Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [SUCCUBUS] - Development & ideas  (Read 11056 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [SUCCUBUS] Development & ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 02:22:19 am »

You could not give them the tanner, but instead give the fleshshaper similar reactions... different names and reagents, but same outcome, improved leathers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 11:53:30 am »

You could not give them the tanner, but instead give the fleshshaper similar reactions... different names and reagents, but same outcome, improved leathers.

Probably, and if there is no leather with the needed qualities, I'll add a new one.

Okay so first things to do is a list of available items and reactions.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

Dont really have much to say except I think its a great idea and I would certainly play the race once its on.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:16 am »

Thank you, the race will be easy to play once fully integrated.

The entities have been properly prepared with features flags now, it should be ready to use with the launcher now.

I have been listing the available raw items so I do not reinvent the wheel. It turns out that MWDF has enough spare wheels to roll through the world several times. Of course this is not done by hand, ack-grep has been really helpful in finding raws so far.

Reactions/Buildings to import:
- The tanners and fleshshaper shops.  Those will be extended to provide flesh furniture and protection (a new leather will probably be added).
- The gnome animal care also reminded me that pets are really important for the civs and care should be expanded.
- Industries based on glass, gem and bone.
- Thread reclaiming.
- Wax statues
- Warlock's teleport
- summoning some mwdf hfs creatures

To be added later (in addition to those described in the first post) :
- Creative activities. The writing industry will be added in. As the music, singing and smoking activities for both value and good thoughts. Playing and gambling too.
- Poisoning weapons.
- Praying and religion : Themed ones.
- The Defiler : Similar to enchanter, will take equipment from siegers and turns those into your own version. Will provide breastplates, rare items (demonic sword, fire flail and other fun stuff) and redecorate those.

Weapons : Okay there is way more stuff then needed there, pitchforks are spears so the sprite set have to be updated.

Toys and other stuff : I wonder if having access to many items hurts fps.

That's it for now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 07:08:26 am »

Toys are gone, the item type is called Illumination in Mdf and is used for braziers, candles and similar objects.

Many object types does not hurt Fps, but many objects do. Its not the variety, but the amount thats bad.

Warlock teleport lacks one correct tag atm, as does that liquid spawners. Roses changed/added a few extra arguments and I didnt notice in the last update. I think a fix has been posted in the Warlock Bug Report thread, but it would be best to talk to Roses directly.

Special leather: Check the netherbark leather. Its steel grade and temp immune, maybe you can use it somehow. The needed plants currently only come from the third cavern.

Animal care: Dwarves also have some features like animal skill training, manual feeding of grazers, neutering or medical treatment and armoring them in iron/steel armor. Maybe any of this helps. But I have to say, your pets are slready awesome. I only changed the duration of the sleep effect on soul wisps for Warlock mode, I think i set it to 5000 ticks.

Aummoninh HFS creatures mostly results in uncontrollable civ member demons that hang around the meeting area or untrainable pets. Same with FBs. They also need actual procedually generated demons, so if a player gens a world with demon number set to 0, it will result in error messages. Its more an easter egg, something for fun than a real thought through feature.

Industries based on bone: Ironbone/Bloodsteel? You dont have to, but at least these things already exist.

Smoking currently is slightly bugged. I can make it Removebadthoughts all, but not Removebadthoughts Him. In short: I can use the ruby script behind it to only affect all civ members, not only the worker, because its ruby, not lua. Maybe you can find s better solution.

Curious what you will do with playing/gambling, I never found a good way to use this.

Shouldnt Succubi torture for fun? (Dungeon Keeper style?)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 10:22:03 am »

Toys are gone, the item type is called Illumination in Mdf and is used for braziers, candles and similar objects.

Many object types does not hurt Fps, but many objects do. Its not the variety, but the amount thats bad.

Warlock teleport lacks one correct tag atm, as does that liquid spawners. Roses changed/added a few extra arguments and I didnt notice in the last update. I think a fix has been posted in the Warlock Bug Report thread, but it would be best to talk to Roses directly.

Special leather: Check the netherbark leather. Its steel grade and temp immune, maybe you can use it somehow. The needed plants currently only come from the third cavern.

Animal care: Dwarves also have some features like animal skill training, manual feeding of grazers, neutering or medical treatment and armoring them in iron/steel armor. Maybe any of this helps. But I have to say, your pets are slready awesome. I only changed the duration of the sleep effect on soul wisps for Warlock mode, I think i set it to 5000 ticks.

Aummoninh HFS creatures mostly results in uncontrollable civ member demons that hang around the meeting area or untrainable pets. Same with FBs. They also need actual procedually generated demons, so if a player gens a world with demon number set to 0, it will result in error messages. Its more an easter egg, something for fun than a real thought through feature.

Industries based on bone: Ironbone/Bloodsteel? You dont have to, but at least these things already exist.

Smoking currently is slightly bugged. I can make it Removebadthoughts all, but not Removebadthoughts Him. In short: I can use the ruby script behind it to only affect all civ members, not only the worker, because its ruby, not lua. Maybe you can find s better solution.

Curious what you will do with playing/gambling, I never found a good way to use this.

Shouldnt Succubi torture for fun? (Dungeon Keeper style?)

Netherbark has the stats I was aiming for. Considering you can now have soldiers that breath fire, fireimmune leather will be needed. Reactions combining leathers into stronger types is planned. That way you can spend 2/4/8 leathers to get a high tier armor material, as an alternative to mining.

I'll check out what is lacking in teleport and liquid spawners, same for fovcommand if I get the chance.

Animal care and bone industry for later on, once I have a good grasp. It only make sense because the surface civ is quite centered on them.

Summoning random clowns is already in and is indeed... random. Perhaps removing intelligent tags through syndromes will help there?
However the non random creatures available in the raws (hellhound/nightmares...) will be added in. The current hellhound will become Orthrus (and get an extra head), other will have a "lesser" prefix.

Gambling could be a good reason to make coins out of rare metals, and provide gifts at a low chance. This is not a priority however, like smoking.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 01:07:15 pm »

Ok, good luck. :)

Mind that coins are stacks and reactions use them up as such. Using only 500 as each reagent/product was the only way around it that I could find.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 05:19:51 am »

Sweet.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 11:28:12 am »

I updated the patch in the OP to version 6.2 (link). This fixes the missing basiliskine reaction as well as add a selection of MW buildings and decorations. The vanilla version will be out soon.

Also there is a new selection of weapons. I did not test them against each other so I don't know if one of those is underpowered yet.

Another big change is that you cannot make breastplates anymore, and corset are now in the armor layer instead of under. This will lead to the succubi wearing more signature armor. This will be completed with leather suits later on.
To compensate, the coverage of corsets has bee raised from 75% to 90 and you can now make kite shield. The increased block chance should be more then enough.

There is a lot of weird stuff I cannot find a solution for. For example I found nowhere reactions that uses relics, fossils or treasures you may dig.
Same for a lot of buildings that does not seem to have reactions, the list of imported stuff ended up quite short now. This is weird.

On the other hand, I butchered a nightmare and got wool (I guess this is intended to replace hair), and no skin. Does this need to be added manually? Nvm I found the skin, now to tan it...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:38:17 am by Boltgun »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 11:56:25 am »

For relics and shit just copy the dwarf reactions and modify them.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 01:34:32 pm »

For relics and shit just copy the dwarf reactions and modify them.

I wanted to do that, but for some reason I did not find any. I am downloading a fresh version of mwdf to try again.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 07:19:25 pm »

This doesn't seem intended.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2014, 05:51:59 am »

Archeology are normal reactions, nothing fancy with it. Should be right with the other reactions.

Animal parts are ... weird sometimes, because of the standardization, modded bone usage, double brains and all kinds of other stuff. If you have isdues with it, just ask me. ;) (or BillyJack http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=93816 he also knows the bodyparts and tanning stuff well)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:53:32 am by Meph »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 07:34:28 am »

correct me if i'm doing something wrong but my succubus are all getting unhappy because they got no shirt and it's still the first month :(

edit: they have thights on the torso and won't wear the corsets they made
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:24:51 am by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 10:16:08 am »

What's the issue with the torture chamber ? No reactions ? I am sure it worked last time I tried but that was for vanilla. I'll try it out.

I tried search for relic RELICT, old chest, and no reaction file turned up. Same for a lot of buildings, if I search for their ID in the reaction files, even manually, I find nothing. I'll try a fresh install.

There will be questions about animal parts in the near future for sure.

I'll test the corsets, I hope that the armor layer is not blocking the civilian suit. But this will be reverted anyway to make way for the defiler workshop.
However if everything goes well, the bad thought should disappear after a week at best. They won't have the time to get crazy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5