Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: -  (Read 5313 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Dox me ($5 per dox)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 07:05:35 pm »

By the way, it's not random Internet users or the NSA I'm bothered by the idea of - they can pizza houses all they want, who gives a shit? It's more about future family. I'd prefer to have an online identity that can be "burned" to all but the most tech savvy. No one except the most creepy persons wants to stumble across a random link to all the stupid shit their husband or wife, much less their kids or parents, did as a dumb teen.
Eh, not really. Thing is, it's that mundane day to day activity that lets you know who a person really is. There comes a time in most peoples' lives where they are searching for a feeling of kinship; they start putting together family trees and hunting down old stories of their ancestor's activities, especially those they never had a chance to know personally. Would you want your kids reading it? Maybe not. But your grandkids? Or great grandkids? I dunno, I think I would want them to have something to find in the archives of The Old Internet from just after the dawn of the Age of the Electric Computer.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »

By the way, it's not random Internet users or the NSA I'm bothered by the idea of - they can pizza houses all they want, who gives a shit? It's more about future family. I'd prefer to have an online identity that can be "burned" to all but the most tech savvy. No one except the most creepy persons wants to stumble across a random link to all the stupid shit their husband or wife, much less their kids or parents, did as a dumb teen.
Eh, not really. Thing is, it's that mundane day to day activity that lets you know who a person really is. There comes a time in most peoples' lives where they are searching for a feeling of kinship; they start putting together family trees and hunting down old stories of their ancestor's activities, especially those they never had a chance to know personally. Would you want your kids reading it? Maybe not. But your grandkids? Or great grandkids? I dunno, I think I would want them to have something to find in the archives of The Old Internet from just after the dawn of the Age of the Electric Computer.

That may be true for you, yes. It definitely becomes more desirable when you never knew the person (I would be uninterested in reading about my great-grandparents because I know most of them were horrible, for example, but what about THEIR parents)? etc. But one data casualty is no prob in the grand scheme.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:09:46 pm by freeformschooler »

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 12:34:39 am »

I have dozens of pictures of you. I even know your phone number. I could easily post them here if I wanted. So where's my ransom reward?
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 07:41:17 am »

Friends don't get money, apples. Friendship is the best reward evah anyways.
Pages: 1 2 [3]