Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 51069 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Prince of the Mafia: Back in action
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:59:30 pm »

Welcome to Prince of the Mafia, the informal, no-titles-granted version of king of the mafia.  Most of you reading this at the time of putting this up will already know the rules, but a copy I stole from Toonyman (who in turn stole them from Leafsnail) has been provided below. 

The King of the Mafia games can be found here:
King of the Mafia 4
King of the Mafia 3
King of the Mafia 2
King of the Mafia 1 - Second Thread

Rules
Shamelessly stolen from Leafsnail:
Welcome to King of the Mafia, your chance to win the fabulous crown of this subforum!  The rules are below.  They were originally written by Dakarian and have been edited by webadict and me (my edits are in italics).
You think you've proven yourself, child?  "Oh my, I won as town!"  Meh, that's easy with a whole army at your back and power roles you can abuse.   "But I've beaten the town as Mafia!"  PHAH!  With friends and a horribly weak town.

But can you do both?  Can you take down the mafia with 6 others, then turn around as mafia and BEAT those 6 to a pulp?  Can you pick just the perfect role-braving additions caused by an evil mod-that will not only help you as town but also as scum?  Can you fight off endless waves of people, including those you've killed? 

Well then step on the hill and see if you have what it takes to be King of the Mafia.

Spoiler: Basic Rules:  READ! (click to show/hide)

Specialized Rules:

Inning is not required to sign up.  To sign up read only the first two pages of Xylbot's role list and choose ONE role from there (and PM it to me).  You will then be assigned with that role, with a possibility of additional features based on balance or tomfoolery(though nothing hidden).

Once 7 people have signed up, the game begins.  A random person will be picked as KING MAFIA and will be given, on top of their role, the Mafiakill.  The First Round ONLY will start with a kill-less Night (that is all killing abilities will be disabled).

From there, the game continues.  During the game, anyone else can Sign up to be put on a queue. Game will play like a standard mafia game.  If you die at any time, you may Sign up again, though others who haven't played that round will have priority.

If King Mafia is killed at any time, the round ends.  Those in queue will take the place of those that died to refill the ranks back to 7 (those still alive remain), a new KING MAFIA will be picked, and the game will start on the next phase (Old round ends in Day, new round starts at Night...)

Play continues until KING MAFIA succeeds in being the ONLY one alive.  Note that all players being dead does not fulfill the KING MAFIA win condition - in that case a new round would begin with 7 new players.

There is an antilurk system in place.  Each RL day, you MUST have either voted (even if its for the same person) or sent in an action.  Fail once and you get one prod.  Fail twice in the same round and you will be killed, a player in Queue will automatically Sub in for you, and you will not be able to rejoin.  Ever.

All may join this game, though be aware of the antilurk system.  Please read this line Dariush.

*Toony Edit on No-Lynch policy*
Players may choose to no-lynch two days in a row. Otherwise a lynch must be made. If players force a tie then the lynch target will be randomly decided between the lynch candidates. If there are only two players left the compulsory lynch rule is not enforced, instead a stalemate results in a mafia loss.

You're done with the rules.  Now join and claim the mountain!
Special Prince of the Mafia Rules:
1. When the Prince Mafia (what we are calling the king mafia) survives until the end, six additional people join them, they lose Prince Mafia status, and a new Prince Mafia is randomly selected.  Yes, you can be Prince Mafia multiple times in a row, if the dice like you.
2. The moderator of the game can and will change.  If a moderator wants to step down, they may announce that the game is searching for a new moderator.  When another person agrees to take the mantle, the old moderator must wait until every player they know the role of has lost their role before joining the game.  This may take several rounds.
3. Normally in King of the Mafia, selecting the same role as someone else did previously incurs penalties.  This system will be carried over to an extent: choosing a role chosen in the last seven rounds will result in bad things.  Beyond seven rounds, you can choose old roles, but try to be original, people.
4. Additional Rules as needed.

Current Game:
Imperial Guardsman 1.0
Persus13 1.0
Ottofar 1.0
Mastahcheese 1.0
Solymr 2.0
Toaster 2.0

Dead Players (with numbers):
Toaster 1.0
Solymr 1.0
Notquitethere 1.0
TheWetSheep 1.0
TheDarkStar 1.0
Tiruin 1.0

Winners Tally:
Solymr

Prince Killers:
Imperial Guardsman 1.0: DAYKILL TWS

Signups list:
TheDarkStar 2.0
notquitethere 2.0
Tiruin 2.0
TheWetSheep 2.0
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:04:06 pm by 4maskwolf »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Endless King of the Mafia! Now in Signups!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

I'm in and I'll send my PM shortly.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:03:45 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to join for at least two weeks (final exams). I'd love to try a round this summer or something however...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:32 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to join for at least two weeks (final exams). I'd love to try a round this summer or something however...
No problem.  I hope this'll be around for quite some time.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:08:47 pm »

In.

And since this isn't as competitive as normal KotM, maybe you could do crazy Webadict-style role additions at least part of the time? Who cares about balance?

I also think Network Robot should be added to the nerf list.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

Network Robot is stupidly powerful depending on what happens, yes.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:12:14 pm »

As long as somebody doesn't go and daykill one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:14:44 pm »

Am I invited?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »

In.

And since this isn't as competitive as normal KotM, maybe you could do crazy Webadict-style role additions at least part of the time? Who cares about balance?

I also think Network Robot should be added to the nerf list.
I'm sorry, I played exactly one game under Webby, so I have no idea what you mean.

Also, yeah, I'm considering it.

Am I invited?
I suppose we cannot say no to the king.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 10:18:55 pm »

I mean things like this:

Spoiler: Round 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 7 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 8 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 11 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 12 (click to show/hide)

Stuff like a Malfunctioning Inventor Paranoid Gun Owner Greater Watcher.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:50 pm »

Can a previous King explain to me why Recurring Nightmare is on the nerf list?  It's basically an angel, but instead of protect it has a one-shot eradicate.  There are a ton of other roles with said one-shot eradicate.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 10:24:19 pm »

Stuff like a Malfunctioning Inventor Paranoid Gun Owner Greater Watcher.

Or Reflexive Reactionary Hot Nurse Bruce Wayne.

Can a previous King explain to me why Recurring Nightmare is on the nerf list?  It's basically an angel, but instead of protect it has a one-shot eradicate.  There are a ton of other roles with said one-shot eradicate.

I guess a daykill AND a res is a bit too much.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 10:53:44 pm »

Must resist urge to join two games at once...

I'll send a role and join this when I die or NSBM 4 ends.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 02:13:16 am »

Y u no princess? :I
Or in the least, knight errant of the mafia?! D:<

IN. NAO.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 02:47:53 am »

Ding
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33