Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Setting up a user accounts system for php-based browser game.  (Read 755 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hiya, I'm looking to make some simple browser-based games using php as the main language, and I was looking around at options on how to create a robust user accounts system, I've come across numerous code examples and tutorials, but I'm not sure which one would be the best. So I thought I'd turn to the vast store of wisdom on bay12 to help me.

I've considered Wordpress, but I've never worked with that yet, and not sure how flexible that kind of thing is (I want to code most of the game myself, not use Wordpress libraries), and a number of code examples in pure PHP.

Criteria I'd be looking at would be security, modularity and ease of implementation, in that order. Yeah, and I'd like to allow registration via facebook and the like as well as by email. The examples i've looked at didn't have facebook integration, so idk, I don't want to implement something half-assed right now and find it's a pain to try and modify it later to support all that stuff.

Does anyone have suggestions on a module or package that would do the job best?