Advanced search  

Poll

How did our ancestors treat dragons?

Kicked their Ass!
Argued with Them!
Ignored them!
Passively followed them to our DOOM

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's Protect Democracy from 'Ol EJ: King of Dragon Pass LP RING MEMBER VOTE!  (Read 7700 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Protect 'Ol EJ from Severe Pain: King of Dragon Pass LP
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

All magic into DeathKillMurder One point in War.
Max herds.
Forget Children.
Crops will suck regardless so no voodoo there.
Throw a point in mysteries for sacrifices during dark season.
Throw a point into trade so we can trade for food.
Throw one point into whatever.
One in reserve.

It's a shame we can't get Heroism until we start a tribe.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Protect 'Ol EJ from Severe Pain: King of Dragon Pass LP
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 04:09:37 pm »

Update for first year incoming!
And everyone will see exactly why I can't stop the LP to ask on every event...
Have to sort through 50+ screenshots first.  EDIT: I reduced it to 40, but it's still going to be a long update.
Although I was previously content to keep our starting ring of counselors, I've been very unhappy with their advice in the several events we've faced and in general.

So they're going to be replaced.  Everyone prepare your candidates!
As for me:
I'm fond of our leader, he's young with excellent leadership skill.
Instiric is cute, so I'm partial to keeping her, regardless of her mediocre skills.
Our Trickster, bless his soul, has perhaps been giving me the best advice, so let's keep the 'Ol Devil.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tired, so I'll let the images do the talking.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Bad things! Lots of bad things! >:(
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang, we started out feuding with two nearby clans? Making up with at least one of them should be a priority.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

We need to either increase the amount of pastureland or lower the amount of cattle we have,
Trade the excess cattle for food, it's much better than slaughtering them.
See if we can get plowsong (Barntar) in order to make up for the lack of adult bulls.
We should try to get at least 10-12 weaponthanes.
Build a watchtower ASAP.
Depending on how the future crop outlook is, more wheat results in a better yield but can fail more easily; rye is the opposite; barley is between the two. Might be worth throwing a point of magic in crops.

Is it just me or does the game start you off with a annoyingly high amount of chaos on your lands right from the beginning?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The pics don't make it clear, but we build a watchtower in harvest season.  Always listen to the trickster!

I couldn't agree more on getting 12 weaponthanes.  I feel that is the optimal number.

Dang, we started out feuding with two nearby clans? Making up with at least one of them should be a priority.
Heh, it would have been three without the quick thinking of yours truly. 
If anyone has certain events they'd like to sound off on responses, put it in spoilers and I'll try to remember if/when it comes up.

Also, looking ahead, we've got two events incoming:
1) Lady seeks vengeance for those who died in the last raid.  From experience, we can talk her into forgiving the whole thing and ending the event chain, which is what I'll be doing unless people want otherwise.  Note that she wants war while we're suppose to be planting crops...
2) We encounter the Duckmen.  From what I've read, we're best off making friends with them, as we can get a gameover by mistreating the beastfolk too badly.  But if we want to grab what we can, we can either seek tribute, go to war, or make such a demand that war is imminent.  While the local Duckmen are our equals, their "friends" can slaughter us if we mistreat the local ducks.

Also need magic allocations (I think it's the same as before as I didn't change the ring, although our trader being out of town may have reduced our trade magic [currently max is one]) and new ring member nominees!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I realize that 90% of everything is crap, and this LP is almost certainly crap.  However, I have a debt to pay, and I'm the type of person that always pays his debts.

So crap incoming, update time!!!

Choose your ring!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I think keep it as is for the most part, but replace Insterid with Ernaldinni and Derik with Randella.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Be nice to the ducks, they make good friends.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 2 [3]