Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Greenbeans the cedar splint, and other worthless artifacts  (Read 1436 times)

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Self-explanatory. My first artifact on my new fort since picking the game back up recently was Greenbeans, a cedar splint.  I suppose I shouldn't complain too much since it has a picture of a bronze colossus killing an elf on it, but...  Greenbeans? Really?

What are some of the worst (and best) artifact names (or just plain artifacts) you've gotten lately?
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greenbeans the cedar splint, and other worthless artifacts
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:28:22 am »

I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:45:42 am »

A piece of dyed underwear named that Tatooed Imprisonment is actually quite fitting.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:08:38 am »

Oh god
I am now imagining a fat, hairy dwarf wearing bright-red antique boxers that say 'THE TATTOOED IMPRISONMENT' on the waistband and sixteen cloaks, wearing sunglasses, carrying a barrel of booze under one arm, with a tattoo on his gut saying [DUNGEON MASTER], saying 'Deal with it'.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

brokegamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »

Recently I got a rock salt door made from a single chunk of rock salt.  ::)

I never consider artefact clothing to be useless though, since it's basically indestructible. Add it to a militia uniform for extra coverage.
I do let's plays on them there 'tubes.

Chances are if I'm making a post, I'm drunk.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »

Recently I got a rock salt door made from a single chunk of rock salt.  ::)

I never consider artefact clothing to be useless though, since it's basically indestructible. Add it to a militia uniform for extra coverage.
Hey, any furniture, especially a door, is a useful artifact. Indestructible building destroyer bait that you can lock and unlock without relying on dwarfpower? Yes please!

You want useless, have a candy hammer with a picture of what it would look like in gold on it.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 01:34:43 pm »

I once had a dog leather backpack called The National Fragrances.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Stalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

This looks usefull...  ::)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:12:18 pm by Stalker »
A medium-sized creature prone to artifact hunting, radiation and general stupidity.