Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurers as Historical Figures  (Read 1758 times)

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
Adventurers as Historical Figures
« on: April 20, 2014, 12:45:18 pm »

I was wondering: how much do retired adventurers interact with the world? Can they do stuff like have families or migrate or get killed by random events? If the just sit there, what happens if the town they're in gets wiped out?
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers as Historical Figures
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »

Currently, history does not progress at all after world creation.
This will change in the next update.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:58:42 pm »

Once, I save-scummed to become an extremely successful adventurer, so my name came up a lot in "Surroundings" and fortress mode dwarfs would sometimes make statues and engravings of my adventurer.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »

The only way the town would get wiped out is through your actions.  Same applies for everyone in the current version, they just stand around waiting to be killed by you.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:57:30 am »

Huh, didn't know that. So, how much of this is supposed to change next update?
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

Punching Bag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:36:44 pm »

It's never happened to me before (despite my best efforts), but I think that in the current version your adventure mode dorfs can migrate to your forts.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 01:46:47 am »

It's never happened to me before (despite my best efforts), but I think that in the current version your adventure mode dorfs can migrate to your forts.
Yes, they can, if you retire them in spot belonging to your own fraction. Do you see my point? You can't retire in dwarves spots without moding. :)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 01:52:21 am »

Yes, they can, if you retire them in spot belonging to your own fraction. Do you see my point? You can't retire in dwarves spots without moding. :)

Yes you can. The mountainhomes might not physically exist, but the sites are technically still there. You can still retire in the empty territory.

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:39:05 am »

When is Toady going to be adding back the mountainhomes and gobbo fortresses? The whole empty field keeps getting me sent on endless quests to nowhere.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »

When is Toady going to be adding back the mountainhomes and gobbo fortresses? The whole empty field keeps getting me sent on endless quests to nowhere.

The next version will have them.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 03:32:16 pm »

Gonna admit, when I read the title I thought this would be about dwarf Abraham Lincoln adventurer, or elven Adolph Hitler adventurer, etc.

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 07:56:22 am »

Gonna admit, when I read the title I thought this would be about dwarf Abraham Lincoln adventurer, or elven Adolph Hitler adventurer, etc.

Oh my everliving Lord this needs to be done.
A Hitler-dorf with a custom-built concentration camp in Fortress mode.
This needs to happen immediately.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:25 am »

"The arrow strikes Adolf Hitler in the head, but glances off the mustache!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »

Oh my everliving Lord this needs to be done.
A Hitler-dorf with a custom-built concentration camp in Fortress mode.
This needs to happen immediately.

Youll need to mod in a custom mustache just for him.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 12:15:42 pm »

Have an Abraham Lincoln adventurer stab Adelf Hitler (u c wot i did ther) in the pancreas.
Pages: [1] 2