Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pantheon Script (alpha released)  (Read 8615 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Putting the Pantheon to Work (collecting ideas)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 02:30:07 am »

It'll be revived.  I'm just busy at the moment.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Script (alpha released)
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 09:01:58 am »

Revived!

An alpha version has been released.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 12:16:29 pm »

I get this error when I run the script:
Code: [Select]
...ents\Downloads\df_34_11_win_r5\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:6: module 'fov' not
found:
        no field package.preload['fov']
        no file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\Downloads\df_34_11_
win_r5\hack\lua\fov.lua'
win_r5\hack\lua\fov\init.lua'
        no file '.\fov.lua'
win_r5\fov.dll'
        no file '.\fov.dll'
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'require'
        ...ents\Downloads\df_34_11_win_r5\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:6: in main c
hunk
        (...tail calls...)
DFhack r5, Windows
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 01:10:27 pm »

I get this error when I run the script:
Code: [Select]
...ents\Downloads\df_34_11_win_r5\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:6: module 'fov' not
found:
        no field package.preload['fov']
win_r5\hack\lua\fov.lua'
win_r5\hack\lua\fov\init.lua'
        no file '.\fov.lua'
win_r5\fov.dll'
        no file '.\fov.dll'
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'require'
        ...ents\Downloads\df_34_11_win_r5\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:6: in main c
hunk
        (...tail calls...)
DFhack r5, Windows

Odd.  I don't get that error.  But it shouldn't make any difference, since fov isn't actually used.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 01:42:09 pm »

What DFHack version are you using?
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 02:08:10 pm »

Whichever one comes with Masterwork.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »

That's r4. I'm using the new r5. You might want to test it in that.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 11:29:58 am »

Since Meph pointed this out in the masterwork updates thread, and in particular pointed out that you were looking for sphere suggestions, I've gone and made a bunch of suggestions.  All spheres from A-I now have something suggested for them.  Asterisks indicate my suggestions, as opposed to your (already implemented?) ideas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 03:07:44 pm »

I'm just here to say that this is a really awesome idea. And thank you IndigoPhoenix for working on it. I will try to contribute something as soon as I am not busy with work anymore.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:19 am »

This mod adds a new dimension to the game: making the gods get up off their lazy bums and do something.

You build an altar in fortress mode, consecrate it to a god worshiped by your civilization, and then pray or sacrifice items to improve your merit and increase the belief level of your citizens.  When your merit and belief is high enough, the god may intervene on your behalf.  Every sphere will have a different effect on gameplay, so choose your idols with care.  A god of metals may increase your smelting efficiency, while a god of agriculture may increase crop yields, a god of chaos may cause your enemies to fight among themselves, and a volcano god is likely to be a lot of !!fun!!

It's still pretty experimental right now.  Not all gods have a logical effect, but many do.

To install it, place the building_pantheon and reaction_pantheon files into the raw folder, copy and paste entity_pantheon_clip into your entity file, and place pantheon.lua into the dfhack scripts folder.  The script must be running in order to work.

0.1 alpha: The altar building, consecration, prayer, and sacrifice reactions are active.  Some spheres are active.  If nothing else, all deities can smite enemies by slamming them into the ground.

Download Link

Spoiler: Existing effects (click to show/hide)

I really love this idea. Reminds me of the way Gods work in Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom and ADOM.

What do you think of introducing some negative effects as well?
1. Always turned on: You have to build an altar and make some offerings - otherwise the God will be angry with you.
Starting value could be set to Happy to provide some help in case a new fort needs it

2. Is there some way in which the user / fort can ASK for direct intervention (ADOM-style). this could be useful in a pinch for attacks / seiges and also provide a economy-oriented method of defense by requiring the user to sacrifice substantial amounts of goods, etc.

You could also have settings so that negative effects from the Masterwork GUI (I understand that it is included there):
1. Only occur if the altar is built.
2. Never occur

This will keep everybody happy.

Otherwise, great idea and implementation.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 04:44:35 am »

I do plan on adding negative effects.  Basically, each god will have two stats: a power level (determining what they can do) and a happiness level (determining how much they want to help you).  Worship raises both; if you don't build an altar in the first place all gods will have a power level of 0 so they won't do anything, good or bad.  If you stop praying, they will get upset and harm you, but if you outlast the negative effects their power level will gradually wither away to nothing.

Of course getting the numbers balanced out will be tricky, but this is the plan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »

I havent seen many effects ingame, but I wanted to ask if it is in any way harmful if I add extra products to the reactions.

The current ones you posted dont give any XP, so people pray and pray, and never get better at it. A few boiling rocks on it would help, but I dont know if that affects the reaction in any way. With spatter_add it would crash the game, while extra products on buildingupgrade run the script twice, so I wanted to make sure.

I would just add 100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:KNOWLDEGE_STONE, a harmless boiling rock I usually use for XP generation.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 04:35:37 pm »

I havent seen many effects ingame, but I wanted to ask if it is in any way harmful if I add extra products to the reactions.

The current ones you posted dont give any XP, so people pray and pray, and never get better at it. A few boiling rocks on it would help, but I dont know if that affects the reaction in any way. With spatter_add it would crash the game, while extra products on buildingupgrade run the script twice, so I wanted to make sure.

I would just add 100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:KNOWLDEGE_STONE, a harmless boiling rock I usually use for XP generation.

No, I don't think it would matter.  The only effect the product has is that if the first product is INORGANIC:NONE, the reaction will generate smoke when used.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 05:48:21 pm »

Alright, I'll add some knowledge stones on it. :)

All spheres seems difficult to do btw, the wiki states that if I specifically add one sphere, the opposite spheres are automatically disabled. FIRE vs WATER for example, or LIGHT vs DARK. I just made no references to spheres at all in the entity file, just adding RELIGION:PANTHEON. Hopefully that makes humans worship all gods potentially.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:16 am »

If I understand correctly, those preclude relationships refer to the gods themselves, that is, you will never have a single deity associated with both fire and water, but a civ can worship both.  Giving no specifications should work too though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3