Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 32943 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Starlight (TSG)
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:47:20 pm »

The "Patient Orientation Center" is one of those easily reusable buildings. They could be gym halls, theaters for the school play, whatever. Right now all the stackable chairs are arranged in a circle, and a folding table nearby is used as a receptacle for a box of donuts, along with various non-alcoholic drinks such as coffee and soft drinks. It reminds you of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, if most people at it were early teens.

The lady -- an adult among the kids, which is unusual -- in the chair across from you is a cheerful sort in a t-shirt with a smiley face on it. You'd believe her cheeriness if you didn't notice the fact that every possible exit in this place seemed to come with a roller shutter designed to stop escape from the inside and the fact that the three burly people hanging out at the major exits are all somewhat but not entirely hiding the fact that they are armed.

She is holding a sports ball in her hands. She says softly but clearly "Hello. My name is Gemma. I understand that some of you may be very scared. Don't worry. We aren't going to hurt you. Let's get to know each other better. This is the talking ball. I'm going to pass the ball around now. When the ball is given to you, then you are going to say your name, and maybe tell us what you feel right now. Let's start by going from the left rightwards."

She hands the ball over to some kid, then everyone says their piece. Every emotion is some variant on scared, angry, alone, or confused. Not a surprise considering the situation. Eventually the ball is handed to you.

What do you say?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:52:34 pm by Fniff »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »

My name is Oliver. I feel apathetic. I don't want to share anything else with you. ((Or something along those lines feel free to tweak the sentence anyway you want.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:56:55 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:54:05 pm »

Hey. Uh, my name is Avolen Dermens. I'm a guy, as you can probably tell. I'm, uh, a little nervous. And, well, I'm not really sure what's going on. And, er... Avolen quickly hands the ball to the next person.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

"um hello, I'm Tonya Magnuson, pleased to meet you"

(I'll let others fill in some more details)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »

I am Akei I will leave my gender up to interpretation and I am rather amused by all this. But really, good luck figuring my gender out. You'll need it. May I ask why you bothered to gather up all these people I have never seen before in here? Also guess what! Elephants! That's what. Elephants are Aaaaallll you need to know. Do you know that Merlin was a wizard? Gandalf has NOTHING on him. Suck it Bilbo! Do you know butterflies look really bloody creepy up close? Do you know spiders are mad adorbs up close? Do you know the moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of one inch per year? Do you know that there is a fire extinguisher to your left? Do you have any feet? How many feet? Are you a potato? Are you Mr Potato? Have you been to the Potaro Dimension? Am I asking too many weird question? Is it annoying? This is normal just so you know. I do this a lot. Can I have another four doughnuts? I really like sugar! It's tasty! Have you ever seen me with caffeine? It's a lot worse then this. I get even more hyper! Woof! Woof woof woof! (isTrap = 1)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:46:12 pm by Kevak »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »

I am Akei I will leave my gender up to interpretation and I am rather amused by all this. But really, good luck figuring my gender out. You'll need it. May I ask why you bothered to gather up all these people I have never seen before in here? Also guess what! Elephants! That's what. Elephants are Aaaaallll you need to know. Do you know that Merlin was a wizard? Gandalf has NOTHING on him. Suck it Bilbo! Do you know butterflies look really bloody creepy up close? Do you know spiders are mad adorbs up close? Do you know the moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of one inch per year? Do you know that there is a fire extinguisher to your left? Do you have any feet? How many feet? Are you a potato? Are you Mr Potato? Have you been to the Potaro Dimension? Am I asking too many weird question? Is it annoying? This is normal just so you know. I do this a lot. Can I have another four doughnuts? I really like sugar! It's tasty! Have you ever seen me with caffeine? It's a lot worse then this. I get even more hyper! Woof! Woof woof woof! (isTrap = 1)

+1

((Stop corrupting me with Kawaii hyper traps kevak.  :P ))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:48:49 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 03:54:14 pm »

+1

((Stop corrupting me with Kawaii hyper traps kevak.  :P ))

((ALL SHALL BE CONVERTED!))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:25:06 pm »

Quote from: Kevak
*words*
Everyone is staring at you. Gemma looks at you, then quickly jots something down in a notepad. Several of the guards are talking into their lapels about something, then stifling laughs. "Right, then, Akei, would you like to pass the talking ball over now, please?"

Begrudgingly, you pass the talking ball over to the person to your right, who says their piece quickly and quietly (Something you neglected to do), and after a while the ball is passed back to Gemma. She smiles slightly, and then begins to talk a long while about not much at all. Just the same thing you've been hearing since someone held a stungun to your head and told you that you had ten minutes to pack one bag before you would have to go away from home. It's not a kidnapping if it's legal.

After she finishes talking, she takes out a box filled with ID cards. She stands up and hands each person a card. "This is your ID card." she says. "You have to keep this on you at all times. This provides useful information and makes sure that the staff are able to identify you in the case of any mix-ups."

"What sort of mix-ups would these be? I thought you guys had this place perfectly down. Are you sure you're--"

"And here's your ID card, Akei!" she practically presses the ID card into your hand. On the card your name and your picture, obviously cut out and pasted from your last school photo day. They put your gender down as male... they must have gotten most of the information from your parents. On the right edge, just by your picture, is a magnetic stripe.
Spoiler: ID Card (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:28:03 pm by Fniff »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »

Shifter! Kevak can fill out the rest.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 05:38:21 pm »

PATIENT CARD
Name: Akei Magnusson
Height: 5'7 (translate?)
Weight: 123lb (translate?)
Eye Color: One eye Brown, Other Eye Bright Purple.
Hair: Down to Knees, most of it is Brown, the tips are Bright Purple.
Residence: Temporary Dormitory (Room B21, Bed 2)
Subtype : Shifter, Affinity For Wolves.

((Edited a few times.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:46:01 pm by Kevak »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 05:41:56 pm »

PATIENT CARD

((Edited a few times.))
+1 You have a great ability for making traps.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 05:44:43 pm »

PATIENT CARD

((Edited a few times.))
+1 You have a great ability for making traps.

((Thanks lawl, also I edited it again, spot the difference!)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »

PATIENT CARD

((Edited a few times.))

But with manipulator.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 05:48:04 pm »

((You crossed out Male and replaced Cats with Wolves. That's all I've noticed.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 05:48:45 pm »

((Correct.))
((What kind of trap doesn't want wolf ears and a tail?))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37