Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I mod dwarves to not care about being naked?  (Read 890 times)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I mod dwarves to not care about being naked?
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:49 am »

Why anybody finds micromanaging socks fun I will never understand (+huge FPS drain), and I don't want them in the game at all (except maybe shoes for syndrome protection, fine). I took them out, but then all my dwarves freak out about being naked

I don't want [NO_EMOTION], I just want them to not care about CLOTHES.  How can I do this?

Thanks!
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: How do I mod dwarves to not care about being naked?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:06 am »

Right now it's impossible but Toady I think said he will add in the option to "not care about clothes" someone that knows more of this can say this is true or not.

I have the same problem I have to use NOEMOTION as well.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:26:28 am »

I made a dfhack script for my mod that is more or less fixnaked calling itself again after a few days of game time. The thoughts does not have enough time to build up.

A personality trait or a token would better. I have good hopes for the next version.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:48:48 am »

You could perhaps instead switch to having just one item of clothing that covers everything, and prevent it from rotting (by making it ARMOUR).

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »

Civilians won't wear anything over armorlevel 0. Even if you could enlist your entire fortress, there's no single garment that covers everything. Robes don't cover heads, hands or feet.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 01:33:46 pm »

Do they actually get upset over not having mittens or hats? I don't think so?

According to this chart, it looks like Chausses (modded to let dwarves make them) + robe would be a good minimalist outfit to keep them happy with very little micromanaging.

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 01:37:32 pm »

Also, what happens if you make a custom playable civilization with like, spider creatures or something? I've never done that, but do they care about clothes still? If so, how does being upset about pants work if they don't even have legs, for example?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

Only uncovered STANCE, UPPERBODY, and LOWERBODY parts make them unhappy. So you could combine the UPPERBODY and LOWERBODY into one, and that would only need a shirt/pants and shoes instead of shirt, pants, and shoes.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »

Only uncovered STANCE, UPPERBODY, and LOWERBODY parts make them unhappy. So you could combine the UPPERBODY and LOWERBODY into one, and that would only need a shirt/pants and shoes instead of shirt, pants, and shoes.
You could make it an UPPERBODY/LOWERBODY/STANCE part.  It just wears a big sock with a head and arms sticking out of it.

Dwarves would hunt these things mercilessly to get the socks.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map