Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 43010 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 12: Spoils of the Road
« Reply #390 on: December 28, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »

Sorry for the delay. I was evicted, well, not really evicted more like, "Hey, some people are crashing at my place so I'm going to temporarily seek shelter somewhere else" and I've just gotten back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 13: Redémarrage
« Reply #391 on: January 04, 2015, 02:26:27 am »

Chapter 13: Redémarrage

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Mid-Afternoon

Clutch the GPS to my chest like the prodigal son, open it up to see if it's broken or just needs power.

" Wooooo found some tech that's intact. "
Go to Charlie's to get some ammo.
"Charlie? This guy's got ammo? Maybe I can tag along, see if he has any arrows. Would be nice to get some hunting ones, maybe barbed."

Going to Charlie's if other people go.
"If you're going to trade with Charlie, could ya try to get me a sawed off or somethin?"

Bring the food to the farm. Those guys must be hungry.
At the farm begin crafting a wooden shield and some javelins.

Decado holds the GPS close like it was Sweet Baby Moses, before opening it up to see what it needs. The internal contents reveal that besides being dusty, the GPS is in good condition, and it just lacks batteries.

Kyle and Charles both go over to Charlie's Gun Shack. The place looks dim from the outside, and when they knock they get no response. They look around the place but find no sign of Charlie. Before they can conclude that he's not here, they see him come from the trees behind his shelter, dragging a fresh deer carcass across the ground. When he sees the two of them, he puts the deer down, its head limply smacking the ground. Charlie wipes his bloody hands across his overalls, "You boys got somethin' of interest for me to see?"

Big Joe takes the Cooler back towards the farm, hefting it over there by himself. Eventually, he comes across a trio waiting outside a Barn, which is where the Farm must be and these people must be the other survivors. He deposits the blue cooler on the ground for them to retrieve whatever food and drink they need.

Sit at a reasonable distance as the barn ventilates. Open the doors if it's not ventilating.
Check wind direction by the finger-licking method. If it's towards the barn, go open the doors on the other side, then return. This should speed up ventilation and keep the stench away from us.
Look for the others.

Majikthise sits on a tree stump away from the barn, while Alejandro checks the pattern of the wind. All things considered, it looks like the ventilation process is working, and that the stench should eventually filter out of the barn, though the physical matter is still going to remain until it is removed one way or another.

John keeps an eye out for anyone else, and he sees a large man come up to the Farm, who drops a whole Cooler in front of everyone. Judging by this action and the man relaxing in their presence, John assumes that he must be part of the group.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jason Cadwell (Beirus) (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 04, 2015, 02:32:24 am »

Kyle pulls out the magazine.
"Sure do! Found it up at the university."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 04, 2015, 03:47:17 am »

FOOD
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 04, 2015, 02:15:00 pm »

"Yah, and we where wondering if you have any spare .40 rounds."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2015, 03:10:23 pm »

"Well, ya need anything?"
Let the hungry people eat.

If no one needs anything else then Joe goes to pay his respects to old William then relaxes for a while.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:43:06 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:50 pm »

FOOD
To clarify: Alejandro ravenously assaults the cooler, but stops before being declared a glutton.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2015, 11:42:46 pm »

((Hey TCM, did Jason go to Charlie's as well?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2015, 12:14:41 am »

Eats!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 06, 2015, 12:23:47 am »

((Hey TCM, did Jason go to Charlie's as well?))

Yeah, forgot to include that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2015, 05:11:06 am »

Feast. While keeping in mind rationing, of course. Enjoy what I can have.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »

Clean it up then get something to eat and drink.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 14: A Moment of Relaxation
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2015, 12:24:49 am »

Chapter 14: A Moment of Relaxation

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Late-Afternoon

Kyle pulls out the magazine.
"Sure do! Found it up at the university."
"Yah, and we where wondering if you have any spare .40 rounds."

Kyle and Charles offer up the magazine they had acquired at the university. Charlie takes the magazine, flips through the pages. He pulls out the centerfold, concentrating as if he were a professional art critic looking at a museum exhibit. He closes the magazine, "3 .40 Clips for this. Do we have a deal?"

Jason finds his way towards Charlie. Before he can join up with Kyle and Charles, Charlie, without hesitation or even turning his head, draws a six-shooter from his pocket and discharges it, a bullet hitting the road about a foot in front of him. Jason instinctively stops running. Charlie looks at him and then back at his trading partners, who don't seem very pleased. "Oh sorry, is he with you?"

FOOD
Let the hungry people eat.

If no one needs anything else then Joe goes to pay his respects to old William then relaxes for a while.

Eats!
Feast. While keeping in mind rationing, of course. Enjoy what I can have.
Clean it up then get something to eat and drink.

Alejandro, John, and Majikthise, all nearly delirious from malnutrition and dehydration, (in actuality, they have closer to mild headaches but it sure feels worse,) dig into the wonderful rations of the Supply Cooler. Bread, fruits, water, all heartily consumed. Thank goodness for canned food. [-3 FS/WS, Group Needs Sated]

After Big Joe distributes the food, he heads over to Old Will's grave, not much more than a pile of rocks and a marking in the ground, but he was there for the group in the beginning, helping until his old heart gave out. After paying off his respects in silence, Joe props himself up against a nearby tree to get some well-timed rest.

Decado doesn't rest, he's busy at work cleaning out his GPS. He brushes all the dust and dirt away with his sleeve, and then blows out the interior. It's a simple way of doing things, but it's the best he can do without proper cleaning tools.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jason Cadwell (Beirus) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:10:24 am by TCM »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2015, 12:28:06 am »

Kyle looks over at the almost shot man.
"If you aimed higher he wouldn't be. But that pun takes to long to think about. Yeah, he's with us."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 14: A Moment of Relaxation
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2015, 12:58:07 am »

"Well, It's starting to get late. We might want to start preparing a place to sleep. The farmhouse seems logical, as cleaning up the barn would take too long and smell too bad at the moment. Any objections?"

Alejandro goes to the farmhouse and looks for beds/beddings and/or materials to make some. If necessary, he tries to lay more beddings upstairs so that there is a total of at least 6 beds/beddings.

Old Will's grave, not much more than a mound of dirt
((Should be a pile of rocks since we entombed him, although that probably won't matter much.))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30