you vote to boost leaders in something, it basically means we'll do better in those areas of the game.  Or we can support more crafters, which makes it easier to support more shrines and get the permanent blessings of more Dieties, which is also awesome.

Battle of Extinguished Field: leaders are above average in Combat
Hundred-Day Hunt: leaders are above average in Animals, Combat, and Plants
Jested's Settlement: leaders are above average in Bargaining.
Procession of the Animals: leaders are above average in Animals.
Barntar Harnessing the Oxen: leaders are above average in Plants.
Ernalda Visits the Hidden Place: leaders are above average in Magic.
Lhankor Mhy Learns to Use the Marking Bone: leaders are above average in Custom.
The First Pot: we can support more crafters than usual.
The Clan-making Dance: leaders are above average in Leadership.

Custom is basically the legal system of our people.  Oxen are wealth, so Animals is also good.  Everything else is more-or-less self explanatory, but feel free to ask questions.

3) Short or Long game.  Just as it sounds.  Short game means we need to form a tribe, rule it for 10 years, and perform three heroquests.  Long game means forming a tribe, a long-winded series of adventures and seven heroquests.  I'm only confident that I can finish the short game, but I'm certainly willing to try the long game if people want.  Losing is a completion also.   ;D

Summary of the game: Short version, without offending our tribesfolk, we're a bunch of barbarians trying to form a civilization from the ashes of the past.  It's not offensive because the game manual also describes the human inhabitants of Dragon Pass as being barbarians.  Oh, and we worship the God of Lightning, which is pretty awesome.
These LPs better showcase the awesome that is this game: here & here

And here is an empire we should seek to exceed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From The Show off your Empires Thread

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Keep 'Ol EJ from Dying: King of Dragon Pass LP
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:06:12 pm »

1) Ignored them
2) Ernalda Visits the Hidden Place
3) Long
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:12:28 pm »

1: Argued with them.

2: The first pot.

3: Long game
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 11:13:17 pm »

1) Argued with them (I have no idea what this does!)
2) Jested's Settlement (meaning EJ convincing Blaze to put the knives in someone else away)
3) Long (we can always quit halfway)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:43 pm »

Yay ninja followers!  Poll added on the dragon issue (I find polls on 7+ items rarely work out, and I'm not doing the long game for the anonymous masses).

I should probably point out that actually following the dragons is suppose to help in the long quest, but anyone who's gone through character creation would be leery of it...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:05 pm »

1)Argued with them
2)Hundred Day Hunt
3)Short
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:02 am »

ptw

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 02:32:36 pm »

1) Followed them
2) The First Pot
3) Short game

C0nfusedHaberdasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 02:13:29 am »

1) Ignored the dragons
2) Marking Bone
3) Long game

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 07:00:16 am »

Well, three way tie for Dragons, and I'd like a little more input on the Earliest Event (although I'm fine with First Pot).

I'll probably start this in a couple days, when things settle a bit.  And I have time, that too...

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 01:38:42 pm »

1: Ignored them.
2: Battle
3: Long.

In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »

1)Ignored
2)Hundred Day Hunt
3)Long
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:10 am »

Pot and Hunt are tied.  Tiebreaker anyone?

Oh, and did everyone that posted a dragon preference also vote in the poll?  If not, vote in the poll so all the votes are in one place.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 11:38:32 am »

Pot and Hunt are tied.  Tiebreaker anyone?

Oh, and did everyone that posted a dragon preference also vote in the poll?  If not, vote in the poll so all the votes are in one place.

Sure, switch my vote to Pot
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:26 pm »

Alright, game start incoming shortly!

It Begins!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enjoy all the pretty faces of our current tribal counsel, because that's the first thing we're changing once I allocate magic!
Remember, if you have an opinion on magic allocation, let me know.  I don't expect the next update till tomorrow, and that will probably be "Meet our nobles", where we set our starting ring.

How I plan to run this LP: This game has A LOT of decisions to be made, thus consultation on every one would be impossible if we want to finish this ever.  On the other hand, most decisions either need to made regularly (like allocating magic), or create an ongoing situation (you'll get the hang of this after seeing a couple events, and can see one now with the poor expected harvest).  So, community input on the overall situation can always be implemented.  If the community wants an action, even if I did the opposite, the game will more likely than not give an opportunity to make that action or similar action that the community wants.

It's hard to understand, but perhaps those who've played this game can comment as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3