Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [F2P] Loadout - Create, Customize, Kill!  (Read 3986 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [F2P] Loadout - Create, Customize, Kill!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 11:40:40 am »

In my tests, I found it was better to go with regular full-auto rather than spooled. Once spun up the TTK was lower with spooled, but when I included the spin-up time it was higher. It's been a week or two since I've played so I don't know if they've rebalanced anything or not since I tested that.

I think I was also using the smaller (50) magazines since the 100s took significantly longer to reload - I kept getting killed while reloading them, but not with the 50s.

For lasers, it's not obvious if you're trying to use them the same way as you used your laser rifle, but sniper barrels are effective if you pair them with liquid cooled and semi-auto and either hold the reload/vent key while running around and/or firing, or just rely on the liquid cooled thing to do its vent-super-fast-on-its-own-once-you-stop-firing thing (it doesn't start as soon). Again, I haven't played in a week or two, so they might have 'fixed' that.

(I just completed conducting mouse surgery on my G400 - a cord transplant from a logitech RX1000, because my G400 kept losing connection to my computer, because logitech can make durable mice but not durable cables, apparently)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:47:15 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 12:28:46 pm »

I really wish they had a gun with a higher magazine then 100, or make it possible to use the scattershot in a machinegun.  I want more dakka, in other words.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 12:57:14 pm »

I wasn't aware there were already aimbots made for this game... it hasn't even been out that long.

I really wish they had a gun with a higher magazine then 100, or make it possible to use the scattershot in a machinegun.  I want more dakka, in other words.

I agree, it should be possible to get 200 rounds if you're using gatling barrel and high capacity mag. That said, they completely botched the gatling barrel, there is really no reason to use it, way too many downsides for the ROF bonus.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:07:16 pm by darkrider2 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 03:26:04 pm »

PTW. Sounds awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 07:32:47 am »

Just started playing this, and it's very fun even if it's slow and derpy on my laptop. :)
Basically forced to use scatter barrels just by how laggy it is for me, ahaha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

This game is some genuine fun. Pyro rounds definitely need a debuff, namely making it so rolling will put it out in 1-2 rolls, not the up to 5 I've managed before I was killed from half health by burning.

My preferred loadout is a high-cap pyro light assault rifle, and a charged beam medisniper. It can completely heal someone if I get a full charge off on a teammate. It only gets used once or twice per life, because having to hang back so I can charge up and fire before helping take the objective can be a pain, especially when I miss :P
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 01:16:27 pm »

This game is some genuine fun. Pyro rounds definitely need a debuff, namely making it so rolling will put it out in 1-2 rolls, not the up to 5 I've managed before I was killed from half health by burning.

My preferred loadout is a high-cap pyro light assault rifle, and a charged beam medisniper. It can completely heal someone if I get a full charge off on a teammate. It only gets used once or twice per life, because having to hang back so I can charge up and fire before helping take the objective can be a pain, especially when I miss :P

Flames don't have a set length, the length of the flame depends on the strength of the pyro round that hit you, a sniper round for instance, will burn you to half health, but a single light assault bullet might burn for a second, burning stacks with consecutive hits.

The only way to straight put flames out is to find a health pack lying around (even one a friendly dropped) you can also survive if a friendly heals you through the damage, but heal guns won't stop the fire.

On maps with lots of health packs lying around, pyro weapons lose a lot of their usefulness since the extra damage is D.O.T. and not straight damage (like slug).

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:01 pm »

Rolling helps too. I'm almost certain I've done it, and I heard the devs say as much.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 10:00:07 pm »

I wasn't aware there were already aimbots made for this game... it hasn't even been out that long.

I agree, it should be possible to get 200 rounds if you're using gatling barrel and high capacity mag. That said, they completely botched the gatling barrel, there is really no reason to use it, way too many downsides for the ROF bonus.
well, the internet stíll exists so aimbots exist in pokemon im betting.

also, i challenge you on that gatling barrel, i have regular pulse, normal stock, gatling barrel, iron sights, high capacity and full auto and the thing just sprays hot death around the area.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

Rolling helps too. I'm almost certain I've done it, and I heard the devs say as much.
It says so in one of the splash page's "pro tips". They also mention that Tesla supposedly deals more damage to shields, and Pyro burns cause enemy Beam weapons to overheat more quickly.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »

I can confirm the being-on-fire-overheating thing.

And gatling barrels seemed useless until I got Tesla shots. Now I can just kind of spray in the direction of enemies and hope the electricity arcs to them until they die.

(i'm bad at FPS)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 12:57:00 am »

I challenge you on that gatling barrel, i have regular pulse, normal stock, gatling barrel, iron sights, high capacity and full auto and the thing just sprays hot death around the area.

Well, I haven't really stepped out of regular rifles, and tesla isn't that great in that category, perhaps the magical world of pulse weapons offers me something more...

I didn't know about the rolling thing, neat.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 02:00:51 am »

I'm doing pretty good with a scatter pulse weapon at the moment...
Well, pretty good by my laggy standards. :P Anyone playing right now? I'm Yoinkadelic in-game.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 07:17:59 pm »

I just started playing.  I'm DoctorFluff.

Since I just started I've still got mostly basic stuff.  The thing I've been winning with is a pulse with gatling barrel and laser guidance.  Super high rate of fire with decent damage and pretty much pinpoint accuracy on all but the most oblique-angled targets.

I also have a very basic rocket launcher I occasionally open fights with.  I'm consistently top of my team, I'm starting to wonder what's up with that, I don't normally win games like this, especially not as soon as I start playing.

Okay, game's gotten markedly less fun as time goes on.  The low level missions where everyone has low level stuff is a lot of fun, but once I got a little farther in things started getting shitty.  Every match I get into is halfway over and completely hopeless.  Whether I win or lose every game is one-sided.  Pyro is the only bullet type people use aside from the rare heal bullet.

Bluh bluh bluh.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:10:59 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2]