Poll

Which Nation to play?

The Alan Tribes, with the Rules specified
- 4 (9.8%)
The Vlachs with the Rules specified
- 3 (7.3%)
Byzantines with the Rules specified
- 16 (39%)
Balkan Federation (successive players play different Balkan countries)
- 6 (14.6%)
The Vlachs with the Rules specified, upon Formation of Wallachia the rest of the Balkan may be conquered. Cultural Diversity enforced.
- 12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Paradox Games (CKII, EUIV etc.) Megacampaign Succession Game  (Read 16650 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Paradox Games (CKII, EUIV etc.) Megacampaign Succession Game
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2014, 03:38:28 pm »

you can usually change it when you click the title in question. SO: click the Byzantine Empire Coat of Arms, then there should be the edit buton next to the name in the window that pops up.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2014, 03:45:18 pm »

Also New and Old Patriarchs:
Sheb and Iituem

Any Revolters?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2014, 04:32:42 pm »

Word of the Patriarch

The failure to take Gotland was an embarrasment.  Was it that we used cataphracts?  Indeed not!  It was that we did not use enough!  My Patriarchal mandate is to build an army of no less than 20,000 cataphracts, seizing whatever power needed to supply the men, but creating no other retinues until that army is complete.

Let the trampling of hooves be as the thunder of God!

Reconsidered after advice from another Patriarch; amended Word below.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:54:15 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:19 pm »

You are aware that even with and extra level or two of military organization, this mean expanding the size of the Empire ~3 time from its peak? I though the rules should limit expansion!

Diktat of Sheb, Patriarch of Rome

It is wrong that our holy sites and patriarchal seat are under the control of lay lords. I demand that all holy site/patriarchal seats provinces be placed under the command of the Monophelite Patriarch, no matter how many vassals you need to piss off for this!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »

I'm currently content with my last request as Patriarch.  You've given the man the crown: It's up to him to keep it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2014, 06:45:40 am »

Err, the save link just tells me 'The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved'.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:55 am »

Revised Word of the Patriach

Hmph.  After my counterpart in Rome has advised me that "there aren't enough warhorses in the entire empire to cover even half of that number", I have reconsidered my mandate.  Instead, your mission is one of piety.  Too long has the holy city of Jerusalem been in Heathen hands, and it was lost by foolish feudal rulership.  Let us amend that.

My mandate is this: Found the Kingdom of Jerusalem - and give it in its entirety to the Patriarch of Jerusalem to run as a theocracy.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2014, 06:09:53 am »

I fixed the save link, I had posted a more recent save, and forgot to edit my post.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2014, 11:09:09 am »

One early morning in the Imperial Palace...

He sank to his knees before the majesty of the Emperor. He sat on a magnificent throne of gold and purple, was clad in all the splendour of imperial regalia, held in himself all the greatness and power of Rome! A mere mortal such as himself could do little but gawk - for the little time he dared set eyes upon the Great One - and hope to be noticed. He felt the Emperor's gaze soon drift upon him, those glorious, azure eyes seizing him with their fire. All others had fled the room, lucky to even momentarily be in the presence of their master!

'Majesty!' he managed to squeak, surprised he could make any sound at all!

The Emperor made a sound - surely not of displeasure? Terror seized his heart. He looked up into those eyes once more, both terrified and excited beyond measure to hear His Imperial Majesty speak.

'Can we... can we just keep it down a bit?' the Emperor said, his voice awe-inspiring with power. 'I feel like I have the hangover of the century.'

---

Didn't play far yet, but that's a start. Next up, invasion of Jerusalem for the glory of the Patriarchs.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2014, 02:25:48 pm »

Nice update!  Glad to see the "tone" of the previous updates was upheld.

Also, I now have all the CKII expansions, so I'm able to take my turn whenever that might be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2014, 05:35:36 am »

So, any new update coming? :)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 08:35:16 am »

Let's get to it.

I don't know how the hell the Rus heir ended up at the court of the Varangians (and Orthodox!), but that was a wonderful stroke of luck. Rus will be Monothelite and Dodecakolpos in a few decades, mwah mwah mwah. Let's make sure that sticks.

IIRC, the converter will make us just Orthodox, unless any of y'all can help mod Monothelite into EUIV. I guess that's not for a while yet, anyway.

Here's the save!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2014, 08:43:40 am »

Nice. Funny how you're a pretender. :p

EuchreJack your turn, unless someone wants to try to rebel of course.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »

Nah, I'll wait a couple more successions before I try rebelling again.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »

Right now is probably one of the best shot though, before the Empire expand too much.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12