Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Dorven Realms, a Dwarf Fortress-Based Minecraft Terrain Generator.  (Read 182988 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Dorven Realms, a Dwarf Fortress-Based Minecraft Terrain Generator.
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2019, 08:13:55 am »

Well, nothing so far has worked, and the very oldest versions of Minecraft crash upon loading. Does anyone here know if there’s any other way to load a DF world into MC? And I’ve tried putting the Heightmap into worlainter, it won’t work. If you can find anything, I would be very, very grateful.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2019, 01:36:32 pm »

Well, nothing so far has worked, and the very oldest versions of Minecraft crash upon loading. Does anyone here know if there’s any other way to load a DF world into MC? And I’ve tried putting the Heightmap into worlainter, it won’t work. If you can find anything, I would be very, very grateful.
the MC mod is made for MC 1.7
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2019, 09:35:07 am »

Yeah, since the Minecraft Launcher’s changed so much, the world generation has changed for all versions of Minecraft, so it seems that no matter what is done, Dorven realms as it stands today no longer works.
*Cries a bit*
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2019, 11:06:08 am »

Idea is good, but minecraft need special mod for dwarf fortress plants and creatures.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2019, 12:11:05 pm »

Idea is good, but minecraft need special mod for dwarf fortress plants and creatures.
Well, it didn’t spawn in creatures or plants, it left that up to the Minecraft generation.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2019, 12:30:00 pm »

Well, it's up on github if anybody wants to take a stab at fixing the issues.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2019, 12:41:42 pm »

Well, it didn’t spawn in creatures or plants, it left that up to the Minecraft generation.
Minecraft generator sucks. Can you make more tools for comparison minecraft with DF?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2019, 04:17:45 pm »

as i already suggested: a MC DF total conversion.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2019, 05:06:55 pm »

Total conversion is good, but DF have a lot of content. Needs automatic converter like Dwarf Portrait.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2019, 06:36:08 am »

Total conversion is good, but DF have a lot of content. Needs automatic converter like Dwarf Portrait.
making it a total conversion would allow it to create a world converter that contains lots of content directly made for that Mod so all the DF specific things aren't lost, but instead shown by MCmod content.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2019, 03:47:44 pm »

making it a total conversion would allow it to create a world converter that contains lots of content directly made for that Mod so all the DF specific things aren't lost, but instead shown by MCmod content.
So, will you make this mod?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2019, 05:07:28 pm »

So, will you make this mod?
i can beraly change some MC textures.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2019, 04:40:52 pm »

I am a little-very late to this party but I have something relevant to say.

Yeah, since the Minecraft Launcher’s changed so much, the world generation has changed for all versions of Minecraft, so it seems that no matter what is done, Dorven realms as it stands today no longer works.
*Cries a bit*
This still works for 1.7.10-1.10.2 if you take the generated "region" folder and replace the "region" folder of a save. You can even "Generate a new world", save+quit immediately afterward,  do the replacement right then, and it will be consistent regardless of "world seed". If the region change puts you(edit:or your spawn point) within solid blocks you may suffocate and die, try not to.

It might work beyond 1.10.2 but I haven't tested between it and 1.14.4(which I know doesn't work). In 1.14.4 the world seems to follow the "world seed" even if you replace the "region" folder.

Edit: So I only just noticed the level.dat that is also generated ::)
You can just make a new folder in your minecraft saves, place the level.dat and region within, and load up this new save(it'll have the name DorvenRealms gave it) instead of overwriting one. Doing it this way also makes minecraft give you a viable spawn point.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:45:01 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]