Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: I'm not saying the release will be soon.. but  (Read 8889 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: I'm not saying the release will be soon.. but
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2014, 11:28:47 am »

This seems to be a pretty comprehensive list of the announced features. There is a lot more this time sites-wise, but nothing Toady has posted about the bugfixes lately seems to relate to them. He's probably past the bulk of the bugginess at this point.

Can't wait to get together some followers and raid a goblin tower.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2014, 03:36:43 am »

For those who are acquainted with release patterns: Are the current batch of bug fix devlogs indicative of quick or slow progress? I cannae wait!
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2014, 05:11:43 am »

This seems to be a pretty comprehensive list of the announced features. There is a lot more this time sites-wise, but nothing Toady has posted about the bugfixes lately seems to relate to them. He's probably past the bulk of the bugginess at this point.
or he hasn't even started because there's so many other bugs.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2014, 09:56:38 am »

or he hasn't even started because there's so many other bugs.
The last 3 devlogs have been only bugfixes?

Also:
Real-world health is all back to normal, which is good. Stopped a problem whereby starting a dwarf adventurer in a deep site sometimes landed you on a mountain top. Broadened adv depot item choice a bit. Fixed some new dwarf mode skill-gain issues (e.g. skills based on spotting sneakers were all out of whack). Fixed a subset of migrants that had broken dreams and values. Patched up markets that had developed some new problems. Along with the bug fixes, there are various checks we're getting through relatively unscathed. For instance, I made myself super-fast and ran just far enough that my companions were offloaded and they were still able to catch up eventually (spending a moment in army form). They also found their way home when I fired them without issues.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2014, 10:03:39 am »

More like the last five or six devlog posts have been him going through his pre-release bug fixes and checks list. Despite a few new stuff cropping up with markets, he is going through his 'issues' text file at a pretty good pace.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:06:57 am by smjjames »

superbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2014, 10:05:42 am »

bugfixes and diarrhea

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2014, 10:09:49 am »

He did say that he has gotten over the stomach virus.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2014, 08:14:22 pm »

The last 3 devlogs have been only bugfixes?
I meant he hadn't started site related bugs.  The post I was replying to mentioned them specifically
More like the last five or six devlog posts have been him going through his pre-release bug fixes and checks list. Despite a few new stuff cropping up with markets, he is going through his 'issues' text file at a pretty good pace.
yes but who's to say how big the issues text file is? (or how many checks there are to get through scathed or unscathed)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:15:55 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 05:21:37 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9twTtXkQNA

(Warning: strong language and mild violence). This is me every time I check the 'is it there yet?' thread.

Edit: its a terrible analogy, and in no way reflects things. But I do for some reason flashback to this scene when I look for a new release.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:23:17 am by Marc Remillard »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]