Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: pet tags on civilizations  (Read 558 times)

coobuddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
pet tags on civilizations
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:46:27 am »

will using the pet tags on humans, hippies, or gobs allow you to tame them after cage trapping? what AI would continue to function at that point for them? would they ever try to escape or attack you?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: pet tags on civilizations
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:59:51 pm »

You may be able to tame them, though getting friendly ones in a cage may be difficult.

Enemy siegers will likely still be hostile, just like when you try and tame siege animals.

I'm not sure how caught diplomats or merchants will act. But I do know that tamed sapients will require food and water. Additionally, only dwarves can do jobs, so intelligent pets will just laze around, since they are unable to work.

This also means that they cannot clothe themselves or use wells or drink from barrels. Their drink will have to come from a water source that they can reach, such as a riverside. They can eat from barrels though, which is kind of odd.

coobuddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:52:55 pm »

i don't think it works. i've added [PET_EXOTIC] and [TRAINABLE] to the entries in creature_standard and i've got a few goblin thieves. they don't show up under animals that i can train. is there somewhere else that shows up in?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:01 am »

yes,it works just fine.but only on hostile babies and children.just capture some gobbos and wait until a baby is born

coobuddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 03:26:35 pm »

ya i just saw that finally. now to play the waiting game and see what happens when they grow up