Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 15: Preparing for the First Night  (Read 42310 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 1: Sign
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2014, 02:45:05 pm »

((To me, it looks like EVERYONE is gonna be in the city at some point, just one is skirting the outskirts.

Frankly, I think the mainstreet group is gonna swing down to the uni.
Afterall, just look at the map of the place on googlemaps/yahoomaps/bingmaps/whateverplaceyougetyourmapsmaps.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ensanglanté Gymnopédies~ Chapter 2: Exploration
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2014, 01:09:44 am »

Chapter 2: Exploration

~Day 1~
May 5th, 2018
Time: Early Morning

Go with the group to the left (toward the fields) before the technicalities bog us down further.
Stick with the group, go left.
Not sure if I've posted an action yet, so I'm heading to the fiedls.

With preliminarily decisions made, the group splits off into two, one heading left towards the fields while the other would continue down the main road. At this time, the road group has claimed the cooler, while Charles hands a Walkie Talkie off to Majikthise, so that both parties can continue to communicate. With the hand-off of items, both groups go their separate ways.

The fields are dead, the remains of crops scattered onto the fertile soil like a reminder of what could have been. On the bright side, it seems that the decayed crops have converted into fertilizer in some of the fields, producing a rich, loamy soil, something
William can tell with a quick glance. This has produced the by-product of several species of weed attempting to overtake the outer perimeter of soil, knots of thick green weed plants having infiltrated several of the fields.

There is a dirt path through the fields, and after passing a dozen or so fields on each side of the path, the ground begins to slope downward gradually, marking the end of the fields. Where the slope bottoms out stands a barn, rusted and closed. A bit past the barn in the distance is a two-story house, and even farther is a house behind a set of trees that the group can barely make out as it stands on their visible horizon.

"Why are you going down the road leading to the university? If we're going someplace we might as well go somewhere that will have supplies.
Go down Main St.
Go into town to provide cover, give a radio to Harry
"If people are going right, they might as well have cover. Keep in touch, and if you break it I will make you fix it."
Go with the town group to gather supplies.
Shit. Down the street, then.
I think street
Help to carry cooler, and follow with them.

The majority of the party claims themselves as the forward "street" group, fanning out to head down Monticello's main road to see what they can find. Big Joe carries the essential Water/Food Cooler, though Cromwell helps to carry it, allowing each of the men to maintain a single free hand.

The trek down the asphalt begins. The road seems particularly devoid of cars for the most part, though perhaps the town was evacuated quickly, or some other routes were more popular. The few cars that do appear are mangled beyond repair, with anything of value at all having already been stripped. What's more interesting is the section that the group finds ahead as the sun rises in the sky, providing them with a series of choices to make:

Directly in front of them is a series of low-income, small squat houses next to the road, each white and completely like its neighbors. Further on up the road is some sort of construction building, as a vehicle, unmistakably a Construction Crane, lays dormant by its front. These are the closet options, but the signs indicate what is to come ahead. One of them is a remnant of an advertisement, the only readable words being GUN STORE. Another sign says that University Drive will be the next left, and further in, the main street will finally merge into the town after a few miles.

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jane Stone (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Joe Davidson (NAV) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:57:04 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2014, 01:13:39 am »

"I say we continue on this way. Survivors have an odd way of showing up in low income areas."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2014, 02:05:53 am »

"This is looking good so far. Check for signs of life, guys."

Is there a well around? Does the house or the surrounding area look in any way inhabited? Can corpses be seen anywhere?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2014, 08:12:18 am »

"Signs of life, sure."

Unless it's obviously dangerous, walk up to the barn and knock on the door. If nobody answers, slowly open the door and look inside.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:17 am »

"This here's lush, fertile lan'. Ah think we c'n make a houm here. Firs', we may wanna check th' house, t'make sure no one else has. Not likely, giv'n the fields' state, but can' hurt, righ'?"

Help check the barn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:47 am »

"This here's lush, fertile lan'. Ah think we c'n make a houm here. Firs', we may wanna check th' house, t'make sure no one else has. Not likely, giv'n the fields' state, but can' hurt, righ'?"

"First we'll need to dig a deep hole in the ground to check what's really going on down there. It looks good from up top, but you never know."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2014, 08:48:19 am »

((There's a mistake in my characer sheet: I'm supposed to have -- to strength, not ++. I wouldn't complain, but I prefer a fair game.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2014, 08:57:16 am »

((There's a mistake in my characer sheet: I'm supposed to have -- to strength, not ++. I wouldn't complain, but I prefer a fair game.))

Thank you for your honesty~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2014, 12:09:18 pm »

Walk toward the low-income houses
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2014, 12:19:48 pm »

Follow them along, pick up a data tablet if I spot one in the wreckage and tinker with it to try and fix it so I can use it to design things. Or look for any scrap I could use in building one myself.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:31:48 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2014, 12:27:34 pm »

Follow them along, pick up a data tablet if I spot one in the wreckage and tinker with it to try and fix it so I can use it to design things.

The cars are totally wrecked, and that means that there's nothing left in there besides rusted and dilapidated parts. Unless you're going for scrap, there's nothing you could obtain from them. Whenever I mention something is devoid of values upon being looked at/searched, it means there's quite explicitly nothing, so you don't have to worry about searching every single ruined car you come across. Even something like a Toothbrush or Stick of Deodorant counts as something of value, so you certainly wouldn't miss something of such preciousness like a Tablet if you happened to come across one.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2014, 12:29:44 pm »

This is for as we move on, we'll pass through ground we haven't searched yet so might come across something as we go. I figured I'd have better odds in future if I look for something specific. I did edit it though to include looking for scrap parts I might be able to frankenstien together into something interesting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:36:21 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »

....You aren't gonna build a tablet out of scrap from rusting cars.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2014, 01:05:45 pm »

We're passing shops as well, that means computer systems for check outs, inventory management, online orders and so on. I can Frankenstien a tablet together out of old computer systems if I find the right parts.
We might even pass an old computer shop.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30