Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [SUCCUBUS] - Development & ideas  (Read 11046 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [SUCCUBUS] Development & ideas
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 01:43:23 am »

Damn I should have thought of that, now we can have a cat or three. Cat sidhes are perfect. And chesire cats can make a fun ambusher.

I finished removing duplicates. The soul wisps and pain elemental have been merged so it can interact with both warlocks and succubi, there were little point in keeping both with so little differences. The dummy creatures remains separated however, to prevent sterile creatures from appearing. Other elements have been given more explicit ids.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »

There is too much cave animal choices, I am looking new way to provide a wagon puller. According to Urist Da Vinci's example, I can insert entries to the animal list through dfhack. That will be a good way to add the first tier of summoned pets despite them not being available through mundane means. Succubi will still try to tame creatures during world gen but their choice will should go towards evil biomes.

Also IndigoFenix have found a way to update the animals screen when a creature must be added. I'll try to mirror that.

I fixed an error case on the portals scripts. But when I tried to use those, its worker went... nowhere. It disappeared and I could not check its location. Upon reloading the save the worker is not even on the unit list, just gone. Perhaps testing it on a new fort will yield better results?

On a side note I had an hellhound going wild and starting a fight. Summoned creatures remain peaceful unless disturbed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 03:10:19 pm »

I plan to exclusively use Urists script to give each race its pets, which means that the list at embark will get much shorter in future updates.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 10:28:10 am »

I'll try to make something as simple as possible then. Like editing lists of civ > creatures at the top of the script. As such script can be run as soon as you load a save, the game should adapt.

Edit : I will put this part on hold for now and concentrate on buildings and jobs first, scripted changes are easier to update while reaction ones requires new worlds.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:38:37 am by Boltgun »

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2014, 07:07:13 pm »

So say I play as a royalist succubus fortress, will my succubi and incubi get married? Or will it be one big whoopsie fest full of baby explosions?

Also, are you changing most of the art to be suffering, pain, sex, torture, and marital aids? Because if so, awesome.
Quote from: GoldenShadow
I don't understand why you need magma.
Quote from: Duuvian
Well done OP, you've inadvertently weaponized ghosts.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2014, 07:15:24 am »

So say I play as a royalist succubus fortress, will my succubi and incubi get married? Or will it be one big whoopsie fest full of baby explosions?

Also, are you changing most of the art to be suffering, pain, sex, torture, and marital aids? Because if so, awesome.

They get married as usual, baby explosion is too much of an hassle to manage. Since there is more females then males, you get little kids in your fort.

Also there will be nothing 16+. Trust me on that, the game reacts badly otherwise.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:07 am »

In your credits its "* Teleport by Putnam"... thats a second teleport script, in addition to the one by Roses?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:53 am »

In your credits its "* Teleport by Putnam"... thats a second teleport script, in addition to the one by Roses?

That's a second script, that is used by rat things to teleport towards enemies.

Now maybe I overwrote rose's script and that should explain why I sent a worker into oblivion when I tried to use the portals.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 09:08:01 am »

rat things to teleport towards enemies.
Snow Crash?

hiphop38

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 09:05:13 pm »

So call me an idiot, but I am struggling to run the alpha. I have unzipped the file and such, does it need to be in the same file as the general masterwork file, or can it stand alone? and what is the way to begin the startup etc for it to work?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 01:19:43 am »

So call me an idiot, but I am struggling to run the alpha. I have unzipped the file and such, does it need to be in the same file as the general masterwork file, or can it stand alone? and what is the way to begin the startup etc for it to work?

You have to extract the archive in the Dwarf Fortress subfolder, the explorer should prompt you to fuse hack and raw folder as well as overwriting other files. There is no changes to the launcher yet, just run DF and you will find the civs after generating a new world.

In another news, everything that is needed for the civs to work by MWDF's standards should be there. Now I have to test it to make sure that everything can be built and ran.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [SUCCUBUS] - Development & ideas
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:39 am »

Suggestions: Make the [POSITION:MONARCH] (king/queen) to be only avaiable to females. Succubi Queens only.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:17 am »

I may add this. With all the wars and snatching the succubi do at world gen, the current monarch is pretty random. Last gen had a gnome king which is quite funny if you picture the situation (I also have an epically drunk drunk lady).

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 04:20:45 pm »

I updated the archive with the alpha build here.

This fixes a lot of bugs, there is still a lot of testing to do but progress is getting fast.

Every building should be possible one way or another. You can now make saw blades, and research discoveries can be bought at the Attorney's stock (it will mirror the warlock's Devil Attorney over time).

Now that the civ is nearly completed and that we have an official thread, conversation should continue there. I am closing this thread, thank you for giving it a try.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:26:12 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2014, 04:22:55 pm »

Every building should be possible one way or another. You can now make saw blades, and research discoveries can be bought at the Attorney's stock (it will mirror the warlock's Devil Attorney over time).

Idea: If Warlocks and Succubi do trade at some point, maybe the Warlocks can trade you the buildmat for the Attorneys Stock, while the Succubi trade the Warlocks the buildmat for the Devils Attorney. ;)

PS: If you want to I can change the links in the main thread to here, and you call this "Everything Succubi". I can lock my thread then. I dont know what you prefer. Its easier now, because I can edit first/second post, so if I change designs or links I can just do it... and you can still post updates and answer questions in them. But its your race, so you decide. I just got a "strange mood" and wanted to get all the graphics and threads done.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:25:32 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]