Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [SUCCUBUS] - Development & ideas  (Read 11051 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [SUCCUBUS] Development & ideas
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 10:59:47 am »

Search for Archeologist. Use the building Id. The reactions are in reaction_masterwork.txt (1 or 2, not sure.)

Relict, ha.. my German came through there, Relikt = relic.

Say, do you want both Succubi types in Mdf simultaniously, or always just one of them active, or merge them into one? There are nit that many differences between Royalist Succubi and Deep Sucubbi, and its easier for players if there is only one type. I wont meddle, its your race(s), I'm just asking.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 11:17:41 am »

First, I have found and fixed an issue that caused clothing thought to not disappear. I'll update the patch soonish.

I have been thinking of merging the two civs. The problem is that the deep succubi seems to be more popular while I'm eager to keep the caravans, it seems that this matter should be decided by vote. For now I have added 'evil' flags like there is evil counterpart of existing civs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 04:42:48 pm »

Evil twins of old civs might be gone at some point. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 01:58:12 pm »

Ah, I thought that this feature was permanent.

On the other hand here's an update here.

Edit : I reuploaded the archive with a fixed torture chamber.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:51:32 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:41 am »

They were there for 1,5 years... but see the fundraiser thread, I d rather do more interesting and different civs at some point.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:48 am »

After checking the differences, and quite frankly the difference between the two civs are 3 lines long :
- UTTERANCE
- Lack of active seasons
- Butchering ethics

There is more then that, like cave adaptation, swimming abilities and other things but those are details.

You mention a choice of style for the human civ and that is interesting. Taking out the ethic, does the launcher would allows flags to remove trading?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:25:22 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 10:30:50 am »

Remove trading as in: Toggle the lines in the entity file that gives them access to pack/haul animals? Yes, can be done. (all raw modding could be done by the launcher btw)

The humans would be four different civs, and would tale up a bit of space in the launcher, but its all theory at the moment. I havent settled on any specifics yet. I dont even know which of my projects I do first. :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 11:55:24 am »

Nice, I'll be able to make something similar with a couple of batch files to switch between the civs on vanilla.

Reuniting the civs might come later however, as there is several changes that must be done first. Especially some scripting play before closing the v6 series.

Btw I solved my issues with reactions, I overwrote reaction_masterwork with an old version. No wonder I could not find most things.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:03:21 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »

Alright :)

Sorry that I cant be of more help atm. Next month. ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 03:42:54 am »

Alright :)

Sorry that I cant be of more help atm. Next month. ;)

No problem, have fun travelling.

I cannot do much coding this week but I'll use the time to write up some more planning.

There is one strange thing that I noticed in mwdf is that other civs will interact with you on year one. In vanilla you get one year of grace before getting caravans or sieges but on the first autumn I get a goblin caravan (that I quickly murdered) and a dwarven squad attacking. This is actually quite nice and I don't plan to fix that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:54:50 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 04:29:38 am »

When you open the launcher and look at the races section, you see that you can set both attacks and caravans from ver early to ver late. Individually for any race. :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 01:52:24 am »

After a few days of hiatus, I am back on the mod.

A couple of buildings has been added, the standard MWDF buildings are being added even if you can build all of them because of the research needed. Means to get through the research will be added later. There is also the issue where no alloy can be make but this may be my copy acting up again.

I do have a question however, the glassforge allows to build round shields (ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD) but none is found in the raw, is that an issue from a previous change?

Script wise, I made a try at the gui features to have a dialog box appear while you are selecting a job but I cannot position it on the side. This project will be put on hold for a while.
Otherwise I am trying to remove the intelligent tokens from the summoned clowns so they can be easier to use.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 11:46:20 am »

You dont need to use research if you dont like it. just make a copy of the workshop you want, call it WORKSHOP_SUCCUBUS and remove the research buildmat. And add the building to the reactions you want to use.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 08:40:53 am »

You dont need to use research if you dont like it. just make a copy of the workshop you want, call it WORKSHOP_SUCCUBUS and remove the research buildmat. And add the building to the reactions you want to use.

That would be the occasion to mirror some stuff the warlock do. There will be a reverse demonic attorney who should allow you to buy souls for items. You could buy the blueprints from the warlocks in exchange of stygian bronze crafts for example.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:55:48 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 07:19:08 am »

Interesting. Maybe they could trade for real, with caravans?

Suggestions:
A interaction that targets males only, kiss of the succubi. Melee range, turns enemy paralyzed or crazed.

Embark profiles. I havent checked (sorry) but all other races have a few.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5