Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼  (Read 24833 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼
« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:11 am »

Ghghgh... More irl stuff. Friend hospitalized, gf suffered loss, final exams, sleep deprivation, college preparation, impending homelessness, new fiscal responsibilities w/o parent confidence really, unfriendly school folder setup, much computer troubles, minecrafting, RTD'ing, preparing to graduate, etc. I'm a busy little bee. Don't worry, I still am able to use the remainder of my school day ( that is, when I finish my tests ) to DF. So I have about 2-4 hours a day when I can, and will, be working on this fort. Will have update and hopefully be into the summer. Here's some teasers:

Spoiler: Teasers, with Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Oh yeah... and tragedy.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2014, 10:06:35 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLAUGHTER THE DROWS TO THE VERY LAST ONE!

What was wrong with turn.. can't remember.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2014, 10:12:48 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLAUGHTER THE DROWS TO THE VERY LAST ONE!

What was wrong with turn.. can't remember.

EVERYTHING. * babbles incoherently * I don't know what went wrong with you, but everything epic failed on me. So! Vote to reclaim? Yes or no. ( Much appreciation if Master could put a poll. ) While it's technically possible for me to pull through, at this point I wouldn't count on it. Fort's pretty much dead with as it is,

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2014, 11:19:51 am »

I say reclaim. Also I feel that you should just put me famly in a bunker and let them live their till they die.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2014, 12:48:22 pm »

I say reclaim. Also I feel that you should just put me famly in a bunker and let them live their till they die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »

16th Sandstone: Dumat Sholkik has been possessed!
21st Sandstone: The mysterious illness appears to be inflicting sluggish, confused behavior... Unfortunately the dwarves won't lie down to let the doctors diagnose this illness. I just hope that recovery starts before casualties happen...
26th Sandstone: We've struck garnierite bearing rock. Along with a bunch of nice gems.
27th Sandstone: It's raining dwarf blood, also a Drow shielddancer?
2nd Timber: Building interrupted by Small Acid Blob. FUN.
5th Timber: I've passed a mandate to coat ammo with frozen poision. Should make combat more effective. I was going to do some research into golemification, but we apparently need an anvil. One should be queqed to be made.The illness persists, hence I have research being done into toxicology instead.
8th Timber: Dwarf blood. Drow Shielddancer. Can't find the thing when I actually look for it.
9th Timber: The mayor imposes a ban on the export of large gems. I wonder why.
11th Timber: Since my mandate to encrust ammo with frozen poision hasn't been validated yet, I decided to look

around and see who was the manager. I discovered we didn't have a manager, and as there were no suitable dwarves, I appointed Dan Man's Wife. Also... apparently the sleep quarters are flooded. Let me look into that leak again... Oh

well, at least the mist should be soothing.
13th Timber: Dwarf blood, dwarf blood.
14th Timber: Emtan Dostustubas, hereafter known as Emmet Dustbuscus, has been found dead of dehydration. And.... a Troglodyte hammer lord.
15th Timber: Oh happy happy, joy joy we have an attack of Drow! I guess that's what I get for not making sure the

drawbridge was shut after I let the wrestler in.
16th Timber: Interestingly... our outpost liaison and the Dwarven Caravan are here. And now they're gone again. Our Depot is "inaccessible".
18th Timber: We have been invaded by Drow! I made a huge mistake and kept the gates open and now thirteen or so Drow are zerg rushing in on us. I have ordered all dwarves to flee to the lower levels and am going to build a gate to block their access while I devise a way to slaughter them. I think I've already got it figured out how I'll do it. I just hope it works, I'd hate to have casualties.
20th Timber: Amazing! A second ambush! Where did all these Drow come from all of the sudden? Oh well, at least one

appears to be drowning in the moat. Also the new Drow won't be able to get in, because the gates are closed now.

A particularly suicidal heroic Diagnoser named Gasis Ging is taking on the Drow himself, in direct defiance

of the orders to get underground. He appears to have killed one in methods I do not understand, reducing it to a

cloud of mist and a whole in the ground.

21st Timber: Tragic news... Danman's wife is dead. Noone wants to tell Danman Jr. because he's been really happy lately. One might even say ecstatic.

In less important news, so is a cheesemaker.

23rd Timber: Well, half the fort is dead. The rest are fleeing below ground where I am building a new drawbridge and some fortifications. I have the forges making crossbows and bolts. Once the Drow come for the rest of us, badda-bing, badda-boom.

24th Timber: Lolor Nukadrith gave birth to a baby boy right there in the caverns. Circle of life, eh?

26th Timber: Rigoth Vath has been missing for a week.

27th Timber: More warm stone... There's some huge magma pit around.

28th: More and more missing dwarves.

7th Moonstone: Our level one wizard has transformed into an Arcane Dwarf!

13th Moonstone: Winter progresses, the dwarves are getting used to life in the depths. Since it's an ambush and not a siege, migrants can still enter and will almost immediately be drafted. For now, it's back to square one as we attempt to seal off the lower level and reestablish food sources there. Including a brewing industry. A benefit is that Willedabyss is essentially becoming two separate, independent fortresses in its function, which is good in case of siege. In fact, I've made that my goal. Sorry to those who were expecting me to advance the sciences, because that's just not going to happen. I need to get the population up enough to have two separate militaries, one for the top half, one for the bottom. Oh hey, and if we ever decide to go to the circus, the fort will already be designed so that we can lose the lower half if necessary. I would apreciate it, if you all started considering the caverns and below to be a symbiotic entity to the above caverns. The above caverns is totally in chaos, with at least a dozen drow riding beetles besieging it, mud and blood everywhere, and many corpses making for much miasma.

23rd Moonstone: FIRE! Fire on the stairs into the sealed off area of the fortress, it's spreading taking out the undergrowth on the floor.

STUPID. ASS. DWARVES. THEY ALL MADLY RUSHED INTO THE FIRE, HOPING TO GET AT THE BOOZE UPSTAIRS. OH WELL. ANOTHER 6

ARE DEAD, INCLUDING OUR MAYOR. Now I'm actually going to *LOCK* the doors.

24th Moonstone: It seems a flaming dwarf fled into the cavern where we were about to establish a farm and where our lumber industry was. I believe the drow were the ones to set the fire. So... Mission accomplished for them.

28th Moonstone: NO! DANMAN JR. WAS FOUND DEAD. It appears the fire consumed most of his body.

1st Opal: The fire continues to spread... We're down to 18 dwarves.

4th Opal: Not that it matters... but it's raining dwarf blood.

7th Opal: Are they mad!? People actually chose to migrate here? During a Drow attack!? Well, they're cannon-fodder anyway... Into the military with you.

8th Opal: REALLY!? "The mayor has mandated the production of certain goods" SERIOUSLY!? NOW'S NOT THE TIME NEWBIE.

Well, I guess the item's appropriate at least. He wants a single coffin. Presumably for himself. Way to be a defeatist.

10th Opal: Thus ends the single stupid migrant. Slain by drow. RIP.

11th Opal: It's rainin' Dwarf Blood. Once again it's rainin' dwarf blood. Blah-di-dah-di. If it doesn't stabilize

by the end of the year, I'm'a thinkin' o' abandonin' the fort.

12th Opal: Oh goody! More cannon fodder! Nah... I'm'a just... have 'em.. Like. Build a quick fortification or two.

And live there. If that doesn't work, they'll just be sent after the drow.

Sometimen later:

Wow. First time I ever had migrants flee back the way they came. Smart dwarves. Shame one of 'em was a swordsdwarf.

13th Opal: Op, nevermind. Swordsdwarf is dead.

17th Opal: More migrant. More dead. Dwarf blood. Rain of. The dehydration's kicking in, Nikolia just died of it.

20th Opal: Well... it happened.

As far as things go... coulda been worse. I mean, he coulda went berserk. Also a Diagnoser just died of thirst.

22nd Opal: Inod Deler died of thirst.

25th Opal: Since it's obvious the fort is gone, I'm gonna work 'em to death on the lower dorms. And hey, I might

lift the burrow restrictions and let the drow finish 'em. It's raining Dwarf blood once more.

27th Opal: The mayor's coffin is complete. I wonder why he wants it in the Dining Room though...

28th Opal: Well... it's not enough. The mayor is throwing a tantrum. I hope the tantrum makes a spiral. Should be

fun to washed.

5th Obsidian: Raining dwarf blood.
6th Obsidian: It's raining... actual water! A rain of mercy. Sort of.

16th Obsidian:

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ok, so now we're under siege from antmen. And some other mysterious force... with war tigers. There are like three pages worth of Invaders.

Spoiler: The massive invasion. (click to show/hide)

17th Obsidian: It's raining water. And we're all gonna die. Still, nice weather we're havin'.

24th Obsidian, Goblin Christmas Eve: There is but one dwarf left. The melancholy, suicidal Dumat Sholkik. Noone else remains. 

1st Granite: We succumb to the invasion.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:02:55 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2014, 02:16:38 pm »

Save for you. Reclaim at your convenience. The Master can go next, if not whoever's next.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8554
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]