Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Roll to be an Escaping Experiment  (Read 12482 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Roll to be an Escaping Experiment
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:49:46 am »

You have broken out of some facility that injected you full of chemicals, dropped you in nuclear waste, had you bitten by all sorts of animals, or threw you through a few summoning circles.  You now have a power.  They are trying to recapture you.  What do you do?

Spoiler: Signup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:46:51 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be an Escaping Experiment
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:52:23 am »

((Just how crazy minimalist will this be? I'll start with an extremely crazy character, tell me if it's too much.))

Name: John Doeeeaaaarrrgghhhhwhereshisface
Appearance: The most plain person you ever saw. That is to say, he has no face.
Power: Can pull random objects out of his clothing and from behind his back, even if he was checked to not be concealing anything. ((I'd say the roll here is how much control I have over what item comes out.))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:57:49 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:56:07 am »

Name: T.O.A.
Appearance: A strange, robot-like man wearing full body armor that covers everything but his face and a round, featureless mask on his face. Both the mask and armor can change color at will.
Power: Can temporarily gain control over a specific Kanohi, which manifests on his face. may not manifest Kanohi Olmak or Ignika. He can also control all the elements of the Toa - Fire, Water, Air, Ice, Rock, Earth, Lightning, Sonics, Magnetism, Iron, Gravity, Plasma, Plant Control, Psionics, Light and Shadow.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:56:12 am by darkpaladin109 »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 07:57:46 am »

Name: Hunter
Appearance: A guy wearing futuristic armour. He isn't in a rush to take it off.
Power: Can create hardlight weapons and armor, with a specialty involving making hundreds of needle-like arms.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:59:39 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:03:38 am »

Name: Seer
Appearance: Looks like a normal human, except he has pale, white eyes and pale skin.
Power: The Seer is blind, but they can sense things in the surrounding area, such as the gases in the air, the people nearby. They also have very keen ears.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:17:05 am »

Name: N/A
Appearance: Standard-looking potato with jumper leads attached.
Power: Capable of somehow producing incredible amounts of electricity, enough to propel itself through the air if need be.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:46:09 am »

Name: Jim
Appearance: A woman in her thirties. Hates her name. Is covered in numerous scars from the animal bites. Skin has strange series of circular marks along the limbs.
Power: Octopus powers. Can both partialarly and completely shapeshift into an octopus. Can size through tny spaces, or grow a powerful beak and tentacles for combat. Like an octopus, can change my colour and texture of her skin.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:51:48 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 08:47:28 am »

Name: Nix
Appearance: A lean, tall, shaggy haired man, in his twenties. 
Power: Stone-form, the ability to turn into an unnaturally hard rock like substance
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:50:33 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 09:35:48 am »

I'll allow one more person in so I can do this in a reasonable amount of time.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 09:57:53 am »

Name:Fred
Appearance: A really fat guy
Power: Is able to manipulate his fat around his body, think a really fat version of Mr. Fantastic/rubberband man
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 10:07:05 am »

ptw

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »

((Just how crazy minimalist will this be? I'll start with an extremely crazy character, tell me if it's too much.))

The minimalist level will be: If it is physically possible or you have the ability to do so, it will be rolled for.  If not, no roll.

I'll post the turn when I get home.  I have to head off somewhere, and I have to work on the map of the area.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 10:35:35 pm »

Name: John Doeeeaaaarrrgghhhhwhereshisface
Appearance: The most plain person you ever saw. That is to say, he has no face.
Power: Can pull random objects out of his clothing and from behind his back, even if he was checked to not be concealing anything.

(3) You can pull lamps out of thin air.

Name: T.O.A.
Appearance: A strange, robot-like man wearing full body armor that covers everything but his face and a round, featureless mask on his face. Both the mask and armor can change color at will.
Power: Can temporarily gain control over a specific Kanohi, which manifests on his face. may not manifest Kanohi Olmak or Ignika. He can also control all the elements of the Toa - Fire, Water, Air, Ice, Rock, Earth, Lightning, Sonics, Magnetism, Iron, Gravity, Plasma, Plant Control, Psionics, Light and Shadow.

(1) Kanohi can take control of you and you have power over flashlight beams.

Name: Hunter
Appearance: A guy wearing futuristic armour. He isn't in a rush to take it off.
Power: Can create hardlight weapons and armor, with a specialty involving making hundreds of needle-like arms.

(3) You can create realistic holograms of various weapons and armor.

Name: Seer
Appearance: Looks like a normal human, except he has pale, white eyes and pale skin.
Power: The Seer is blind, but they can sense things in the surrounding area, such as the gases in the air, the people nearby. They also have very keen ears.

(6) Your eyes were removed and your legs were broken, but you can see into the nearby future, the past, and alternate universes, currently at random, occurring within 10 seconds, 10 minutes, 10 hours, 10 days, 10 months, or 10 years.

Name: N/A
Appearance: Standard-looking potato with jumper leads attached.
Power: Capable of somehow producing incredible amounts of electricity, enough to propel itself through the air if need be.

(4) You produce a moderate amount of water that can be used to propel you through the air.

Name: Jim
Appearance: A woman in her thirties. Hates her name. Is covered in numerous scars from the animal bites. Skin has strange series of circular marks along the limbs.
Power: Octopus powers. Can both partialarly and completely shapeshift into an octopus. Can size through tny spaces, or grow a powerful beak and tentacles for combat.

(6) You have 4 Octopus tentacles sprouting from your back and hidden under your hair is the mantle of an octopus.  You have the ability to transform further into one, but you cannot turn back into a human.  In addition, you are forcibly adapted with features of animals you kill.

Name: Nix
Appearance: A lean, tall, shaggy haired man, in his twenties. 
Power: Stone-form, the ability to turn into an unnaturally hard rock like substance

(6) See that huge golem made of rock.  Your a human-sized version of that all the time.

Name:Fred
Appearance: A really fat guy
Power: Is able to manipulate his fat around his body, think a really fat version of Mr. Fantastic/rubberband man

(4) You can manipulate the fat around your body, but you can't get it to go back to precisely how it used to be. (ie. Stretched fat doesn't return to a fully smooth appearance when pulled back.)

(Note: Each Grid Square is 333 feet by 333 feet)

You are outside the facility (coordinates: J-11) with several other of those experimented upon.  Many will likely be recaptured.  You hope you won't wind up being one of them. 

Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DarkPaladin109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: smurfingtonthethird (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GilgameshDespair (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)

Movement upon the map works as such: all players have a maximum movement of 6 spaces/hour (hour is the length of time of one standard turn) on a non-diagonal movement grid (ie. North-South-East-West movement, but no Northeast-Southeast-Southwest-Northwest movement).  A die is then rolled to determine how many of those spaces you managed to move.  At the end of the next turn, all those that remain at J-11 will be captured, with the radius expanding by 2 for 5 turns.  Options will eventually expand to non-movement stuff, to the point you can become full superheroes and supervillains, but right now, you're running like hell.

Also, feel free to RP conversations between characters, and make sure to bold your actions.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:06:15 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »

"My... God, it's full of stars."

Crawl away to the north, unless someone is willing to carry me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:17:16 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 11:16:55 pm »

CURSE MY FABULOUS PHYSIQUE!!

run north, don't stop for nuthin'
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*