Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for info on mods or advice on a simpler clothing mod  (Read 2794 times)

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I rather hate the way the layering works in DF,

So I tried to work on it myself with this:

[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_DRESS]
[NAME:Jumpsuit:Jumpsuits]
[UBSTEP:MAX]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:10]
[LAYER_PERMIT:50]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

but they still layering

So my next thought was to have this, and then take out everything else but caps/helms  shoes/socks  gloves/mittens and caps/helms?

and now on to the questions:

will they just layer the jumpsuits then?

will they get neg. thoughts if they only have on the jumpsuit, socks, shoes, mittens, gloves?

is there a mod that already handles this, but doesn't put a ton of other items into the game?

thanx for any help your able to offer.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:20:23 pm by joojoo1975 »

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: looking for info on mods or advice on a simpler clothing mod
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »

I'm not sure jumpsuits will work, because I'm not sure if LBSTEP/UBSTEP and UPSTEP can both be successfully applied in the same object.

However, you should at least be able to get away with just a jumpsuit that does everything but shoes + shoes, if the way you did it doesn't work. Certainly the 2 types of clothing alone would work.

To stop them from using anything else, just add [ARMORLEVEL:1] or whatever that tag is (look at existing armor pieces to double check) to every other piece of clothing in your RAWs except shoes and jumpsuits (or delete the entries entirely for other clothes and any mention of them in the creatures or entities), and they won't have them anymore. Obviously they can't layer stuff that doesn't exist...

You can also remove [CLOTHING] from other races to cut down on dead invader clothing clutter, with no gameplay differences other than invaders being ever so insignificantly more vulnerable to weapons.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:28:26 am »

You need shoes, pants and shirt, regardless of what is actually covered by a jumpsuit or not. 4 items minimum per unit...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:53:33 am »

You need shoes, pants and shirt, regardless of what is actually covered by a jumpsuit or not. 4 items minimum per unit...

yea, spent an hour last night realizing that I needed pants as I was getting spirals because of no pants.

so is this a numbers thing or the game just detects items, and it has to be a minimum of body parts? 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:25:16 am »

Its not numbers, it just needs a clothing piece worn on the bodypart. but a jumpsuit that is worn on the upper body and covers everything, is still just worn on the upper body.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »

So if you modded Dwarves to have a simpler body plan, including a root piece that is simultaneously the UPPERBODY, LOWERBODY and STANCE part, one bit of clothing would suffice.  And it would be a giant sock.  And Dwarves would run out into active battlefields to acquire those socks.

(I don't think that actually works since SHOE seems to be a distinct item type, but it's a fun thought experiment).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

joojoo1975

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:53:13 am »

I hope this gets reworked some time.  I've tried my hand at somewhat modding and conclude, i'm not up to speed :(