Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's play CK2 Elder Kings conversion mod. Disabled Archmage Adventures!  (Read 13869 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

(x) More information DS! I want to know more about [insert topic]
What do you want more info on?
Is there an empire that we could form if we get enough land other than the Ruby Throne?  How much we gotta eat first?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Just a note. I accidentally lost the game before I could save it due to an unexpected power outage. Because many of the stuff in the game is randomly generated each time you begin a new game, I cannot make a exact duplicate of the available spouses stats and potential council members. As such there will be some differences from what I originally posted which I will edit into the latest update, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also as an good example of me not really going the intrigue route usually. I forgot to mention in the update that Donella is the Heir to the Barony of Shalgora, so if you married her and killed off the current Baron before he manages to get children, your children would inherit the barony. Just saying. Though it might be simpler to just revoke it.

(x) More information DS! I want to know more about [insert topic]
What do you want more info on?
Is there an empire that we could form if we get enough land other than the Ruby Throne?  How much we gotta eat first?
High Kingdoms

The High Kingdoms are entities superior to regular Kingdoms and inferior to Empires. They roughly cover the entirety of the 9 Provinces of Tamriel.

To acquire any High Kingdom you need to be over 18 years old, must not be at war, must have ruled for more than 5 years in your primary title, must not have "Autonomous Vassals" law, need 350 in wealth and 250 in prestige. Most importantly, you need any three kingdoms who share common De Jure borders.

High Rock

Daggerfall
    Evemore
    Jehenna
    Northpoint
    Wayrest
    Orsinium
    Camlorn

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empires

The Empires are entities superior to High Kingdoms.

To acquire any Empire you need to be over 18 years old, must not be at war, must have ruled for more than 10 years in your primary title, must not have "Autonomous Vassals" law, need 800 in wealth, 250 in prestige and 200 in piety. Most importantly, you need two specific High Kingdoms, one is obligatory and the second one you can generally choose from your neighbors.

Bretonnic Empire

Culture: Orsimer, Breton, Reachmen.
    Obligatory Kingdom: High Rock
    Optional Kingdoms: Skyrim or Hammerfell

Tamrielic Empire

Culture: Any.
    Obligatory Kingdom: Cyrodiil
    Optional Kingdoms: Any other two.
    Other Requirements: You must possess the Amulet of Kings, extra prestige, wealth and piety.

As to the ambition, we should go for piousness. We can get cool things later, but most importantly we get a sweet title.
I'm in favor of this after quickly satisfying the "get married" ambition (which by the way, gives us a boost in piety).  Primarily because we should totally be the most pious worshiper of Madness.
True enough. My primary concern with that is we have suitors which hate us, which means we could get stuck with the ambition unfulfilled in a timely manner.

Generally, suitors don't get a say on who they marry.  It's the ruler of the suitor who decides, generally speaking.  The only real risk with the briton women is rejection due to wrong religion.  If they both reject us, the orc girl is likely to accept due to matching religions.  Also, in any game of Crusader Kings II, there are always more women than the default bridefinder spits out, so there are probably more than three possible brides in any case.  Search women unmarried adult same religion or ditto but same culture instead of same religion, and just keep asking till someone says "yes".

Cheesy method of guaranteed success: Propose marriage, then set up ambition "get married".  Getting married to non-courtiers takes a few days, so the ambition will activate prior to the marriage.  If all else fails, just spend the gold on a female courtier (dunno the dialog in this mod) and force her to marry you (courtiers don't get to refuse marriages within your own court, even especially to the tyrant lord of the realm).
All the other bretons don't want to marry the infidel.
Pages: 1 [2]