Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Guide  (Read 13898 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Guide
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 03:21:28 pm »

The other reason I like being a vampire is the no eat/drink/sleep. I never have to stop for anything, ever. BTW, did you know that even beyond Very Drowsy is Slumberous/Slumberous? I've seen it on my companions when I don't stop for sleep breaks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:20:40 pm by TheFlame52 »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »

The same goes for necromancer, by the way.

Sleep deprivation is one of the main problems when running through an enemy territory (alone/with group). At Drowsy, combat gets hard even for a legendary warriors, they start missing and leaving opportunities for the enemy blows. Very Drowsy? Welcome to the lands of hardcore. Even peasant can (and probably will) get a good hit on you now.

Thanks for the research info. I never seen such deprivation level in my games.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 10:06:14 am »

- You can use a well by using the 'activate' button. (think it was 'T'). It draws the bucket up towards you, allowing you to drink and put said water solution in waterskins.

- Becoming a vampire halts stat gain forever. Abilities such as competencies can still be enhanced.

- Always bring with you at least Novice-level Reader skills. You will want to read the slabs you find at the towers, unless you're roleplaying as a barbarian seeking to find the slab to kill zombies with (it looks funny in legends mode).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 10:35:31 am »

Activate is 'u'.

Being a vampire, while it probably should, does not halt stat gain. I know from experience that you can still gain stats after becoming a vampire, as I have gone from Superior to Superhuman stats while a vampire.

ALWAYS PUT NOVICE IN READER SKILL OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 10:47:47 am »

Activate is 'u'.

Being a vampire, while it probably should, does not halt stat gain. I know from experience that you can still gain stats after becoming a vampire, as I have gone from Superior to Superhuman stats while a vampire.

Perhaps it was the initial boost taking effect? It is in the raws itself that it shouldn't enhance. For the record, it doesn't rust either.

[CE_ADD_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:
PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 11:34:00 am »

1. I accidentally became a vampire by drinking blood off my clothing.
2. When I realized something was fishy, I looked at my stats. I had Superior Strength.
3. Several days later I looked at my stats again. I had Superhuman Strength.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »

Activate is 'u'.

Perhaps it was the initial boost taking effect? It is in the raws itself that it shouldn't enhance. For the record, it doesn't rust either.

[CE_ADD_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:
PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]

Intended effects don't take place for some unknown reasons and you can still powerlevel after becoming undead. Perhaps, skills work just as intended, but our view of them is misleading.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3]