Yes. How can I help?
- 7 (58.3%)
No.
- 4 (33.3%)
Only under somebody else's GM'ing.
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 192

Author Topic: Re: Cheesistan: Cliffhanger Ending! Find out what happens next in Cheeistan Z!  (Read 250016 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesistan: Poll to Enable my Procrastination Addiction!
« Reply #2175 on: June 06, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

((Pretty much completely off topic but I've got Wii U collecting dust just waiting to get a decent console exclusive game to come along,ahhh Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was a good game,but apparently Monster Hunter 4 is on the 3DS only,I don't want to see exposed pixels in 3D! I want you lot to improve on your graphics before shoving them in our face in 3D,2DS should'a came earlier.))
(( A: Wii U is the stupidest thing ever. And I'm ultramad that they don't have Earthbound for the 3ds. B: I thought the 2ds was worse. ))

((Will U probably is,but I got a lot of entertainment out of it when I figured out I could exclusively play Monster Hunter on my game pad with no need for the TV screen,constantly forget that's not how most Wii U games operate,but exclusive play on the game pad is pretty good because it combines the convience of a portable (though it's more like what you get when a Ipad and a controller have babies.) and the power of a console.))
((See... That's what it *should* be though. Just a portable console that you put the games directly into. Not this weird, super expensive hybrid of a barely upgraded Wii and a Tablet. You can be portable or you can be a console. You should NOT be both. And the fact that games I really want to play on the Wii U and are exclusive to it are not justification enough to shell out 500$ for something that's weaker than a PS4 and just plain weirdly set up. I mean what games do I want to play for it anyway? I can think of literally just two: Earthbound and HD Windwaker. And guess what? IT WOULD BE CHEAPER TO BUY THE ORIGINAL GAMES AND CONSOLES THAN A WII U! Sorry for the caps lock abuse there. But think about the implications of that. I could buy a Super Nintendo with controllers ( or borrow my friends' ) and buy several amazing games including the outrageously expensive one for less than a Wii U. Let me double check to make sure this is still accurate with all the drastic price cuts they had to do with marketing the Wii U in an incredibly stupid way. Yep, even at its new price I can still afford the originals, which are collectibles and get it cheaper than buying a Wii U. I don't know... it really seems like Nintendo is grasping at straws. ))

(( But hey, that's just me. Some people think it's cool to buy a Wii that doesn't have backwards compatibility and requires you to use this big bulky tablet that, while required for over 4/5 of the games, only plays like 1/3 remotely. Plus that, me and tablets don't get along. I inevitably break every tablet I have and I don't want to render my console useless just because I broke the fancy, over-priced, REQUIRED accessory. If it weren't *required* and if it functioned as a true portable console, I would say that the Wii U Game pad was a stroke of brilliance! But it is and it does and so it ruins both. It should've been tandem consoles. Not one weird hybrid thing. Also wouldn't have hurt if the Wii U base was comparable to the Ps4 and Xbone in terms of hardware specs.))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:46:00 am by CaptainMcClellan »

blazing glory

« Reply #2176 on: June 06, 2014, 10:02:37 am »

Eh,for some reason Nintendo really doesn't want controllers so they come up with wacky stuff,I'd take a game pad over a Wii remote any day,anyway I never really was exposed to other consoles when I was young (seeing how I'm 13 I mean young as in 6-10,I did a lot of growing up in 3 years.)so I wouldn't know if the other consoles are better or not,anyway I'm fine with the combination of portable and console,means I can lounge about on my chair without worrying about connectivity or wires,and I can get decent games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 06, 2014, 10:23:02 am »

((CMC, why is Donkey Kong 64 not a choice?))

Superbaby: Develop the Kaiokenx9000000001

Me: Legendary Super Saiyan, dammit!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:52 am »

Eh,for some reason Nintendo really doesn't want controllers so they come up with wacky stuff,I'd take a game pad over a Wii remote any day,anyway I never really was exposed to other consoles when I was young (seeing how I'm 13 I mean young as in 6-10,I did a lot of growing up in 3 years.)so I wouldn't know if the other consoles are better or not,anyway I'm fine with the combination of portable and console,means I can lounge about on my chair without worrying about connectivity or wires,and I can get decent games.
Mmhmm. Since you have one... GET EARTHBOUND. Assuming they didn't screw anything up for the rerelease, you will regard it as an excellent purchase. Well worth the 10$. I don't know if you can play it on the pad, but even still... you'll want to play for hours. You'll also find yourself getting more and more of the references I throw into this game. ( Keep in mind that this is a game that is so good original carts sell for between 150-180$. If you find one with the box and original strategy guide, be prepared to pay 600-1000$. AND EVERYONE AGREES IT'S WORTH THAT MUCH. Well, maybe not now that Nintendo stopped screwing EB fans... partially. The English release of the first game in the series is the holy grail of video gaming, by the way. STILL unreleased on the Virtual Console, there exists only one known cartridge in existence of Earth Bound. (With the space, the space is a vital point as it's the only distinction between the first two titles. ) Fortunately for us, it fell into the hands of fans of the game who released the ROM. ) If I haven't sold you on that pitch alone, I'm not doing it right and I can and gladly will derail this thread to give a four-page review of all the reasons I like Earthbound and an in-depth analysis of all the successes and faults. Or you could always throw a rubber chicken at me and tell me to shut up. Either way.

Also... thanks for making me feel old. >.< I grew up play a Link to the Past. When I was 3 I actually wet myself because I didn't want to stop playing... so it's safe to say I've always been a video game nerd. ( Keep in mind I was only barely out of pull-ups and already playing games with PLOT LINES. I learned to read before I learned to speak. ) And I've got to tell you, don't be one of those kids who throws away the old consoles and games because of all the new ones. You will miss SO MUCH. And if you ever have the opportunity, don't play it on Virtual Console! Most of the masterpieces worked splendorously with their original consoles. And they don't require the awkward bulkiness of the Game Pad.

( I don't know what's up with Nintendo and controllers either. It's mind boggling. )

(( I was listing games I started and never finished, but as it turns out, that is one of them that I had forgotten about, so I'm going to add it to the poll. ))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 06, 2014, 11:30:32 am »

Did someone say Harvest Moon? Hm. I likes me some harvest moon, though, honestly, some of the older and newer ones get on my nerves because dang it you need to have more to say like they did in Rune Factory, the third one, because it made the characters seem more real! Although the main character of the third one... I despise. Uh, which Harvest Moon are you going to be playing? There's a glitch for one of the DS ones - I forget which - which gives you, basically, infinite money... Anywho! My main gripe is that for some of the newer ones they either dropped the event system or made the requirements ridiculously stupid.

That reminds me, I have enough for a 3DS now. Ooooh, I can buy one and get A New Beginning! Hooray Witch Princess that actually looks good for once! Yaaaaay!
Take a closer look at this text!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 06, 2014, 11:39:55 am »

Did someone say Harvest Moon? Hm. I likes me some harvest moon, though, honestly, some of the older and newer ones get on my nerves because dang it you need to have more to say like they did in Rune Factory, the third one, because it made the characters seem more real! Although the main character of the third one... I despise. Uh, which Harvest Moon are you going to be playing? There's a glitch for one of the DS ones - I forget which - which gives you, basically, infinite money... Anywho! My main gripe is that for some of the newer ones they either dropped the event system or made the requirements ridiculously stupid.

That reminds me, I have enough for a 3DS now. Ooooh, I can buy one and get A New Beginning! Hooray Witch Princess that actually looks good for once! Yaaaaay!
HARVEST MOON. THE HARVEST MOON. ( Or if you prefer, Harvest Moon I ) It's the one I've actually played into. And I actually like it best because I find its soundtrack to be generally the most memorable without being frustratingly annoying like some Harvest Moon games. The one thing I miss from the newer ones is the music distorting as you reached exhaustion. The thing I miss from the old one though is the distinctive graphics style, the surprisingly detailed characters ( for a SNES prototype of a new subgenre ), the HUGE farms and the actual goals and deadlines and such. ( Though on the last count, I may be thinking of the GB version actually. ) I never really felt like you were working toward anything with the newer Harvest Moons, just building the biggest and richest farm. In the original ( or maybe its the GB version? ) you can actually lose your farm. Not to mention they were slightly less like grids and just had more charm to them. I dunno. Plus I'm just a sucker for SNES games. Don't get me wrong, the new ones are fun too, but they feel far less epic and... fantasy-esque? I mean, I played and on occasion still play the crap out of "Friends of Mineral Town", but to me THE Harvest Moon will be the good ol' original.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 06, 2014, 03:00:46 pm »

WHERE IS I WANNA BE THE GUY?

IWBTG

Very, very challenging.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 06, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

SEE IF A COUP OF THE CHEESISTAN GOVERNMENT IS FEESABLE

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:31 pm »

WHERE IS I WANNA BE THE GUY?

IWBTG

Very, very challenging.
This is NOT a list of great games I SHOULD play. This is a list of games that I STARTED but never FINISHED. I have never started IWBTG, though I'm well aware of its existence. Likewise, I want to play The World Ends With You, Portal 1 & 2, Team Fortress 2, Ogre Battle, and several other games that I just plain can't right now. Exclusion from this list is not error or dissing the game by omission, it merely means I haven't even got to touch Game X yet. This poll is to see which game I should FINISH right NOW. I intend to finish them all in time.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 06, 2014, 03:53:24 pm »

(Basically just read the last turn I rolled for, no time anymore. Fill me in on Monday/Tuesday, when I finally have free time again.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 06, 2014, 03:57:41 pm »

((Just saying, you really should play The World Ends With You when you get a chance. It's quite fun.))

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:46 pm »

(Basically just read the last turn I rolled for, no time anymore. Fill me in on Monday/Tuesday, when I finally have free time again.)
Will do, having to do the same for Tune of Dwarves.
((Just saying, you really should play The World Ends With You when you get a chance. It's quite fun.))
(( No kidding right? The premise is great, the gameplay sounds entertaining, and it has that "not-quite popular" that all of the best games share. Plus ever sense seeing Neku in Dream Drop Distance I've been interested and those who have played have told me many good things about it. ( No spoilers please! ) ))

Cynderbark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 06, 2014, 04:37:53 pm »

Cynderbark enters Cheesistan

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 06, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »

(("Psst! Hey! Stick with me, kid! Wouldn't want you to get caught up with some of these weird types, you know? Keheheheheh."

New player, yay.))

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesistan: Arena Victor: Equius!
« Reply #2189 on: June 06, 2014, 04:59:38 pm »

"Yeah, I got it. It would be wrong to do that in the library. Mind helping me look for books?"

Lyeos:Search for poetry books.

Mitzi: What are you talking about? Lyeos is intending to turn this into an awkward love-triangle thing. Plan the date.
[8]You find them, you accidentally knock over the shelves they're in.
[4]You plan a date, but there's something wrong with the plan. You can't for the life of you figure out what it is.
Marchioness: "You klutz!"
((So now I'm sex-repulsed asexual AND aromantic AND apathetic?))

Take control of the hentai weaponisation program.

Reactivate the railguns.

[1]Nope! And for trying to take control of a military weapons program, you get yourself court-martialed.
[4]You click on the railguns but have no way to aim them or fire them from where you are.
Smack Giegue's head. "Don't you have any respect for your elders."
Give Maria some random aspirin that i had in my pocket.

((The spies look like males that's how they hide they really look like traps but through the power of reasons they can change their forms between trap and normal male.)) ((Just assume that Prophet the character is older then Giegue kinda like how Mitzi is thousands of years old.))
[8]He growls and bites you. "Elder!? Respect!? YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!"
[5]You slip her the pill but Giegue notices.

"What is that?" he demands to know.
"Yeah, I got it. It would be wrong to do that in the library. Mind helping me look for books?"

"Alright, I'll help."

Search shelves
[2]Shelves knocked over. Can't pick anything up.
MAKE it work that way.

Start devouring everything.

[4]PHYSICS.
[4]You devour everything within reach.
Hai Equius! Welcome to the fleet. Just find something to occupy yourself with I guess, Sollux is around here somewhere.. I think. There are random parts scattered around if you want to build something, if you can't find something you want, then ask me, I can probably manifest it.

Leave Equius to his own devices and attempt to find where Sollux wandered off to.

Tell the shipyards to build randomly designed ships.

[7]He upgrades your robots, fine-tunes your engines, and does other useful things. Sollux is on the bridge of your ship, hacking into one of the terminals.
[7]Fortunately, they don't follow your orders exactly as you gave them, instead producing a variety of finely crafted vessels suited for many purposes.

Superbaby: Develop the Kaiokenx9000000001

Me: Legendary Super Saiyan, dammit!

[6]KAIOKEN! ( Ok, the logic of that is just... )
[3]NO!!!
SEE IF A COUP OF THE CHEESISTAN GOVERNMENT IS FEESABLE
[8]TREASONOUS DOG! * You are now an enemy of the state *
[3]Your flight gets delayed on the layover.
Quote from: CMC
CaptainMcClellan: Relax with some sort of beverage and an armchair

Giegue: Jump to conclusions and overreact.

Maria: Take it in good faith.
[8]I relax so much that I end up falling asleep and spilling beverage all over my shirt. Even worse, I left my office door open, so I look super inept.
[5]You accuse Prophet of attempting to poision Maria.
[6]You swallow the pill. It doesn't kill you at least. ( It hasn't had time to help with the pain. )
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 192