Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: WIP // Reichgrad - A Surreal Low Tech World War Twist  (Read 18041 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Reichgrad v0.2 - An East Front Inspired Mod (40.02)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 08:10:15 pm »

As far as I can tell, this mod is 40.03 compatible.  At least I haven't had any major problems.  Wouldn't want you to lose any potential fans due to compatibility concerns.

Yeah I mean if all he did was some crash fixes, it should be fine. I was gonna update it when I made these minor fixes you found, I'll prob just do that now.

EDIT: Should be up, Added soft boots, fixed brewing. I'll add socks later or something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:57:23 pm by Vherid »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Reichgrad v0.2 - An East Front Inspired Mod (40.03)
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:15 am »

Thinking about the Civilian faction, I wonder if certain value tags could get them frequently invaded by the Reich and the Soviets.  Maybe values freedom, wealth, and liberty?  That should get them invaded!  Also might be an idea to mod out most of the larger human weapons.

I know for a fact that in order for default humans to be truly playable, they need nobles added.  By which I mean ever single held position, from Monarch to Expedition Leader to Broker.  Hence for the Civilian faction, they need the same.  I spliced in the current Soviet nobles, but you might want something better.  By the way, the current Soviet noble structure probably needs more flavor, as it seems to currently just be the default dwarf structure.  The Party demands order and freedom from the dwarven capitalist structure!   :P

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 05:17:16 am »

Thinking about the Civilian faction, I wonder if certain value tags could get them frequently invaded by the Reich and the Soviets.  Maybe values freedom, wealth, and liberty?  That should get them invaded!  Also might be an idea to mod out most of the larger human weapons.

I know for a fact that in order for default humans to be truly playable, they need nobles added.  By which I mean ever single held position, from Monarch to Expedition Leader to Broker.  Hence for the Civilian faction, they need the same.  I spliced in the current Soviet nobles, but you might want something better.  By the way, the current Soviet noble structure probably needs more flavor, as it seems to currently just be the default dwarf structure.  The Party demands order and freedom from the dwarven capitalist structure!   :P

Yes I haven't touched either noble structure, that's something I have listed as next to do.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 01:30:41 pm »

Just so you're aware, next update for this will be when I make the mod fully rubble-ized, and figure all of that out.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:47 pm »

Well I've put together ideas for the other races, and did some renaming.

Wolfenreich, The first main human faction that follows nazi ideals.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Soyuzgrad, The Second main human faction that follows stalinist ideals.

Enders, The third human race, loners stuck in the middle of the end of the world as they know it.

Vigil, Elven guardians of nature as it stands, ruthless in their defense.

Mekanik, Dwarven lords of industry who emplace powerful weaponry.

Demonyeich, goblin terrorizers armed with weaponry of fear, misery is their only solution.

Stalkers, Thieves and bandits trying to obtain fortune.

####Ammo:
* Bow Ammo
* Bolt Ammo
* Pistol Ammo
* Rifle Ammo
* Shotgun Ammo
* Antimat Ammo

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 07:17:07 pm »

In case you would like to use more proper german:

###Wolfenreich
Melee:
* Knife: Messer
* Sword: Sabel (Säbel or Saebel)
* Club: KriegKeule (Kriegskeule or Krieger Keule)
* Axe: KriegBeil (Kriegsbeil or Krieger Beil)
* Spear: Lanze

Ranged:
* Pistol: Luger
* Rifle: Karabiner
* Shotgun: Sturmkampfer (Sturmkämpfer or Sturmkaempfer)
* Antimat: Solothurn (never heard the word before)

Clothing:
* Field Cap
* Flecktarn Battledress
* Boots

Armor:
* Reich Jager Armor (Leather -- Full Body/Gloves) (Jäger or Jaeger)
* Reich Soldat Armor (Chain -- Torso/Upper Leg)
* Reich Sturm Armor (Plate -- Most Body/Upper Leg/Boots/Gloves)
* Stahlhelm (Plate -- Helm)

Armor can be replaced with Panzer. I think people will get the drift.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 07:21:29 pm »

In case you would like to use more proper german:

###Wolfenreich
Melee:
* Knife: Messer
* Sword: Sabel (Säbel or Saebel)
* Club: KriegKeule (Kriegskeule or Krieger Keule)
* Axe: KriegBeil (Kriegsbeil or Krieger Beil)
* Spear: Lanze

Ranged:
* Pistol: Luger
* Rifle: Karabiner
* Shotgun: Sturmkampfer (Sturmkämpfer or Sturmkaempfer)
* Antimat: Solothurn (never heard the word before)

Clothing:
* Field Cap
* Flecktarn Battledress
* Boots

Armor:
* Reich Jager Armor (Leather -- Full Body/Gloves) (Jäger or Jaeger)
* Reich Soldat Armor (Chain -- Torso/Upper Leg)
* Reich Sturm Armor (Plate -- Most Body/Upper Leg/Boots/Gloves)
* Stahlhelm (Plate -- Helm)

Armor can be replaced with Panzer. I think people will get the drift.

Thanks that is appreciated. Solothurn comes from this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solothurn_S-18/100

I find it to be a more proper/acceptable anti-material rifle than the Pzb

Is personal armor the same word as armor as in tanks? I always thought panzer only referred to tanks.

Furthermore I was starting to think of playing with the whole nazi occult idea and maybe make certain extremists of their idealogies participate in lycanthropy and shit like that, but I'm not fully sure. Might make it an optional thing. There would be other types of magics as well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:27:03 pm by Vherid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »

Panzer or Panzerung means literally armor. A platearmor would be a Plattenpanzer. Another word for it is Rüstung (Ruestung), but I dont think many non-german speaker know it. The Tank/Panzer is named after this word. First came medieval units that are "gepanzert", that are armored, then came the "gepanzerte fahrzeuge", the armored vehicles. They are named after medieval armors.

So your Reich Sturm Armor could be Reichsturmpanzer or Reichsturmruestung. Mind that in German, we write objects always with a capital letter and we make it one word. Battle Axe Merchant = Battleaxemerchant (Kriegsaxtverkäufer).
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:02 pm »

Panzer or Panzerung means literally armor. A platearmor would be a Plattenpanzer. Another word for it is Rüstung (Ruestung), but I dont think many non-german speaker know it. The Tank/Panzer is named after this word. First came medieval units that are "gepanzert", that are armored, then came the "gepanzerte fahrzeuge", the armored vehicles. They are named after medieval armors.

So your Reich Sturm Armor could be Reichsturmpanzer or Reichsturmruestung. Mind that in German, we write objects always with a capital letter and we make it one word. Battle Axe Merchant = Battleaxemerchant (Kriegsaxtverkäufer).

Interesting, also in regards to the second part, I love how that works in the language.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »

It's the same from our point of view. "Battle Axe" ? What, why? Its not a battle, and its not just an axe. Both are words that already exist and have a meaning. But Battleaxe. Now that is a new word. An axe specifically made for battles. that makes sense. :P

Anyway, enough random german. Good luck with the mod. :)

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:17 pm »

Like the direction this mod is going in. Surrealism is highly underrated. Kind of reminds me of that WWI re-imagined as biopunk vs steampunk book (Leviathan?).

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 09:04:38 pm »

Surrealism is highly underrated. Kind of reminds me of that WWI re-imagined as biopunk vs steampunk book (Leviathan?).

I don't know of the work personally, but yes exactly, that is all sort of the idea behind it. I find the sorts of things very intriguing.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

Not terribly familiar with either the Metro or Wolfenstein universes, but I'm interested enough to do some playing in 40.08. A bit barebones right now, but the info you have available on 0.2 is pretty exciting. I did dig up some stuff you might be interested in fixing, however.

First off, I'm fairly confused by the first post; it seems that you've released 0.2, with replacements for every vanilla race and according equipment, but the download link is 0.1 with just the Reich and Soviets. Is it merely an old link? I checked out your github page and didn't see a 0.2 upload, but I'm unfamiliar with the interface and might have simply missed it.

Currently, all of the ranged weapons are craftable from a bowyer's workshop from a single bone or wooden log. Related to this problem, caravan guards can show up with rifles, but don't have any ammo for them. I'd suggest removing the guns from the entity file altogether; while you won't be able to bring them with you on embark or buy them from the caravans, you also won't be able to make them cheaply.

Spoiler: errorlog (click to show/hide)
The new version comes with the HUMANOID_NECK body plan, which is necessary for the throat and 'neck' (actually the upper spine) body parts to connect to. Replace HUMANOID with HUMANOID_NECK and you're good to go. (Don't forget that both the Soviet and Reich creatures have this problem right now.) I'm not terribly familiar with appearance modifiers, but it looks to me like replacing STRAIGHT with LENGTH will solve your problem on that end.

Just a typo in the entity, looks like. This is a creature-level token.

Looks like you got these language files from Igfig's DFLang. I had the same problem with his English translation; you can either delete these words from the NAZI and TOVARISH language files or add them to a new language_words file if you really want to include them.

Not sure if you meant to include a Workbench or not, but it simply isn't in the RAWs anywhere. You also have [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] listed twice on those reactions, although that won't cause any problems.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

Not terribly familiar with either the Metro or Wolfenstein universes, but I'm interested enough to do some playing in 40.08. A bit barebones right now, but the info you have available on 0.2 is pretty exciting. I did dig up some stuff you might be interested in fixing, however.

First off, I'm fairly confused by the first post; it seems that you've released 0.2, with replacements for every vanilla race and according equipment, but the download link is 0.1 with just the Reich and Soviets. Is it merely an old link? I checked out your github page and didn't see a 0.2 upload, but I'm unfamiliar with the interface and might have simply missed it.

You don't really need to be familiar with them, its the idea of them that influences this mod, any sort of real actual connections are rather light. I'd even say the mod almost has more to do with stalker currently.

Also, Sorry, I kept forgetting to update the number at the top of the readme from .1 to .2. If you read the 4th paragraph it states that the two races are the only ones currently included. I have started to lay out plans for the other races and have them listed for feedback reasons.

Currently, all of the ranged weapons are craftable from a bowyer's workshop from a single bone or wooden log. Related to this problem, caravan guards can show up with rifles, but don't have any ammo for them. I'd suggest removing the guns from the entity file altogether; while you won't be able to bring them with you on embark or buy them from the caravans, you also won't be able to make them cheaply.

I'll have to look at the bowyers workshop thing, that's odd. I would like the entity to have the weapons, I would have expected they would have the proper ammo as well, unless that is something that can't really be done with modding currently. If it's a raw issue, that will be fixed. The point of this mod isn't to have guns be this ultimate hard to reach endgame area, the point of the mod is to exhibit raw brutality with violent weapons and races.

The new version comes with the HUMANOID_NECK body plan, which is necessary for the throat and 'neck' (actually the upper spine) body parts to connect to. Replace HUMANOID with HUMANOID_NECK and you're good to go. (Don't forget that both the Soviet and Reich creatures have this problem right now.) I'm not terribly familiar with appearance modifiers, but it looks to me like replacing STRAIGHT with LENGTH will solve your problem on that end.

Just a typo in the entity, looks like. This is a creature-level token.

Looks like you got these language files from Igfig's DFLang. I had the same problem with his English translation; you can either delete these words from the NAZI and TOVARISH language files or add them to a new language_words file if you really want to include them.

Not sure if you meant to include a Workbench or not, but it simply isn't in the RAWs anywhere. You also have [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] listed twice on those reactions, although that won't cause any problems.

Yes at the time I was not aware of the neck changes. I will fix the language issue, thanks for finding that.

As for the other issues, including the neck fix, I plan on converting the mod and continuing forward in development using rubble, which should fix a lot of these issues. Currently I'm just sort of half ass effort learning how to use rubble, and at the same time waiting for updates to it so I can use it. The next update will be a rubble version, and hopefully should hold all the races and things I currently have listed.

In terms of the workbench and just general crafting system for the weaponry, I'm probably going to gut it all out and start from scratch on that as well, so I more fully understand what's going on, and won't have any issues like that.

Thanks though, the more feedback I get, the better.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 03:20:36 pm »

I have started to lay out plans for the other races and have them listed for feedback reasons.
Alright, that's what had me confused in the first place. The revamped steampunk/grimdark entities were what convinced me to download in the first place, so I'm looking forward to their release. However, I am curious; how different are you planning to make the various weapons and armors of each race? Will there be advantages to using, say, a salvaged Mekanik Dthbolt over your own rifles?

I'll have to look at the bowyers workshop thing, that's odd. I would like the entity to have the weapons, I would have expected they would have the proper ammo as well, unless that is something that can't really be done with modding currently. If it's a raw issue, that will be fixed.
There are several hardcoded reactions associated with the weapons and armors in an entity's equipment tags. If you put a [WEAPON:] tag in there, for example, and the weapon uses the Crossbow skill, the game will let you make them from wood and bone at a bowyer's workshop. All armors will be available in metalsmith's forges to make, all ammo can be made out of wood and bone, and so on. Right now, you have the various guns in their respective entity files, which means the game allows you to make them out of silly materials and gives those weapons to generated crossbowmen. However, because you don't have [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SHELL_RIFLE] in the entity files, the game won't give those generated crossbowmen the bullets they need for their guns. Weapons and armor made from reactions will still work perfectly fine, so the best solution (in my humble opinion) is to only place the primitive/simple weapons directly into an entity's allowed equipment, and keep the rest confined to reactions where you can define more complex steps required to make them.

As for the other issues, including the neck fix, I plan on converting the mod and continuing forward in development using rubble, which should fix a lot of these issues. Currently I'm just sort of half ass effort learning how to use rubble, and at the same time waiting for updates to it so I can use it. The next update will be a rubble version, and hopefully should hold all the races and things I currently have listed.
All I know about Rubble is that it's a program that helps you edit RAWs, so the best I can do is wish you luck. While we're talking about workshop rewrites, however, why did you add so many reactions to make weapons? There's a reaction for every melee weapon and weapons-grade material, which really clutters up the Trench Forge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5