Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: 4X/Grand Strategy Game Alliance of the Sacred Suns - Soon On Steam!  (Read 98069 times)

Texashawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy dreamer.
    • View Profile
    • Alliance of the Sacred Suns
Re: 2.4.18 UPDATE! AotSS .6 'Archimedes' EA now ON SALE!!!
« Reply #555 on: February 05, 2018, 01:06:17 pm »

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

It’s actually already pretty moddable. Houses, names, ideas, etc are already moddable. More to come!
Developer of Alliance of the Sacred Suns, nee Imperia. Not Steve Walmsley. But he's great.
Find out more about the game at http://www.allianceofthesacredsuns.com!

Texashawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy dreamer.
    • View Profile
Re: 1.27.19 UPDATE! AotSS .7 'Newton' EA now ON SALE!!!
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2019, 10:59:26 pm »

Just a heads-up, after a lot of development the game is now at the .7 milestone and is about to enter a Kickstarter phase! For more information about what the next few months will look like, please go here: https://allianceofthesacredsuns.com/2019/01/17/now-that-7-is-out-whats-next-a-sneak-peak-of-7s-evolution/

Or of course you could just go to our home page: https://allianceofthesacredsuns.com

Lots has changed, check it out please!

-Steve
Developer of Alliance of the Sacred Suns, nee Imperia. Not Steve Walmsley. But he's great.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2019, 12:50:11 pm »

Looking good, I'll have to pick this up.

Texashawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy dreamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2019, 02:17:10 am »

Looking good, I'll have to pick this up.

Awesome! Love to know what you think. And it's getting weekly updates now, instead of twice a year! :-p

-Steve

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2019, 10:34:26 am »

I'll probably pick it up tonight after work, I'll let you know how it goes.

Texashawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy dreamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 05, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »

Wanted to let everyone know that AotSS just got a major update with a lot of bug fixes, Save and Load capability (finally!), updated Economic options, and a Grand Vizier screen that gives advice and goals, current progress on win/loss conditions, as well as empire issues that you might want to address. It's a great time to pick up AotSS if you've been holding off because of the save/load thing, or because of a lack of direction. It's going to continue to evolve and we're just about ready to start adding the intel system! Check it out! www.allianceofthesacredsuns.com

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5.19 UPDATE! AotSS .7.0.3 Major Update with Save/Load!
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2019, 02:19:57 pm »

Hmm picked this up, reckon the game could use more optimization.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2019, 07:07:15 am »

If you purchase before the kickstarter, does this sale apply after the kickstarter?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Texashawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy dreamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 10, 2019, 08:22:16 pm »

If you purchase before the kickstarter, does this sale apply after the kickstarter?

Probably not. The Kickstarter will have its own price tiers, but the basic support tier will still be $9.99. After that, it will probably go up slightly as the game moves towards .8.

-Steve

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 10, 2019, 09:24:27 pm »

Well, sup.  Bought this a while back, when it was... Archimedes build 1 or something, so yeah.  Time to try the patcher. 

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2019, 04:56:54 pm »

Any plans to go to Steam, maybe as an Early Access title?  These days, I generally get my games through them (although I'm purchasing the current version through your shop).  Plus, it seems that once the game is on Steam, at least some of the marketing is done by Steam.

Plus, Steam makes it so easy as a gamer to just have loaded those games I'm currently playing, then free up space when I'm playing something else.  It a pain to own any titles not on steam these days.

EDIT: I don't see a working save/load feature.  With the game locking up so frequently, its mandatory.  Also, I guess I better dig around the site for the hotkeys, it appears that right/left clicking leads to dead ends.  I haven't gotten to turn two yet.
EDIT2: I found the menu, it can't be accessed until after the first turn.  I've navigated the menus somewhat, but if a window pops up, sometimes it doesn't go away, such as when I mouse over a world where the description isn't done.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2019, 10:16:29 pm »

still playing and occasionally streaming here, I won a free copy off twitter and am still enjoying this game quite a lot

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2019, 10:22:07 pm »

still playing and occasionally streaming here, I won a free copy off twitter and am still enjoying this game quite a lot

Does the save function work for you?

Problems:
1) Save Function says it saves, then game can't find the save game, aka no actual save.  Keeps saying "No valid load"
2) If I accidentally scroll over a planet type without a description, the message "Body Text Not Present" in a textbox NEVER DISAPPEARS.  So I'm stuck with it unless I restart.  And I mean restart, since, as above, no working save/load.

EDIT: Oh, and it freezes when I alt-tab, so I can't even complain about it UNLESS I WANT TO RESTART BECAUSE NO SAVE/LOAD!
EDIT2: Also, the game stops working if you restart too many times, which is frankly inevitable with the above.  Sad, because the game had these problems back when I was playing the free version (although to the developer's credit, I thought he actually fixed these issues, so I'm sorry to see them return).

EDIT3: Confusing/buggy feature: It is possible to remove a planet's viceroy and change with another House's citizen.  However, that previous House still keeps the holding (its just being run by another House).  Working as intended, I imagine (as it allows you to tank a hostile House's holding).  Bug is that if you then can only remove the holding from the House that you gave the Viceroy, not the actual owner (only the Viceroy has the option to remove holding).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 24, 2019, 01:46:22 pm »

Since my last post had so much criticism, I will note that it is a fun game, albeit difficult at the beginning.  I'm looking forward to trying a more successful tyranny run later tonight.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2019, 11:45:04 pm »

Things I know:
-The player can't build anything else without being in range of a Logistics Station
-The player can only build a few things in the systems belonging to other Houses (its not the player's system)
-The player must own the system in order to build anything other than a Logistics Station (some exceptions for other House systems).
-The player can NOT build an outpost in a system without a colony.

Things I don't know (short list):
1) How do I get a colony off the ground?  They don't start with any factories, they need factories to generate build points, they can't build anything without build points.
2) Is there any way to set the viceroy for a colony without the game just picking a random courtier?  I'd hate the fire the guy after he/she/it moves in.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41