Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wrath of the Random Number God IC - Trap dun got you'd.  (Read 3677 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Wrath of the Random Number God IC - Let my people go.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 04:42:03 pm »

Cast down your weapons. Then go.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Wrath of the Random Number God IC - Let my people go.
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »

"Friends, countrygobbos, hear me now," orates Ser Garkbo, holding his blood-splattered lance aloft. "Go forth and throw off the yoke of your Hobgoblin oppressors! You are lowly sneaks and toadies now, but from this day you may be noble revolutionaries and stalwart adventurers like I, Ser Garkbo the Unlikely!"

(Diplomacy +!)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrath of the Random Number God IC - The Dungeon Opens.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 07:47:20 pm »

Ser Garkbo sits high upon his horse riding dog and delivers his speech to the goblins. (+2 for being a goblin, +2 for battle victory) (25!) The goblins look on awe-struck, and their faces harden with new resolve. "You speak the truth! We will free our home from the hobs, and our home will be ruled by Goblin hands! Every hob will fear the name of Ser Garkbo the Unlikely!" The four goblins hurry north into the forest. Hopefully they don't all get killed.

While waiting for the solar eclipse, you loot the hobgoblin. You each gain 360 XP, Ser Garkbo gains an extra 100. The hobgoblin's studded leather armor (AC 3, medium) is miraculously still useable, and he also has a longsword and a light wood shield. Further you find 800 silver, 50 gold, and 1000 copper in a wagon the hobgoblin brought, no doubt stolen from some other travelers.

While you're counting coins, the sun goes dark. Those of you with darkvision see the great doors to the dungeon opening. Inside is a lever, and a 20-foot-wide passage of smoothed stone, which continues into darkness...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 08:18:37 pm »

I suggest we form a party and split treasure equally.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 08:28:21 pm »

"I am in complete agreeance, fair gnome. The way ahead will be dangerous, and it's dangers will be magnified if we act at cross-purposes," says Garkbo, magnanimously. "Let us distribute the spoils of war equally and make it out together alive so that all may hear of our glory!"

Pleased with the evening starting off on a good note, Ser Garkbo hands out an equitable share of the resources, trying on the wood shield to see if it'll fit, intending to otherwise offer it to one of the dwarves.

"Fellow right-sizers, let us make haste into yonder dungeon," says Garkbo. "You there, Mëtinók, I was most impressed with you swift crossbow loosing. What other skills do you possess?"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 08:39:58 pm »

Ser Garkbo hands out an equitable share of the resources, trying on the wood shield to see if it'll fit...
The shield, unfortunately, is as Medium as the Hobgoblin who used it. (That's very medium, by the way).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 08:46:40 pm »

160 silver, 10 gold, 200 copper each.

We don't know how long the door will remain open. Let us move on.

Enter the dungeon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »

"Uncivilised hobbos," says Ser Garkbo, throwing the shield to the dwarves and riding into the darkness (with his darkvision).

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:55:24 pm by notquitethere »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 03:07:38 am »

"Hmm, interesting..." hmms Derek, humbly yet intellectually, "This particular alignment of the planets renders my powers all but useless, it would seem. Or makes foes more... resistant, which amounts to something very similar. Let us see."

Cast Light on a crossbow bolt!

"Well done, Ser Garkbo, well done! Most impressive skewering of that wretched overlarge imbecile. Well done men, let us head onwards and downwards!"

edit:
Oh, and also Enter the Dungeon! Preferably towards the rear of the party.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:53:28 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:44 am »

"I [...] form a party and split [...]," the gnome had said, and Burkha agreed with it wholeheartedly. She did not know the word "friend", but neither was she familiar with the word "enemy", or "colleague", or... wait, "compatriot"! That was a word she knew!

"Onward, compatriots," she says, taking whatever cash was offered and moving with the rest. Not like she could wait for them to go in and die. That would be unsportsmanlike.

Follow the party. Grab the sword and attach it to my armor if nobody else takes it. If none other is brave enough to take the lead, do so myself.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:06:08 pm by Harry Baldman »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 02:11:19 pm »

I'll update soon, although ideally I'd like to get a post from Darkpaladin first.

Edit: It would also be nice to know who, in particular, is going first.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:14:07 pm by Sensei »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 02:54:04 pm »

Why, thank you, humble goblin. I must admit your skills at wielding that majestic lance and your riding prowess are impresive as well. My other skills are many, mostly unrelated to combat, from climbing or picking locks, to sneaking past enemies."
Enter dungeon, prefferably towards the rear as well.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »

Burkha leads the party into the dungeon, with Ser Garkbo and his dog right alongside. Ket follows right behind, while Derek and Urist stand in back, carefully stepping only where other party members have already stepped. Cobwebs hang from the ceiling, casting long shadows from Derek's light spell. There is an eerie silence as the party's footsteps echo down the long corridor. Suddenly, the quiet is interrupted by the sound of stone grinding on stone, as Burkha and Ser Garkbo both trigger an arrow trap! Both are hit (29, 19), Burkha takes 3 damage whilst Ser Garkbo takes 6.

Both are still standing on the stone tiles they activated. What do you do?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Wrath of the Random Number God IC - You dun got trapped.
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 05:53:40 pm »

"Gah!" cries Ser Garkbo in pain. Then with a great leap he spurs Ser Barksalot on, "Hup hup!"

Check for somewhere nearby that doesn't look like it could be a pressure plate. Ride check +9 to leap to safety.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wrath of the Random Number God IC - You dun got trapped.
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 06:55:35 pm »

You just move back a few feet. As you do so, the pressure plate you were on returns to ready position- it governs the right half of the hallway and is about five feet across. Burkha is still holding down another pressure plate, it doesn't keep shooting or anything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3