Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Rise in Revolution (6/6) (Send in some sheets. Total might be expanded.)  (Read 6978 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

It's been twenty-three years since Earth fell.  Twenty years since they tore the last of us from our planet, forcing us into their industrial complex to feed their ever growing empire and eliminated our system from existence.  They wanted to break our spirit, and after they saw our sheer determination and how great our will to refuse to go down was, even with our religions shattered in the face of what was inexpiable and believed to be impossible, the major powers broken down to dust, and hundreds of millions killed, they saw it as the only option.  They thought we were done, finished, broken utterly.  How wrong they are.

Humanity was not the first race enslaved by the Collective, there was the Valdorans, the Kal'vish, and the Rilker to name a few, but it had put up the greatest fight against being defeated, lasting for the better part of two decades, far outlasting the Traviks who lasted a measly eight years.  With the destruction of their world, humanity's drive did not fall to nothing, as the Collective had thought.  Instead, it became hid itself, festering and growing within the dark.  As the years passed, which were only measured in approximates by the humans since the loss of their world, the race of humanity slowly formed into groups of rebels, some of the more bold of the other races, spurred by the drive of humanity joining the groups as well.

On one of the planets, which, to the mild amusement of the humans, was named Prometheus, the groups were in a higher concentration than what most other worlds had, thanks to a few of the highest members of the collective looking away during the early days when small amounts of materials went missing from the city-worlds continual output of various supplies for the conquest of further worlds upon the front lines.  While later there were crackdowns by the officials who realized what was to come, enough had gotten to the underbelly of the city, where the humans and the other relatively recently conquered peoples were housed that a fairly long series of a conflicts could possibly be pulled off by a few groups of rebels.  Possibly being able to last long enough that a full out revolution would begin, the entirety of the oppressed slaves of the Collective being able to rise in revolution...

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Signup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spectacular at what a fairly arbitrary avatar change, Rise by Skillet, and Revelation by Black Veil Brides can produce.  Isn't it?

Anyway, I'll cobble together some images for the resistance home base when I have a suitable number of players.  Then I'll make a post detailing a walkaround of the base as well as the supplies available and a few missions you can go on.  Only thing on your sheet you don't fill out will be inventory, since that will start out empty (you will have civilian clothes, though those aren't tracked in the inventory because you will be wearing them when you don't have anything else on.  Exception being if the race you are a part of doesn't wear clothing).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:36:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise in Revolution (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »

Place Holder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:20:06 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »

Presumably we can abandon mission arcs if we feel it appropriate? Such as finding out a sabotague mission might be too risky, or simply being content with sabotaging a thing without feeling the need to risk an assault?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:14:27 pm by Loud Whispers »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 05:40:34 pm »

((Let the my gorilla start guerrilla warfare ASAP!))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:55:07 pm by 3man75 »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 05:45:24 pm »

Bubku should not taunt the collective, it carriers bigger and sharper sticks to poke us back with.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »

Presumably we can abandon mission arcs if we feel it appropriate? Such as finding out a sabotague mission might be too risky, or simply being content with sabotaging a thing without feeling the need to risk an assault?

There are rewards for each mission, but completing an arc unlocks a big one, but you don't have to worry about completing the whole thing yourself, since the players aren't the only members of the group your characters are a part of.  If not a single player decides to go on a mission, a couple NPCs will, but the result of an entire mission will be determined by a single roll.  I should note, there are going to be times when an NPC or a group of them will want to act a support, but only if there are only one or two going on a mission that might require more.

Oh, forgot to mention, the more you put into a backstory, the higher the chance I'll give you a few additional skills.  Just make sure to keep in mind that, while there may have been some criminal organizations before, the thoughts of rebellion were basically nonexistant until the humans came along.  Also, the Rilker have been a part of the Collective for around 500 'years', the Traviks have been in it for around 375 'years', and the Valdorans and Kal'vish have been in it around 260 'years'.

((Let the my gorilla start guerrilla warfare ASAP!))

Don't worry, some Arcs will have already been started, so there are going to be those options.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:51 pm »

Bubku should not taunt the collective, it carriers bigger and sharper sticks to poke us back with.

Ill fix that to make him more quet since basically his "spirit" has been broken to the point where he wants blind revenge and just doesn't care about himself anymore.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »

Well I'm not a fighting man so I plan to focus most of my efforts on setting up resistance cells, supplies, minor missions and so on. Get our army building up and experience while the players better suited to fighting handle the big stuff.

I'm still working on the bio the current bit is just the bare bones.

Idealistic youth combined with the humans resistance.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 05:58:48 pm »

Added "Age:" to the signup and the average lifespan to the various races.  Please adjust accordingly.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Think the math is right.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:27:18 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 06:07:17 pm »

Well I'm not a fighting man so I plan to focus most of my efforts on setting up resistance cells, supplies, minor missions and so on. Get our army building up and experience while the players better suited to fighting handle the big stuff.

I'm still working on the bio the current bit is just the bare bones.

Idealistic youth combined with the humans resistance.

Always needed but every baseball team needs a strong bat.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 06:20:51 pm »

Works for me, I'll organize the mooks and gather supplies then you can kick down the door. The most important bit short term is going to be establishing a secure supply route into the pits to get equipment to the humans and securing others of my species to help me work above the lower levels.
Caine's law.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 06:40:58 pm »

Hmm, Engineer, Spy, Fighter and Recruiter/Admin. A well balanced group so far.
Caine's law.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »

Hmm, Engineer, Spy, Fighter and Recruiter/Admin. A well balanced group so far.

I agree.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 06:57:08 pm »

Have to wait and see what we get for the last 2 now. Out of curiosity though before we start. Anything specific any of you want me to try and acquire in terms of men or supplies?

I know what I need to do my job and what I want to accomplish for myself but that's my secondary role, primarily my role is to ensure the rest of you have what you need to do your jobs. I know player needs explosives, tools and building supplies. I know you need weapons, armor and fighters and that Whsipers needs spies, money and light conealable weapons but that's just the obvious stuff.
Caine's law.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5