Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

this poll is null

void
nada
non

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD Deathmatch 2.0! Team A has won!!  (Read 103602 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD Deathmatch 2.0! The Emperor Needs You!
« Reply #1095 on: November 06, 2014, 09:57:30 pm »

Action for Blitzy, since he's done this the past couple turns: defend the prince!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD Deathmatch 2.0! The Emperor Needs You!
« Reply #1096 on: November 07, 2014, 07:48:05 am »

Flophouse Wraith roused his men into offensive. "Protect thyself, people! Just a little more and we shall repel them!" Prince shouted in response to that.

In the meanwhile, Sir Brenzen's squire defended one of the marksmen, just as Sir Hansan V tried to kill Prince Salem; alas, Iron Dwarf was long awaiting an enemy to intercept. Even with Sir Hansan's ferocity, Iron Dwarf managed to repel his attack, fulfilling his duty to the Prince.

That Guy Over There began defending Prince Salem in Iron Dwarf's place; just as a bolt sailed past! But Prince Salem had lots of luck; the bolt struck into his shield. Few centimeters to the side and it might've struck his arm instead.

Iron Dwarf then began defending Prince Salem as well; together with That Guy Over There they formed something akin to a wall.

Then, Stabs McHurt ran toward one of hte men that had intentions of killing Prince Salem - Slax the Untrustworthy was the most suspicious! But Sir Brenzen's squire was right there; with his own plate armor and shield, he managed to block every of the sting-like strikes Stabs McHurt had thrown at the squire.

But that left Slax without protection! Darth Klaus came upon the crossbowman, who had only a trusty dagger for defense. However, it was just enough - his opponent wasn't very bound on offensive, after all, there was a Prince to protect; this allowed Slax the Untrustworthy to get out of the skirmish without a wound.

Moments later, Skirmisher Kia took aim at one of the marksmen that so fervently tried to kill Prince Salem. The arrow sailed through the air... and struck Stereotype Man in the guts! The pain from the wound was almost unbearable; without chainmail, it might've been outright lethal!

"Fight! Fight for Free Yer-" With a sickening, squishy sound, a bolt struck Prince Salem in the way, piercing the brain! The force of the strike knocked Prince Salem onto his back; the axe fell to the ground, the shield clattered on a rock, and Prince Salem breathed his last.

Prince Salem has been killed - Team A is Victorious!

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Prince Salem! Prince Salem is dead! The soldiers of Yerusalea cried in panic, terror and disbelief; their hope, their only hope against the battlemasters of Palatine has been slain. The battle raged on for several hours but Yerusaleans only received heavier and heavier losses, and Palatinean army claimed victory over the remaining few hundred that scattered chaotically as the evening drew close.

That was also the end of Yerusalean war for freedom. Several more battles occured, but none were even close to achieving what this one could. Armies of Palatine seized land after land until siege of Yerusalean capital begun. It lasted three weeks, before the gates fell. The citizenry was decimated and the Yerusalean royal family slaughtered; nor infants nor maidens were spared.

Yerusaleans paid even higher price; no longer they were treated as a vassal, but as a province of Palatinea itself. Local landlords were replaced by Palatinean officials or collaborative puppets. Within few decades, the culture and beliefs were slowly changed for those cultivated by Palatine. Yerusalea, as it were in the past, have ceased to exist.

The failed rebellion echoed thorough the other parts of the Empire; those who were going to rebel alongside Yerusalea dissappeared whilst those unsure renewed their loyalty to the all-mighty conquerors.

It would take several centuries for Palatine to grow weak, decay and fall to the outside forces, but, that is material for another story...

What was the end of the participants of the battle:
Palatine soldiers that took part in the battle were decorated; Slax the Untrustworthy, who has dealt the killing blow to the prince, has been knighted and given land and married one of the daughters of an influential Palatine theocrat.

The soldiers of Yerusalea has been treated excruciatingly harshly. That Guy Over there; drawn and quartered. Iron Dwarf, gutted and left for the ravens. Stabs McHurt; fed to starving wolves. Darth Klaus; impaled on a spear. Skirmisher Kia; captured and beheaded after the battle.

---

Good game everyone! I actually did the math of the last attack three times just to be sure, but apparently RNG decided that rebels should fail. Not gonna question the allmighty number generator :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:56:14 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD Deathmatch 2.0! Team A has won!!
« Reply #1097 on: November 07, 2014, 08:20:40 am »

Yeah!!!

A truly great game, thanks everyone for fighting with/against me! Let's hope that sequel would be even bloodier!

P.S. The totally untrustworthy mercenary walked into the fray, let loose one (!) bolt - and received empire-wide fame, knighthood and a perfect marriage on top. I almost feel sorry for Palatines that truly did the deed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:30:07 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 07, 2014, 08:58:56 am »

And then I realize that Sir Brenzen's squire has been alive for more than 20 pages.

Good game, all.  All I did was defend people and inflict like one damage to the prince.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:24 am »

When I first looked through the turn, I was so happy, I thought it was me who dealt the killing blow. But, alas, I didn't. And I guess Stereotype Man goes be stereotypical somewhere else while being generally useless. Gee-gee.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 07, 2014, 09:20:57 am »

Well, just in time to be useless. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 07, 2014, 09:26:16 am »

Also, 10/10 would play again.  Can I ask anyone to shoot me a pm when the next deathmatch starts, I probably won't check the RTD area often enough to notice it.

Well, just in time to be useless. :p
Actually, you didn't arrive at all, the only injured player on our turn was stereotype man and he didn't die.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 07, 2014, 09:38:52 am »

Jolly good, a single member of the illustrious House Flop has survived to spread the good gibberish in not particularly free Yerusalea. And he even contributed a little to the battle! Not as much as, say, the original Lee Harvey Flophouse, but a bit, you know?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 07, 2014, 09:47:57 am »

Hm. Now I have seen what happens when neither team tries to optimize their damage output per turn: the game goes on and on and on until even Haspen, the GM equivalent of an Energizer bunny, starts to get tired.

GG, everyone.

@Haspen: I like that you tied the action order directly to the players' list; it made things neater, far easier to calculate odds that way. Too bad it wasn't mentioned anywhere; lots of people wasted their turns trying to Defend even though their action came after the attack they tried to block.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:52:06 am by HmH »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 07, 2014, 10:04:27 am »

Defending continues on till defender's next turn, tho v:
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 07, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

Say, what happened to the rest of us?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 07, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

Say, what happened to the rest of us?

All other Team A people got well paid after victory and had nice if not a little boring lifes afrerwards. The end :v
SigFlags!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 08, 2014, 06:03:16 am »

Aww, I didn't get to bring out the rest of the references. Oh well, t'was a good game anyway, so congratulations to those on Team A, I guess :v
Bah, I'l continue with the rest of them in the next installment, just you wait..

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]