Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pantheon Script (alpha released)  (Read 8616 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Pantheon Script (alpha released)
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 03:06:37 am »

Choosing a religious sphere will automatically make its opposing sphere not possible for the species to have: adding WATER, for example, means the species will never get FIRE as a religious sphere
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 05:53:21 am »

I did ran 4 altars to 4 different gods, raised the merit high by using fastdwarf, so lots of praying gets done... after a while, I get these:

Code: [Select]
...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:463: attempt to inde
x global 'unit' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:463: in function 'getRandomUnit'
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1604: in function 'dailyEffect'
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1639: in function 'update'
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1652: in function <...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1652>
[DFHack]#
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 07:56:27 am »

I did ran 4 altars to 4 different gods, raised the merit high by using fastdwarf, so lots of praying gets done... after a while, I get these:

...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:463: attempt to inde
x global 'unit' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:463: in function 'getRandomUnit'
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1604: in function 'dailyEffect'
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1639: in function 'update'
        ...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1652: in function <...erworkDF V.5.10\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/pantheon.lua:1652>
[DFHack]#

My mistake.

Just change the 'unit' in line 463 to 'u'.
Also in line 477.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 06:29:45 pm »

I have been looking at my most recent Legends-World, and I noticed something. Many of the most well-knows monsters are associated with incredibly many spheres of influence. Now I am not sure if this also goes for deities, but if a deity actually had >30 Spheres, it could get kind of distracting, don't you think?
So, do deities also get that many Spheres?
If yes, do you plan to counterbalance the amount of effects somehow? (I think you already let many similar spheres give the same effect, so that's that.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 03:44:54 am »

I have been looking at my most recent Legends-World, and I noticed something. Many of the most well-knows monsters are associated with incredibly many spheres of influence. Now I am not sure if this also goes for deities, but if a deity actually had >30 Spheres, it could get kind of distracting, don't you think?
If yes, do you plan to counterbalance the amount of effects somehow? (I think you already let many similar spheres give the same effect, so that's that.)
If you are talking about MDF, thats intended. I gave all megabeasts all spheres, so that they can appear as allies for all civs. It happens so rarely, I had to help them along a bit.

It doesnt affect gods, they have only a few spheres, I cant influence that anyway.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2014, 12:49:52 pm »

Deities won't get that many spheres.  If a deity has multiple spheres, it will randomly select one before performing an action.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 09:57:11 am »

You should continue work on this and add more spheres.

I would, but I'm way too intimidated by scripting.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 10:07:02 am »

You should continue work on this and add more spheres.

I would, but I'm way too intimidated by scripting.

I intend to do so, but probably not until DFHack is updated to 2014.  The most logical effects for many spheres would be to modify social behaviors, which is completely reworked for the new version, so why bother writing what will just break later?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 06:33:51 pm »

I ran into a problem where I seem to have a god with no spheres, which resulted in a massive number of nil errors.  I added
if spheres == null then spheres = {} end on line 58, which seems to have fixed it. (This is in the version in Masterwork)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 12:47:16 am »

"null" isn't really a thing in Lua. Conveniently enough, however, undeclared variables are equal to nil, so that works anyway, heh.

The canonical (if there is such a thing) way to do this AFAIK is
spheres = spheres or {}

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 05:56:32 am »

Hey there Indigo, I love this mod, and especially its use in Meph's Masterwork mod. Is this still in development at all? Or is it on  hiatus for the time being? I do hope its not become a dropped idea.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 01:37:41 pm »

Once Toady announced his intention of adding temples to the next version, I decided to put this on hold at least until then.
Pages: 1 2 [3]