Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread  (Read 26038 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:52:56 am »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
nothing here yet!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:44:25 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:03:24 am »

~~Prologue: The Departure~~

It has been done. The building that once contained Descartes Trading Company have been sold. That act alone have paid off half of the debt. But the debts were still high...

Julian finished his calculations and grimaced. Even if he sold their last ship, 'Rosa Azul', the debt would still be at least thirty-one thousand coins high, if not more. He decided to include the selling of the ship on the last minute. The supply and the savings to equip his mercenaries, seven thousand. All in all...

"There's no other way... I will have to play merchant while searching for my sister." He muttered to himself and then left the office, taking one last glance. When he was young, he played in the corner whilst his uncle scribbled in the ledgers. When he was a teen, his uncle taught him things. And introduced his two aides to him. This was last time he could see this office.

"Captain, Dustine." He nodded to the two people waiting near the other room.

"I believe our mercenaries are downstairs? Have any decided to leave after I disbanded the company today?"

//Dustine and Captain Garshlow are in!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:08:50 am »

Dustine shrugged.

"We've got five still sticking around. It makes sense some of 'em would run out but the fact that five stuck around is nice. Should be good enough for most situations."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:41:36 am by Swordstar »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:30:03 am »

"Phew... I was worried it might be less. With eight of us, such small caravel as Rosa Azul shouldn't be hard to handle. Oh, yes, Dustine, I hope you will be happy. I've decided to make you my, err, financial advisor... I was unable to find uncle's ledger. I only have the list of supplies and financial situation, dated last week. The warehouse's contents are described there as well. We should move the barrels and crates onto the remaining ship. Seems that the last batch of goods my uncle procured were foodstuffs and cloth."

"Captain, it is only natural that I will post you at the steering wheel of our humble ship. That, and in case of aboardage, I would be pleased if you could command the group around. You seem to have natural talent for that." Then, he passed the company book to Dustine, keeping his hands on the book for a moment.

"Do not lose it, please."

Spoiler: Company Book (click to show/hide)

//This is the only moment book is available for viewing! Keeping record of financial situation is now in your hands, peeps!

Then Julian took a deep breath and went downstairs, to the main hall, waving at his two 'aides' to follow him. It was there where his mercenaries were seated or standing, waiting for their new boss to give orders.

"Five." He nodded, staring for a moment at each face.

"Five will do. I reckon you're that Razajab who wants to get home?"

//Selina Dens, Dany Jaeger, Janus Josgar, Esori Oathtower, Ayleen Hayes are in!
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:52:52 am »

Dustine raised an eyebrow and then nodded to her boss. Taking the supply book, she checked it out as they walked down to the main hall. The debt was worse than she had suspected and the wares were worse. Ugh, we're supposed to fix this debt with some food and wool? This will be... interesting. Hopefully we find some sources for more lucrative supplies.

When the hit the main hall, she glanced up at the mercenaries and took them in again. She'd already checked them out when finding out how many had stayed but a second look never hurt.

"Sir. I'll keep the logbook with me and keep it updated of course. If you, or any others of you for that matter, ever want an updated report on our situation, just let me know."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:29:54 am »

Esori met his employer's gaze calmly; he'd watched several other mercenaries simply walk out the door upon hearing the news, but Esori didn't mind the situation at all. Travelling with a small group was exactly what he signed up for. He wears his leather under-armor, with his wing plates in his bag.

"It's mostly food and cloth, right? Do we know where we're going to sell it?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:38:27 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:08 am »

"Five will do. I reckon you're that Razajab who wants to get home?"
"Yes, though not yet. There are certain... circumstances I require before I finally go back."

Esori met his employer's gaze calmly; he'd watched several other mercenaries simply walk out the door upon hearing the news, but Esori didn't mind the situation at all. Travelling with a small group was exactly what he signed up for. He wears his leather under-armor, with his wing plates in his bag.

"It's mostly food and cloth, right? Do we know where we're going to sell it?"
"Wherever there might be war or disaster, flyboy. It might be distasteful, but such things are in far higher demand, and thus price, in such areas. I am sure our employer has already considered such trivialities."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 11:53:00 am »

"My first goal takes me to the isle of Xios. From what I managed to gather, the slaver ship that captured my sister operated from there. Which means a slave market is there. I'm going to find and... talk with the market owner and see if he remembers anything. He better do." A grimace twisted Julian's face.

"However, on the way west, the course will be plotted by me and Captain Garshlow and Dustine. There's a debt we have to pay, and we can trade along the way there. Maybe we should check with local market keeper."
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »

Dustine nodded, thinking out loud slightly.

"Hmm, yeah, market keeper might have some idea. Might also want to check with some of the other merchants who've been traveling recently. Find out where's safe, where's likely to get hit by pirates, that sorta thing."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 03:13:38 pm »

"Yes, please do that, Dustine. You're free to procure whatever supplies and goods you might think will be useful or profitable to sell. And for you, Captain, please take the mercenaries and move the supplies from the warehouse onto Rosa Azul. The docks aren't far. We will be leaving Ren in few hours." He handed the warehouse key to the burly pirate.

"Wait, you... Esori, right? Please accompany miss Dustine. I would rather... not leave a lady with box full of coins and golden rods alone on the streets."
SigFlags!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 03:20:00 pm »

Selina finally speaks up, having been silent for some time.

"The food will go quick on an island, not much in variety on most so it'll be a nice change of diet most likely. The Wool will be... difficult, on an island. Linen would be better, but we might get a good price."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

Dustine nodded to Julian though frowned slightly when he sent along a bodyguard.

"I can take care of myself you know. All it usually takes is a single bolt of lightning and thugs go running. But... I won't say he can't come. Suppose I can just have him carry whatever supplies we might buy."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 03:27:07 pm »

"I can go if its the much of an issue. At the very least I could advise you on what would sell quickly."
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 03:34:07 pm »

Dustine raised an eyebrow at the girl and shook her head.

"There's a reason I've been put in charge of this part. I've been working with this company for years and have been trained in this sort of thing. And, no offense, but I suspect the other merchants who've just returned from traveling will have a better idea than you about what will sell well. Unless you have knowledge of the current political, economical, and social situations of all the places we might visit...? I'm not saying you can't come, but if the point is for protection, I'll be better served with a male companion. And as I said, I can always make him carry the equipment. No offense, but I'm fairly certain i can carry more than you, so that kinda ruins that part of it."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 03:39:48 pm »

Selina shrugs a bit.

"That may be true, but merchants are honest to themselves first, others second. Knowledge of whats going on in the world will most likely be somewhat accurate, depending how far away the actual merchant was from the area, but when it comes to the price of something? Why would a merchant give you an honest answer unless he wasn't selling it? And if he's not selling it, how does he know the price? No offense, but with my tribe, that was the kind of thing we had to deal with a lot mercantile wise... Unless you have a trusted source among them, then by all means go on ahead."
[/quote]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37