Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Surviving broken skulls?  (Read 2856 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving broken skulls?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:11 am »

The same thing happened to me, except it was a minecart accident that broke the skull. The medical dwarves cleaned and treated the wound as any other broken bone would be treated (only dwarves know how to use splints to immobilize a skull)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:23 am »

if the brain isn't torn/destroyed, then yes you can survive.  Typically skull-shattering trauma is followed by repeated blows that lead to brain death.  However if you survive the immediate after effects, I would expect the skull to completely heal over a few in-game years.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:07 am »

Solon InchedDike The Dank Year. The brain injury never healed, by the way, but it doesn't seem to affect him.

Well, that beats my story of a legless militia commander who still managed to get ten or eleven kills over the course of eight years...
You should totally be able to wheel around other squadmates in wheelbarrows! Why is Toady not devoting 100% of his time to this feature?!
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 07:14:17 am »

Solon InchedDike The Dank Year. The brain injury never healed, by the way, but it doesn't seem to affect him.

Back in 40d I had a dwarf who had a "broken" brain. He lived and I remember that, after several years, you could tell he was different from the others. He did not form any new relations during these years. Not even passing acquaintances.
I seem to remember his ability to gain skills was affected as well but it was so long ago that I don't remember.

If you still have that save somewhere, you could see if Solon's ability to make friends has changed.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.
Pages: 1 [2]