Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Racial Metals and Simplified Military (WIP)  (Read 913 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Metals and Simplified Military (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 08:25:08 pm »

Can I make a suit of armor that occupies the entire body?

You can make an armor that covers several body parts (i.e. robes, cloaks, greaves, etc.). However, even if shaped it will not prevent the equipping of armor in the other equipment "slots" on other body parts. Furthermore, not having items equipped on certain body parts will currently lead to bad thoughts and unhappiness regarding being naked. Also, some body parts can not be covered in this manner (hands/feet IIRC?) and require their own armor items.

hmm... that might present a problem.

As it stands, the idea is to allow for clothing to still be worn under the armor, so bad thoughts should not be an issue.

As for hands and feet, didn't the fallout mod do full body armor with the power armor?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 10:26:52 pm »

Also, some body parts can not be covered in this manner (hands/feet IIRC?) and require their own armor items.
As for hands and feet, didn't the fallout mod do full body armor with the power armor?

Still can't cover hands, feet, or heads. Even if you set the UB and LB steps to max, it is not possible to protect those areas with body armour.

Though due to a bug it will cover fingers, toes, and facial features.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 09:08:26 am »

Also, some body parts can not be covered in this manner (hands/feet IIRC?) and require their own armor items.

Still can't cover hands, feet, or heads. Even if you set the UB and LB steps to max, it is not possible to protect those areas with body armour.

Though due to a bug it will cover fingers, toes, and facial features.

Well, I'll do what I can. At least I can eliminate the need for greaves and leggings.

Edit: Not much point actually, after reviewing the actual coverage that different armor provides.

Also, powerfingers would be awesome.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:34:01 am by moghopper »
Pages: 1 [2]