Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mana Shaper  (Read 2063 times)

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mana Shaper
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 09:26:08 pm »

Practice our ability shape mana onto the physical plane by creating our own shape

After we learn how to animate them, we'll be able to create an army.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 11:14:52 pm »

As a general speed up to days, I'm just going to have you guys do random training so I can move the time blocks when there aren't many actions.

You manage to successfully combine a tuxedo and a Q, but no unique shape. Instead, you learned two probably useless shapes, and one potentially great skill. You have unlocked the secrets of Shape Combine, a skill that does exactly what it sounds like. It's quite expensive, but the right shapes combined could be incredibly powerful. As a synergy bonus, Mini Me's ability to create shapes is done at a lower cost.
You contemplate making another you, but you already have Mini Me, who's adorable, so you decide against it. So instead you practice him until the noon bells toll.

{Noon}{Block 2/4}

Spoiler: Student ID (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Shapes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Valueless Shapes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 11:29:56 pm »

Read a book about basic pyromancy and then quiz another student.

Cause you know quizmaster.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 06:05:01 pm »

Sorry for the long delay, I've been busy preparing for an upcoming move.

You hit the library and start reading up on pyromancy. It's quite informative really. Pyromancy used to be a purely attack based class, but grew unpopular as wars and fighting became less of a necessity. The book details its rise back to popularity as pyromancy became one of the ultimate public servant types of magic, as it revolutionized metal work, and the energy industry. You debate a while just making an appeal to switch classes, but you doubt that would ever go through. Regardless, you manage to pick up a few things that would be handy for your shaping.
Armed with knowledge, you don your ridiculous hat, and seek out your fellow students. You decide to only target first year students like yourself, seeing as you don't have access to any higher year libraries. Your first mark is a pyromancer student. You expect good things from him, and quiz him on the basic history and theory of old pyromancy, but your hopes are crushed when he fails miserably at these things. Clearly not a good learner. With each question he gets wrong, a number appears or grows on your hand, each question he answers correctly taking a point from you. Out of 10 questions you prepared, 2 were correct, and the number now sits at eight.
You cast identify on the numbers and discover that these are "quiz points." According to your identification, Quiz Points are used to unlock hidden powers of the Ensemble, or to give you a clue on where to find or craft other pieces of the set. Nifty. There was also something about being able to use them to cast the ignorant into eternal damnation, but you decide to avoid looking into that too far...

[Acquired; Quiz Points x 8]

{Afternoon}{Block 3/4}

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 06:18:19 pm »

Quiz some random kid on manna shaping.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 06:40:15 pm »

A fiendish grin scars your face as an evil idea roots itself into your mind. You find some random chump who looks stronger than you, and propose the quiz to him. He naively accepts, and you begin interrogating him on the mana shaping skills you've learned. Being most likely the first in centuries to unlock this stuff, he easily loses the 20 questions. You repeat this a few times until you're sick of it. You notice, however, that the more wrong answers there are, the fewer Quiz Points you acquire. These diminishing returns could be troubling. Either way, you're up to 150 QP, so you honestly don't care that much at the moment.
In the meantime, you train up a bit, bringing your imp up to level 2, and your sword and fist up to level 7, and it is now night time.

{Night}{Block 4/4}

[/quote]

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2014, 06:51:04 pm »

Spend fifty quiz points on figuring out the Quizmaster's Secret chest item. Spend another fifty to unlock a power.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 03:41:51 pm »

You pour 100 Quiz Points in total into your hat, and a few seconds later hear an odd dinging noise, like a cash register. Nothing happens for a short while after that, and you fear you may have wasted precious currency, but then your head starts throbbing in pain. This pain lasts a solid hour, and the entire time you're unable to move and feel like you're dying, but at the end, your head is filled with knowledge you didn't have before.
The Quiz Master's Secret Ensemble seems to take a new form once it's complete. The actual ingredients used don't seem to matter, but becoming a piece of the Ensemble can slightly warp its appearance. Furthermore, each piece seems to have its own letter assigned to it, except the gloves and shoes, but you haven't learned anything else on that front. Knowing how to craft a piece is only a part of the puzzle, luck and knowledge also play an important role.
You check your hat's descriptor in your ID, and sure enough, there's a new power to it. The hat can now be sharpened and thrown like some sort of demented hat frisbee of death. You feel like you're on the path to becoming a Bond villain, whatever that means. You spend the rest of the night practicing your new skill, and hit the sack.

Through dumb luck and random experimentation, you have ascended to level 12, and acquired 10 points to distribute as you see fit.

{Late Night}{Block -/4}

[/quote]
[/quote]

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 03:52:10 pm »

After assigning your points combine a "U" with a tuxedo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]