Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need help installing the game with PeridexisErrant's Expanded LNP  (Read 444 times)

blockhead1110

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I need help here. I don't know how to install the game with PeridexisErrant's Expanded LNP, and all of the youtube video tutorials are for the old Lazy Newb Pack which has since been discontinued. The forum post for PeridexisErrant's Expanded LNP doesn't give good enough instructions. Can someone please give me instructions on how to install the game?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: I need help installing the game with PeridexisErrant's Expanded LNP
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »

"INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download and unzip the folder - there's no further installation procedure.  The pack must be able to read/write files - so don't put it in a "Program Files" folder.
2. Open dfhack.init in the dwarf fortress folder with a text editor, and enable mouse control if you want it.
3. If you're upgrading from a previous version of this pack, run the 'copy my data' script with both versions next to each other in a folder.  "

That was on the thread. You download the file, unzip it and then let it go.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you've unzipped it, all you have to do is run the LNP .jre