Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 2704 times)

TurboSlug22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some questions
« on: May 11, 2014, 03:19:49 pm »

Hi guys...

With the new release just around the corner, I'd like to ask about a couple things relating to the new version...

I understand there was some kind of bug in fortress mode relating to necromancer towers not making undead activity around the fort - is that right? Has that been corrected?

Also are the folks who support the LNP here and able to comment on what kind of turnaround time we can expect before we can see a LNP for the new version?

Just wondering...

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »

Not sure what bug you're referring to with necromancer towers. I'm pretty sure they're behaving as intended. And even if there is a bug, it won't be corrected for this coming release.

As for the Starter Pack, here's a quote from the creator via reddit on the subject.
Quote from: PeridexisErrant
Well, to get back to it's current mature state will take a couple of months after the last DF2014 releases for all the utilities to catch up. To be reasonably full of fairly unstable content will maybe take a week. To just chop all the incompatible stuff and upload a bare-bones version? Should take half an hour after I find out about the release (unless I have an overdue essay or something) - there's a fair bit of stuff that should just keep working.
My plan - made last September - is to flip the last starter pack version for 0.34.11 to another DFFD page so that there's a stable beginner's package through all the craziness, and start iterating daily as everyone updates stuff.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.