Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Judging Interest: RL human civs in DF. (major mod project)  (Read 2061 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Judging Interest: RL human civs in DF. (major mod project)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 10:45:41 am »

Deon, you scare me. Why is there a Warhammer Chaos star and the words of khorne? Are you doing a Warhammer mod? ^^

And yeah, I am freezing my ass of atm, hiding from a thunderstorm in Spain. No modding till mid june or so. ;)

And I assume you mean creature sprites, and not tilesets for the humans ;)
Nope, I am just reworking the production chains and adding new creatures to my Fallout mod currently.

And of course I meant creature tiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 10:41:46 pm »

i would like to suggest that instead of basing the sotherners  noble structure of the late roman republic rather then the empire. I would be willing to give it a go my self. i would need to do some tests on how world gen and the game in general handles elected postions but i have ideas of how to handle this  except for pro-consuls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 08:50:33 am »

Sounds good and fits the Df timeline better. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 03:06:05 pm »

I would like to see Roman empire mod, either during the republic or the empire. Bunch of nobles: consul, senator, questor, censor etc
Maybe even with all names and items in Latin.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »

I already have a latin language file prepared. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »

If you're going for a more historical approach I don't think English should be the westerner language since English was the Saxon language before the 12th century were it was the language of the common people, the language of the noble was Latin then it became French, and don't when English become the court language of England since the king of England viewed himself as duke of Normandy before king of England.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »

If you're going for a more historical approach I don't think English should be the westerner language since English was the Saxon language before the 12th century were it was the language of the common people, the language of the noble was Latin then it became French, and don't when English become the court language of England since the king of England viewed himself as duke of Normandy before king of England.

the Latin language is for the southerners(Romans) not the generic westerners. furthermore English was only spoken by English commoners and at the time England was a bit of a backwater. since early Anglo Saxon language more similar to its Germanic rout language then modern english  and allot of the action in  the period happened in central Europe maby we should use something more Germanic then modern English

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 05:59:56 am »

I thought about English (West), Finnish (North), Arabic (East) and Latin (South).

14th century is the time we are aiming at. Obviously it would be more correct to use archaic versions of these languages, but I wont go through that much trouble. If someone else wants to do some ye' olde english, I would gladly use it, but I will be busy with modding workshops and reactions. ;)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:06 am »

I thought about English (West), Finnish (North), Arabic (East) and Latin (South).

14th century is the time we are aiming at. Obviously it would be more correct to use archaic versions of these languages, but I wont go through that much trouble. If someone else wants to do some ye' olde english, I would gladly use it, but I will be busy with modding workshops and reactions. ;)

himm... iv been messing about with 1st century bc nobles so a bit out of the timeline.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 10:44:16 am »

Toady One said that DF has only tech till the 14th century... So newer stuff is out, but I dont see a peoblem with older things... after all, some people suggested Egyptians.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »

cool does anybody know how to trigger the kings arrival easily?
edit:
also i was thinking of having the landholder stagers.
baron - military outpost ~ not sure on the exact details but your baron equivilint will also be head of the military.
count - province governed by propraetor ~ more civil administration propraetor still head of military
duke - governed by proconsul ~ similar to above but more lavish

king level ~ full blown republican government
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:57:25 pm by sackhead »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 06:08:39 am »

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 01:24:32 pm »

Aren't there already cultures?

I'm pretty sure that sometimes all the humans in my sieges have turbans and sandals and scimitars and giant killer cheetahs, and other times they're riding horses and have tunics and braieses and halberds
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

It would be nifty if (possibly only trader) humans could trade for the religious texts of other cultures and do their prayers and such. Also, humans as a whole should probably have higher endurance than most other races, probably higher than they currently do. The whole developing as a race that hunts by following things around till they die of exhaustion will do that to us.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 07:21:24 pm »

It would be nifty if (possibly only trader) humans could trade for the religious texts of other cultures and do their prayers and such.
*eyebrow raise?*
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3